So there was this Q and A thread on reddit

For anyone interested:

’'We have a bunch of plans for this year that aren’t new game modes. Our focus right now is making sure existing game modes feel like they’re fresh and exciting, like our recent update to Arena. The honest answer is that we haven’t figured out what the next Hearthstone game mode will be. We talk pretty in-depth about common suggestions like 2v2; we’ve even spent some time in design and engineering prototyping what that mode might translate to in Hearthstone. That said, it’s not something we’re working on today. We have some ambitious ideas for game modes in mind, but they’re still very early on in the design process.

As far as new stuff goes, in 2019 we’re really focusing on improving some of our existing systems while also doing some unique events throughout the expansion timeline to shake up the meta in fun ways. We’ll share more information about these events as they get closer to release.’'

Like OUCH. So i guess tournament mode etc have to w8.

’‘One of our goals is to do a better job of creating medium to long-term goals. We’ve talked about doing special rewards for something beyond 500 wins, though I’m curious what players would want to achieve. If you have any specific milestones you think we should celebrate and reward in-game we’d love to hear about them. We could go the route of static achievement like 1000 wins, try to create a continuously rewarding system that doesn’t have a cap like leveling in Overwatch, or do some time-based weekly or monthly progression system. We’ve been talking about all of these individually and will likely release at least one of them.’'

Thats cool, i guess…

5 Likes

For anyone not wanting to scroll through and find their answers, here’s a pretty good summary of the whole thing:

7 Likes

Hearthpwn has a good summary. But apparently I can’t include links, so you will have to go see for yourself. Nevermind, figured it out.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6445-hearthstone-dev-ama-recap-no-new-hero

TBF not really much of substance was said, but I guess that’s a matter of questions.

Why ask about next expansion, come on, we’ll get to know everything in a month… ask about something that we won’t get to know otherwise :s

Expect more frequent team communication, such as articles, blog posts, AMAs, behind the scenes and hearthside chats.

YEAH, ON Reddit!

11 Likes

one of themasked about the smarter deckbuilder

if i got it right the deck builder will help people build netdecks or closest to one based on the cards they added

2 Likes

Yep, it’s going to autocomplete your decks based on internal winrate data of the cards you’ve selected and what wins the most alongside them.

they’d hear about them if they were aware of the existence of their own forum, we talked about it in the “how many golden heroes” topic, i think
also, no new hero this year? are they being more greedy than ever? we had 2 heroes, 2 years ago (rotation+xpac) and 1 in the last year (rotation)

2 Likes

Thats my thread that’s right :grin: Feel free to keep posting there to make sure the devs see it

1 Like

Also its crazy that no dev or CM(if theres any left) posted here something like:
‘‘We re gonna have a ‘‘QandA’’ on reddit. Feel free to participate’’

8 Likes

I think the general answers were pretty interesting. Eventhough I hate the current meta (OTK meets Hunterstone) I have to say that I like the general direction the HS team is taking (more transparency/ faster balancing/ better rewards/ more events a.s.o.).
I was at a point at which I thought about quitting the game last year but now I’ll at least stay around and see what the Year of the Dragon will bring for HS.

1 Like

they’re clueless, they don’t even know they have a site and forum

4 Likes

This roughly translates into : “We didn’t do sh1t about it but it would be bad to just say that. So, we can either say it’s on our radar and we’re always thinking about or we can send the question right back at you and ask you what you want. Either way, bear in mind that we didn’t do sh1t about it and you will get nothing”

4 Likes

It’s beyond crazy, it’s downright insulting.

“Hey babe, I’m going to cheat on you!”

“WHAT?”

“And can I take your car?”

1. These forums are brand new
  2. They don’t use them
  3. They use Reddit
  4. They don’t have the decency to come here and point us to Reddit

Nuts.

11 Likes

I agree with you there i like the direction hs is going with better rewards and faster balancing.

Though the strong position of OTK currently bothers me, and seeing a ton of hunters.
OTK should exist in the game but i don’t want to run into 6 priests and 6 hunters when i play 12 ranked or even casual matches.

I’m also waiting for rotation i said before it was basically a make or breaking point for me, i have played hearthstone on and off since 2015 have faced really obnoxious decks before in the past, but these decks to which there basically is no counter towards. (unless you are running specialized decks, or you can only have 1 of cards in your deck ‘‘Zihi’’)

Make it feel like i could better just face myself to a wall because there is much more enjoyment in staring towards a blank wall than playing these kind of games.

This is pretty reasonable feedback, if we’re going to do a reddit AMA we should throw something up here as well. In retrospect it would have been good to see if you all had any questions and answer them in that thread.

19 Likes

Oh my.

You came out to own up to this personally. If you keep this up the stigma surrounding the teams interaction and involvement here might become entirely baseless!

I have mean jokes, but seriously this issue doesnt even really matter to me and your response actually impressed.

6 Likes

Its gonna take a few moths to fix that bridge.

But ya I love taking surveys and questionnaires!
Layeth it on me blizz

New game modes refresh the game too, it’s been 5 years and they still have no idea what might work?
Do they really think community would buy that?

2 Likes

That was to be expected.