So there was this Q and A thread on reddit

Yeah, like ALL the times before.

Nah, you won’t change. Guaranteed the same thing will happen again in the future. Again and again just like always.

8 Likes

I don’t like reddit.

1 Like

If you are doing an AMA, why not do it on here, and point reddit to your official forums?

It is weird to me that the blizzard hosted forum feels like the empty 3rd party one while reddit is the one that actually gets attention.

Where the devs and community managers choose to interact has a large impact on where the discussions take place. Why not leave reddit alone and place some focus here?

13 Likes

Rotation for Wild would be the dream, even a 1 set each expansion. That would be so good for Hearthstone.

The prob w not rotating wild is the same-deck-packages are always going to be locked in place for each class, unless a new expansion card is so powerful it boxes out a core stemming from what 10+ expansions now plus Classic?

F/e, would some new expansion package totally box out Wild Big Priest? No. It’s not going to replace it. The new cards just slot in if they make the supporting cut of that core.

That’s the problem with no-rotation Wild. The same 2-3 card-packages per class just shape the game and nothing can get involved that isn’t meta like them.

Also, could you elaborate on why Auctioneer only has Druid/Rogue support?
It’s such a deckbuilding-involving card, and absolutely requires ramp/0-cost spells to be-strong-enough (which at 6 mana it’s only strong enough in Miracle Druid…I mean it’s basically optional in Jade).

Rogue? Forget about it, 6 mana is too-weak + Shadowstep Coldight is just (way) stronger overall than Auctioneer.

If devs would even consider Wild getting 1-set rotation per new expansion launch…even thinking about it would be xmas morning. Shaking up the game is critical, more than adding a new expansion, and more than a big once a year rotation for standard only.

Spread out rotation is like so obvious how much it would keep everyone so interested in HS. Every expansion, deck cores will really-change, not just in April. That means deckbuilding really goes up each new expansion…which is what everyone wants out of this game.

Also, buff Nozdormu please? 12 seconds would be much better. Thanks.

2 Likes

The AMA was over two days ago, bud.

1 Like

exactly how i feel !
anyway, how/where do we post our questions for the next q&a?

1 Like

THIS.

Seriously Team5 … these are the game’s forums. Not Reddit or other 3rd party sites. THIS FORUM should be the place you come to discuss the game … not other places. If you have something to say then it should at least come here first rather than last … but if you were really serious about developing your brand and having coherent marketing then you’d make this your ‘official’ forum where you do stuff, and point everyone here rather than other way around.

8 Likes

As much as I agree with you, trying to get the innumerable masses from Twitter/Reddit to come here will never in any form of reality be as effective as simply taking the message to the social media outlets in which they already reside.

Official in-house media has now become a dusty relic compared to the currently trending giants that practically do their marketing for them.

5 Likes

Yeah, you go where there are people. And there are lots of people on Reddit.

Just saying, if you put an announcement on Reddit like ‘‘We re hosting Q and A, on our forums’’ wont more people come to the forums?

3 Likes

Not nearly as many as are already on the internet. Why divert a portion of traffic when you can interact with the full crowd as it already is?

Its circular. The crowd will come here if the devs do, yet they dont (not even to announce a 3rd party Q&A). Why even bother upgrading the forums if they refuse to use them?

12 Likes

Like x10. No elaboration needed.

1 Like

Maybe cause you wanna bring more people here (for whatever this reason might be :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like

Fundamentally I still agree with you and I wish that’s how it was, but dev interaction or not I still prefer our community over Reddit and I’m thoroughly enjoying the new forums, so to me it’s still a net gain.

If the devs come on here, some of the others will, but you’re going to lose exposure. Exposure is marketing, marketing can be money. Every move they make will be catered around maximizing profits through their interactions which, from a business perspective, is perfectly understandable. Personally, I’d rather see them on here.

I understand that, but to paraphrase Dean when he first became active on the old forums: “Announcements made here inevitably find their way to reddit, while the reverse is not always true.”

Proven by the fact we were unaware of this Q&A until it had wrapped up. Seems to me they would actually be reaching more people posting here than there, even if the Q&A itself was held externally.

3 Likes

Theres also the ugly side to consider. People would inevitably call them cowards for sticking to their own forums for questions and answers instead of engaging the fans on their terms. This site is controlled by them and our own people blame them for being PR silence police.

Reddit doesnt come with that stigma

Well yeah, doing the Q&A on another site and not least announcing it on here is a slip on the part of our new Community Manager, who I’ve seen on Reddit but not on here.

its their “official” forums, if people cant understand why they would post here then they really are quite dense. And I’m not even saying ALL communication has to be made here, but we certainly should see more and definitely be made aware of things like Q&A’s, even if held elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’ve got a message to deliver to my family…should I tell them in person??? Nah I’ll just post it on facebook…SMH.

2 Likes