Save the Date: Hearthstone Fall Reveal, Coming October 22!

Holy sh1t he’s right, how the f does Blizzard mess up the portraits to gold Uther, gold Garrosh, & Tyrande. I don’t have gold Valeera, Anduin, Thrall, or Malfurion so those could be messed up too. STOP LETTING PROGRAMMERS TOUCH THINGS THAT NEVER NEEDED TOUCHED, it’s like they’re trying to break their own game.

I came here to read the expansion, not be told to come watch a video on another date. just let us know what’s in it.

There would no doubt be some tinkering involved and I suggested this format because we used to play MTG in a somewhat similar way and it played really well. Although MTG never gave you random legendary cards. Anyway we will see what they do. My personal preference would be to see Wild go bye bye. A card pool that goes back three plus years…no thanks and I’ve already stated a preference so a new Standard format to complement the existing one.

1. Battlepass
  2. Darkmoon Fair Expansion
  3. Rotating set format

Those are my guesses.

Isn’t Standard a “rotating set format?” What do you mean, I’m curious?

It’ll be 6 random sets and it’ll change monthly, think wild light. Blizzard said something about a game mode where people can use their wild collection, so something like;

This month it’ll be all sets from 2020 and 2017
Next month it’ll be thiis year plus grand tournament, mean streets and ungoro

I see… do you think they’ll do away with wild? I hope not…but I haven’t been playing long enough to start playing wild yet anyway. Either way, thanks for the explanation.

The changes will either increase the cost of the game, improve how the actual cost is hidden, but most probably both.

My guess is they keep wild as is (essentially a place people are free to use any card they ever got) but a wild light would be easier for blizzard to manage, since if there is a broken combo they’ll just rotate out the set with the offending card at the end of the month or rotation.

I would be happy with that I think. I’m a wild player almost 100% but I would play that mode some as well. From what I understand it’s a mode where we will use our collection (unlike battlegrounds), so that makes sense. Very excited to see what it is.

I agree that it’s Darkmoon Fair. The eye over the entrance gate at DF looks exactly like this. And so does the battle pet.

What if I mentioned Sergeras instead?
What would you say?
That is clearly the eye on a WoW weapon.
Maybe the balloons and the music could be misleading.
Plus Illidan has been unlocked as a hero recently, after the skull of Gul’dan there could also be the eye of Sergeras.

I’m surprised they haven’t done this already. It doesn’t cost them anything to create an arbitrary game mode where you can only use sets “x, y, and z.” They could theoretically create many different modes with creative different styles based upon the sets chosen and the rules.

They could even use some other unusual rules like limiting the number of Legendaries, or increase the deck size if they want. It would add dimensions to the game without costing them anything.

Generally, this sounds like a good idea.

1 Like

Very Nice! I can’t wait!!!

Hope they will introduce a tournament mode that you can ban classes. I don’t enjoy playing against too much created by cards, I would ban priest/mage. I know this can create different issues, but just an experimental beta mode to test it out will be nice.

1 Like

The new game mode is just going to be battlegrounds coming out of beta

1 Like

They used to have Arena with sets that were out of Standard. It was fun to play.

1 Like

With all the bad ideas in this thread like wild lite I have a feeling the announcement tomorrow will be that much better :star2: :four_leaf_clover: :birthday: :clinking_glasses: :fortune_cookie: :cat:

Althogh really hoping this isn’t about their dumb battlepass idea. Whole 'nother can of worms that’s probably about as good an idea as Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror where they would think that players would invest (money/gold) in those adventures for nothing other than the fun of playing it. Which was a total failure. Battlegrounds should be the standard to which new modes are compared in HS.

1 Like

Do you need twitch prime to get the two free packs? It reads like a contract and I can’t be bothered to read that for 2 free packs!?

no (and some extra characters to meet the twelve character requirement which is kind of annoying but whatever twelve really isn’t that many)