Oops! The game crashed while using Citrix

Whenever I try to open Hearthstone, a bubble appears and it reads, “The game crashed. The crash report folder named ‘2019-04-06_171132’ next to the game executable. It would be great if you’d send it to the developer of the game!”

1 Like

I also have this issue

Same error here.

Not even sure how they want to folder sent to developer.

1 Like

Well…you start by copying the bulk of the error log - which it tells you, in the error message, is located next to the .exe (game executable); which is located in your Hearthstone game folder.

Then you paste the contents into a post (preferably by using the code blocks-preformatted text).

Then the developers will read said post.

Same issue here, reviewing crash logs I see a problem with OpenGL, now I can play changing GPU settings.

If you have Citrix on the system, this is a common cause of the Oops! The game crashed error. Uninstalling temporarily to test should help determine if its the cause. We have seen Citrix Version 4.12 be compatible with the current version if it’s required for work or school, and the version type is a little more lenient.

Otherwise, try checking to make sure both version 2.0 and 4.0 .NET frameworks are installed on the system. - .NET framework repair tool.

4 Likes

This resolved the issue for me. I uninstalled Citrix Workspaces 1903 and the game opened without an issue. Thank you for the post!

1 Like

have had this error since yesterday. I cant even open HS, the battle net client says the game is running, and ive tried everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling battlenet.

Thank you so much! It worked like a charm!

I had the same issue.
Recent update of Citrix Workspace (6th of April 2019) caused me the Oops! game crash error.

After uninstalling the Citrix Workspace it works again just fine.

Hi everyone.
i will ask just one question. Can’t we put the image on this forums pages just to show somethings to blizzard?

A post was split to a new topic: Voidex - Oops! The game crashed!

Hey folks,

The original poster and most of the users in this thread who are having this problem have citrix installed. Essentially, there’s a conflict with Citrix and the version of Unity that we’re using for hearthstone at the moment. If you use Citrix, please check this post for the work around. If you do not, you’ll want to start your own thread.

I’ve updated the title of this forum thread to make it easier to identify for other players.

I installed the most recent version of Citrix (1904) and this fixed the problem. I can now run Hearthstone and Citrix at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks, Aazhyd, for the update and information! We’ll get this updated and see if this helps with the compatibility for Hearthstone and Citrix :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that this fix worked for me as well. I uninstalled “Citrix Workspace 1903”, and installed “Citrix Receiver 4.12” instead, and now HearthStone launches without issue. Even though Citrix Receiver 4.12 is outdated, my work still supports it, so I’m fortunate… hopefully others are as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the report, Isonation :slight_smile: Any chance the 1904 update with Citrix Workspace now works for you if your work supports it? So far I’ve only seen two confirmed and it’ll be ideal to have an updated version that is compatible.

No worries if your work doesn’t support the 1904 version, just wanting more confirmations that the latest version fixes it. In any case, we’re fairly confident Version 4.12 and 1904 have been working so far!

I had to download Citrix Workspace 1905 yesterday for work and now Hearthstone doesn’t open at all. I get the same Oops! crash report everyone here is getting. I do not have the option of uninstalling Citrix since its a work computer. Is there anything I can do to get Hearthstone back?

Fixed it!

Apparently the latest Citrix receiver updated installed some “display driver” called: “Citrix Indirect Display Adapter”

I went to Device Manager —> Uninstalled “Citrix Indirect Display Adapter” driver. And Hearthstone started working again! YAY!

Appreciate the update and letting us know about the 1905 update and work around available, Draigan!

I can confirm that uninstalling “Citrix Indirect Display Adapter” resolved issue for me as well which is good since I require Citrix for my employment. Does not appear to have any affect on my Citrix environment.