Nerfs and Buffs incoming (Zilliax, Lamplighter...)

Pretty amazing that they aren’t touching the most problematic class in paladin. How is Painter’s Virtue not not nerfed yet?

Because people like it. They like it so much they’re playing the dumber version of it in lamlplighter decks.

Lamplighter is basically leeroy
Each consecutive turn you play an elemental you’re buffing it’s damage, which is like buffing leeroy’s charge.

Lamplighter decks are dumber since you don’t need to draw leeroy to keep buffing it, nor do you need to draw/play specifically the handbuff cards to start buffing.

Oh and the lamplighter damage ignores taunt which leeroy normally doesn’t.

Oh and lamplighter is cheaper than leeroy (probably will still be after nerf… I’m not holding my breath that they’ll gut the card like “deal damage to minion” only)

Lamplighter decks is basically handbuff pally dumbed down for babies. And I’ve been told that handbuff paladin is already a super dumbed down deck for babies.

People like to mock pallies for being boring and people only play them for power. The reality is the people who say this is in denial. Of their own guilty pleasure of liking paladins. You know this is true because, again, when something similarly dumb+powerful appears in another class, people flock to those too. Some might even defend it even though they probably wouldn’t have it paladins were doing it.

2 Likes

Lamplighter players are rocket scientists compared to Handbuff paladins.

1 Like

Denial isn’t just a river in Egypt

Does Tsunami really need a buff? Its already played quite frequently and is super annoying already…

tsunami would be good at 6 mana. Not sure it’d make a big difference a 7 , since this spot has already many big spells.

You mean it would be broken, you could play it on turn 5 from Watercolor Artist.
Its not going to happen.

The service axe’s card text does not ac

Patch notes are up:

I will just say: that rogue buff… lol
Happy with the nerfs tho, I expected worse.

I’m not seeing anything out of conniving conman. It looks more like a pally tourist buff. Maybe some weird earthen pally with tourist and you repeat a res/earthen card…

The bigger rogue buff is… to the priest drink

It’s now 1 mana, meaning it works with Sonya

So a rogue who doesn’t want to play elemental just needs to…

Steal a copy of the tea, preferrably more
Steal a copy of the priest tourist (the one where damage taken on your turn hits an enemy
Probably have to shadowstep sonya+tourist or get coins or their mini etc ready for the combo turn
Hope the enemy has enough minions on the board on the combo turn
On the combo turn, play tourist, play sonya, spam that drink so it hits your face for 2 each time, which gets redirected back to the enemy, for the OTK

No MarkMkz weren’t harmed in the making of this joke post.

1 Like

except the new tourist doesn’t redirect to face but to random enemy so the OTK is 100% random if it works?

not crazy in the current meta. you have way stronger combo, and bigger board.

the current buffed version at 10 mana isn’t crazy or anything. its harder to play than before, and considering how much spell the galaxy replay, you’ll often end up with a fullboard without being able to take advantage of the 4 elementals ;

Why do you make an unofficial 2nd thread about it? You should at worst say on the OP “go to the other thread”. You’re endangering the feedback you collect here not being read by Blizzard who made the official thread.

Secret #1 reason why Rogue nerfs are so popular: the rest of the playerbase is jealous.

3 Likes

Yup the Ghoulacabra. Looks like they took a different route all together. Only +2/+1 now. That still makes it a great card for most builds as the health is most irrelevant outside of some fringe builds.

god i could not have been more correct if I tried

lol this didn’t matter at all lmfao

still haven’t seen this once.

or this believe it or not

Most underrated buff of this patch IMO. Card is so good with that huge mana discount early.

2 Likes

But when I play it, it’s Snake Oil Seller and Flowriders.

I will have to play with it again, perhaps those 2 games were flukes.

1 Like

If they made natural talent a discover keyword rather than randomly generate it might have been something but I find it incredibly underwhelming to where its an easy to cut card.

As it stands now its just makes for a (very) poor mans one time excavate rogue. Do nothing turn 3 vs a lot of decks just isn’t viable.

Razzle dazzle on the other hand was a good change

The resurrection adjustments seemed to have made the zilliax shenanigans less of an issue but seeing Ham get resurrected multiple times per game is just as unfun to play against. At least it’s more manageable.

1 Like