Nerfs and Buffs incoming (Zilliax, Lamplighter...)

For constructed, the following cards will soon be changed:

Nerfs:

• Hydration Station
  • Inventor Boom
  • Zilliax 3000 (Ticking Module)
  • Lamplighter
  • Concierge
  • Chia Drake

Buffs:

• Ryecleaver
  • Ranger Gilly
  • Razzle-Dazzler
  • Natural Talent
  • Buttons
  • Cruise Captain Lora
  • Tsunami
  • Service Ace
  • Twilight Medium
  • Nightshade Tea
  • Conniving Conman

There are battlegrounds changes coming as well

7 Likes

I hope they wont go with the boring 7 mana buff for Tsunami( but they will).
I would keep it at 8 but give it more value, the 8 mana slot in Mage belonging to Yogg alone irks me.

2 Likes

Gun to my head, I couldn’t explain what half of these do based on names alone.

4 Likes

More buffs than nerfs. Guess they just gave up on managing power creep.

2 Likes

Which is exactly why they’re getting buffed xD

3 Likes

True.

1 Like

OMG they killed Kenny!

They’re nerfing the only Zilliax I abuse (well, that one and lifesteal one)

1 Like

Prediction here: Elemental Mage will remain Tier 1 material. The deck will adopt the Watercolor Artist + Tsunami combo due to the buffs going harder for the board.

1 Like

Sad to see they caved to the lamplighter nerf… and there do not appear to be enough hunter buffs there.

I would have gutted marin over all the other changes.

1 Like

Oh huzzah, rogue got a dead package this expansion and get no buffs and the one card they can abuse in a semi decent deck is getting hit with a nerf, such foresight, or maybe this is all as planned

4 Likes

It would be funny to me if the nerfs to hydration station and Inventor boom end up making warrior slightly stronger because 3x simultaneous Zilliax was overkill and getting a Zilliax, Hamm, and some other third taunt ends up being more dangerous.

(I’m assuming they just slap the word different on them)

1 Like

Thats the crux of the issue, Lamplighter is going to eat a nerf because of a core Rogue card they refuse to rotate.

And even then if the nerf is only 1 extra mana it might not matter much and the deck will carry on regardless with a lower win % but still playable.

If Lamplighter eats a real 2 mana nerf then by all means pick up the pitchfork.

3 Likes

Buttons is the shaman tourist that draws a spell of each school type

The only reason i knlw this is because i discovered it and have yet to run it hard way in an actual deck

1 Like

One of the main problems is that making it cost 4 is no more challenging for rogue to use with Sonya.

3 and 4 are the primary costs to make Sonya spam copies. You need to make something cost 5 to make that awkward.

2 Likes

Alright, here’s my prediction on both nerfs and buffs

NERFS

• Hydration Station goes to 3 Different taunt minions, might still keep the highest cost portion so could read “your 3 different highest cost taunt minions”
  • Inventor Boom either 9 mana or also gets the 2 different mechs. My guess is 2 different friendly mechs because 9 mana seems like a dumb change
  • Zilliax 3000 Ticking Module ends up being costs 1 less for each Friendly unit. I’m like 99.999% sure that’s the change
  • Lamplighter goes to 4 mana. Although I want the change to be it gains Elusive.
  • Concierge goes to “not less than (1)”
  • Chia Drake goes to Refresh 3 mana crystals or to 5 mana

BUFFS

• Ryecleaver goes to 5 mana (the win rate is so bad that a 1 mana buff will do nothing)
  • Ranger Gilly Goes to 5 mana or gains Taunt. I’d like to see it get both.
  • Razzle-Dazzler goes to 6 mana
  • Natural Talent goes to 2 mana
  • Buttons goes to 4 mana 4/4
  • Cruise Captain Lora to 6 mana
  • Tsunami to 7 mana
  • Service Ace goes to 3/4 (I honestly don’t know how a buff helps this unless it is gains +1 attack when attacking, but I don’t see them adding that)
  • Twilight Medium goes to 5 mana
  • Nightshade Tea goes to 1 mana maybe? Or the damage dealt to your hero goes to 1 but that’s not good synergy with the other cards so my guess is 1 mana.
  • Conniving Conman goes to 3 mana 3/3

Chia drake is the spell draw / spell damage one.

Probably just going to 5 cost.

I don’t know why they haven’t made Nest Matron not free yet…

5 Likes

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought the nerf to Druid was 100% the taunt dragon refresh because THAT card is the problem. If it’s the Spell damage one then yes, it goes up a mana for sure.

Yeah, this is dumb. THIS is the target for sure. Sometimes it is even better than free and is negative mana because it can cost 2 or 3.

1 Like

Idk, I think Sleep under the stars is a bigger problem

It’s literally a 1-mana draw 2 cards with added flexibility instead of having a drawback

It’s broken. It doesn’t belong in this game. Should refresh 2 crystals, not 3 each

5 Likes

I dont understand why they’re going after a ryecleaver buff… Its essentially another mana/stat cheat deck exactly like zillax is now. A more fun idea would have been to have done something with the handbuff or amalgam or taunt portions of the set.

It would also have served to help hunter out a lot more as well. Seems like the design team is deadset on everything revolving around some mana cheat effect.

3 Likes

ok play it on turn 1!

mage is the best elemental deck with less bad match ups and the warrior decks lamplighter mage loses to right now
are getting nerfed…

1 Like