Mercenaries are dead now / Bliz nerf the only way to farm

First some numbers.

You need 500 coins to craft Leg merc, after that you need 1425 coins for abbilites and ± 1275 coins for gear…

so its 2700 (lucky one who got from pack) - 3200 coins per mercenaries. Not a small number right?

After the enormous nerf for quest portal

Now you can only obtain coins from boss treasure.

My average run is like at best 15 min per run and got coins I was looking for every 3-4 run… So lets say you got 20 coins per hour.

so you have to spend 160 hour boring repetetive pve gameplay for one mercenary so its 960 hour (40 days just saing) for one party (and you will never play another comp).

Results?

• pve boring repetive after while, after many many hours every one wanna just play pvp.
  • After your MM change. Now you must have max comp to be competetive at pvp. So 40 full day farm for one comp.
  • Noone wanna do pvp without max or almost max char, at every similiar exp game.

So f2p have no chance to play pvp now. Whales don´t have any opponentes.

Congrats Bliz you manage to kill your new pruduct in few weeks after release. Well done.

I hope you catched enought whales before that.

Personal stats. I opened ± 60 packs and grind every day since release about 4 hour a day.

I have 4 max char. Miss 6 merc (all leg) And not a single one leg close to max.

I know at begging you will do this poor desicision and instead of buff other ways to farm you just kill the onlyone at least half decent.

I also know at many farm game like this one it take a time to max. But that games are rly a slightly more fun than pressing 4 buttuns over and over again.

So i quit merc till/if you fix it.

Merc now is good only for one time finish a “story” than quit.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/

9 Likes

Bli$$ard don’t want f2p players they want people paying money. This is no surprise and it’s been no secret that mercs has been the most greediest game mode they have released yet

1 Like

encourage people towards more engaging gameplay

Whoever wrote this has no idea what they are talking about. Slogging through later levels and getting a damned potato is not engaging gameplay.

I’m hoping they come in on Monday and buff the Stranger chance from later levels, but given Blizzard of late it’s not much hope…

7 Likes

Idk, there are all kinds of cool games. And ppl choose some … total… . Even if you put in 960hx2, you will be stuck with maniplulated pvp… pve. I don’t know why ppl choose to play it, it’s even worth a minute. I get why some might like hearthstone card game, because if you played WoW, it’s cool minigame. But as main game to play or grind, it’s not really worth even a sec.

1 Like

I have an idea - why don’t you just play the game as was intended, & stop with this entitled notion that you should be able to farm?

The game isn’t broken just because you can’t cheat anymore.

1 Like

i don’t know what is going on here in this post,
but i believe at least half of us are calling out the BS reason they used.

limiting mysterious stranger is basically moving Spot A into Spot B,
doesn’t make the game more engaging as they stated.

Original poster of this thread probably taken this in the wrong way and went overboard.

but doesn’t change the reason stated on official update is non-sense.

edit : still waiting for people to make a conclusion on new farming spot.
which basically spot B and we still gonna do the same stuff.

basically goes pick up a stranger and retire.

there will be less out rage if they stated “people farming to quickly.” as their reason.

if they use this reason, people will be acting like…
ahh… to bad, i come late to the party.
can’t believe people are progressing so fast to the point they nerfed a way to progress.

i can’t speak out for other, but i can speak out for my own reaction.

edit 2 : at this point i can only assume whoever handle the update doesn’t even play the game hence we can see bunch of inconsistency.

1 Like

I am in agreement with the OP. I finished the story a few days ago, farmed out what I could using the heroic air elemental method, and got all the base equipment for the mercs the game was NICE ENOUGH to give me (got WAY too many portraits).

Cariel, Cornelius, Velen, Tirion, Xyrela, Anaconda, Millhouse, Tyrande, Blinkfox and Grom are what I had to work with, and they are all mostly done, with a few level ups needed for skills here and there. No, they aren’t a great team for pvp, but for the story mode, a sustain comp works just fine.

With this latest change, I feel bad for anyone that is going to have to farm with a nerf SPECIFICALLY designed to make the game more tedious.

Farming does not equal cheating. For the sake of politeness, I will leave it at that.

3 Likes

There is absolutely no logic in anything you said. The term White Night gets over used on these forums for people standing up for Blizz when they legit do something wrong but I’ve never actually seen a situation where the term could be so aptly used.

This Nerf, including it’s timing, justification, and implementation were flat out a BAD idea. Farming/grinding isn’t cheating. There’s no reason this needed to be done and there’s especially no reason it needed to be done last thing on a Friday before punching out for the weekend.

Some people tend to go overboard, get hyperbolic and blow things out of proportion but the bottom line is Blizz screwed up here and at a time where their good will is all but nonexistent due to other recent blunders of theirs.

3 Likes

Mercenaries are dead now / Bliz nerf the only way to farm

What is that headline? Felwood 6 is even more efficient and can be farmed the same way…
Like its just wrong to claim there was only one way to farm, when there is an even more efficient way still available…

You maybe missed at elementary… So I will explain to you that 5 encounters is more than 2 encounters. + Encounters take two rounds. Barren take one round. So felwood is 10 rounds and barrens 2 rounds (don´t even mentioned restarts when barren can be just one round)

That means felwood takes more time. More time mean less (much less remember? 10 more than 2) efficient. Got it now? Thats my boy.

you get better rewards when conceding felwood, you had many rounds without full campfire… so u had a lot spare time in barrens… felwood gives ms more frequently cause of the higher level…
so overall you get better rewards and faster ms… all in all its just still very efficient way to farm and claiming that they removed the only farming possibility is strictly wrong

got it now?

Ah there was miscommunication the topic was for blizz or people who actually know what they are doing.

• Full campfire is…pardon me, was actually the best way to farm specific coins. Not a problem.
  • Better rewards from concede? Rare coins are just secondary garbage, no player who knows what is important care about it.
  • More consistent MS? Well 3= runs 1 portal 2 sabotage. Very consistent yeah :smiley: But at least at one thing you were right. Now its more consistent than 0 MS from 15 runs at barrens now.

apparently u dont seem to play the mode actually, nor u understand me…

i said full campfire is way easier in felwood 6 than barrens cause in barrens it took way longer to get ms, cause drop rate in felwood is better…

i am not arguing with u more… your title is just wrong and misleading… people who want to grind the same way the did in barrens just do felwood 6 now thats all.

if u dont like that just quit the game and move on.

cheers

The hotfix says:

so what does it have to do with felwood or barrens.

strongest merc: 4
bounty level: 4 or higher

high chance of MS

the only 2 numbers you have to look for maxing out the ms apperience are the levels of your mercs relative to the bounties:

merc > bounty: low to 0 chance
bounty > merc: increasing chance the higher the difference is

thats the only information we get. so where did you get your informations?

I tested it by playing both, barrens 2 prehotfix and felwood posthotfix…

Well except 6 merc i have all above 7 tasks. I did my part at game.

This is just false statement or pure lie. Before nerf it took like 1 minute to get to the place at barrens and even if it take 4 try to get MS (my average was like 2,5 run per MS) its 4 min for MS.
At fellwood is about 5-10 min to finish to the place and even if there is 100% chance (which is not according to my test) its slower.

So fact is fellwood is much much slower way to farm. Feel free to share your data if you want to correct me.

Your Headline is this: Bliz nerf the only way to farm

I wont argue if its exact same or not… maybe barrens was still slightly more efficient.
I cant tell.

Felwood definitely isnt much worse per hour, what you get out of it, acconting for all factors.

cheers, just your headline is totally off and missleading thats all

You know what? I have to give you that. I exaggerate the title. If forum let me, ill fix it. EDIT: Cant correct it so lets name it "Mercenaries are dead for me now / Bliz slower grind 3-4 times.

But the rest is still the same. Maybe for your 3-4 slower grind is slightly slower but not for me. After all its just matter of opinion.

Oof this take is just wrong. If what you mean by intended is that we all be whales and spend hundreds to thousands of dollars, okay fine go off. But to say that farming tasks was cheating is blatantly incorrect. It isn’t cheating to find the most time efficient way to play a game—especially since there were zero exploits involved.

Go back to playing the game as intended and stop spreading falsehoods.

thats fair, as I mentioned in other posts, the hotfix was bad and should be reverted nevertheless… appropiate fixing it would have been to boost rewards at later heroic stages accordingly…

even if felwood 6 is similarly good as barrens 2 was, it still isnt exciting and wasnt… the reward distribution across chapters is just off