[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

You fixed it you, beautiful son of a classy lady!

I have had to use my note9 as a hotspot and play on my old s8 for the last month or 2, but I tried this and it worked. Thank you.

Does anyone know how to do the APN trick on IOS? I’m still unable to access the game and can’t find a way to change any settings on my phone! Or… blizzard, can you just fix this?!

So today t-mobile had an outage, it’s back online… And now I can’t connect to the game again :frowning: APN trick not working going to mess around with the settings and see if I can’t get a temporary fix again.

Ok… so I switched from LTE to 2G/3G. It’s working now. Originally this truck did not work.

T-Mobile is done fixing them network. My phone can now connect without any changes to the APN and while using LTE

Samsung Galaxy 10
Android 10
Sprint
North America

1 Like

Blizzard is blocking mobile carriers. I cannot log in no mater where I am or how many bars of LTE I have. S10+ / TMobile. Started in May.
Blizzard or Tmoble is blocking access. Proof: I activated my VPN on LTE and I can log on.

1 Like

Hey, everyone! Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on this issue. Our team has confirmed what is causing this issue. The problem with this is due to how hearthstone handles IPv6 connections. This does make the issue a bit more complex on our end, but our team is working to have this permanently fixed in the future. We do not have an ETA on when this may be fixed, as it’s not something that we can push updates for and we’ll need to coordinate with other services to ensure this will work for each connection.

At the moment, there’s a few workarounds for this issue. Ensure that the cellular network is using Ipv4 and IPv6. While not supported by us, this should help workaround the issue.

1. In your device settings, locate “Access Point Names” (APN)
  2. Open the selected APN and copy these settings down or screenshot it for later.
  3. Go to the APN, and create a new APN.
  4. Enter in what you wrote down/screenshot in step 2 into the new APN. Make sure the name is different. Do not save this yet.
  5. Find the APN Protocol on the new APN and change it to IPv4/IPv6. Do the same thing for APN Roaming Protocol.
  6. Save the APN, and make sure its using this APN. Once thats done, restart the phone.
  7. Try Hearthstone to see if this helps.

If you are on iOS or unable to make changes to the APN, please contact your provider for assistance. Some devices automatically have the settings through the SIM card and cannot be changed through the settings. Alternatively, we’ve seen that switching from LTE to CDMA has helped some users.

Shout to everyone who recommended these suggestions! It’s not ideal, but this is the current workaround until our team can find a more permanent fix for this issue.

The steps may vary depending on the device. For any further assistance, please check with the phone provider and manufacturer.

I’ve gone ahead and added this to our Known Technical Support Issues and if we have any more details on a more permanent resolution, we’ll keep this thread and the known issues updated. Thank you all again for your patience and understanding!

4 Likes

Thanks for getting back to us! Do you know the work around for IOS? I’ve done some research and I don’t think that’s something I can do…

Is there a word around for sprint users who have the access point names locked by sprint and cannot modify them

3 Likes

same issue t-mobile note 10+ 5g only works on wifi and not really playing because of it. Times I usually play is when I don’t have wifi access! Please fix!

2 Likes

I’m using ipvanish VPN on my phone and it let’s me play that way.

1 Like

Wow over a month to just discover the issue. How much do you pay your developers? I figured it was an IPv6 issue just from the comments of other posters. Over payed people for being lazy lol. People here is a prime example of how you can be stupid and make a great living.

1 Like

Sprint customer here. The only way around that I’ve found is switching from LTE to CDMA, which is 3G.

1 Like

Worked for me up until yesterday. Now i can not even log on to blizz app on my pc over a hotspot. Still no hearthstone. The apn trick did not work. If its not fixed soon i will just drop my cell service foe some one else.

Odd I tried that It didn’t work for me …ill try it again

I’m not getting any luck with loading the game on mobile either unless I’m connected to WiFi. On data it never loads past the door.

My phone is a Moto g7 T-Mobile is my carrier.

1 Like

So finally had a ticket for this issue responded to and was told they have known about this issue for awhile and that they are working on it, which is what they have been saying for over a month. Then yesterday the closed the ticket as resolved, opened the ticket back up and said no it is not resolved, you can mark it a such when you repair this serious issue you’ve known about for over a month. Blizzard has the balls to write they consider this matter closed and resolved… really? How completely disrespectful and unprofessional they have acted this whole time, like the consumers are the ones to blame, shame on you Blizzard.

5 Likes

This worked for me, thanks!

Samsung Galaxy s10e
T-Mobile

Ive got the Samsung S10 and am on Fido, also cannot get past the loading screen despite reinstalling, clearing cache and allowing hearthstone to have insane access to data usage.

1 Like

Edit"::: Nm. Still broken

1 Like

Just got my new phone OnePlus 7pro on T-Mobile network and encountered this problem hope it finally gets cleared up.

Edit: tried the work around was no good for me😕

1 Like