Can't log in on Android

I can’t connect to my account on the Android Hearthstone app. when I click the “sign in” button, it open me a web page of blizzard for login, but after I log in, the app does not recognize it. it keep showing as i’m not logged in and my account is not connected. when I try to sign in again, the web page is open while I’m already logged-in in it.
I tried to log out in the web page to try the whole process again, but signing out made the app to crash.
however, I cleaned cached and try again, and i was not logged-in in the page, but every thing happen as before so I wasn’t able to connect the app to my account.
This is very annoying especially because the app keep showing me pop ups that ask me to connect my account…
any idea how to connect and bypass that?
screecshot: (video): https:// photos.app.goo.gl/SbZE58k455U6yJB48

to me that sounds like an issue for technical support, not a bug report.

it is clearly a bug. it is not something I do wrong. especially the part that cause the app to crash.
However, I posted it on Technical support as well several days ago (before I found the bug report forum) and no one replied to it. https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/hearthstone-cant-log-in-on-android/4277

1 Like

in technical support forums they usually get back with a reply or move the thread into an existing thread if its a common issue. keep in mind that it has just been weekend and your thread was created on friday from what i can see.

and as its an issue with login in and not a bugged interaction within the game it is indeed a case for techincal support.

so you think I should delete it from here?

No need to delete, especially since the original post now has replies, you can delete the post but not replies, so it would look weird.

There is a known issue in the US with T-Mobile and Sprint providers, looks like these providers will default to IPv6 addresses only, which does not work well with Hearthstone. I see you posted your Tech Support question on the EU server, so presumably you are not in the US. However, I could believe that some European providers behave similarly.

So if you have made recent changes (new phone, new provider, new data plan, etc.), it could explain it. You could have a look at the workaround I linked to in that thread, maybe it will help you.

it doesn’t seem to be the same problem. my APN is already IPV4. (I also tried to changed it to IPV4/IPV6 but it did not help) did you watched the screenshot video I took? it seems like a bug, the sign-in button open wrong page

have you asked in the US technical support forum yet?

No. it is so complicated here. I didn’t know there is more then one technical support forum. I just wanted to be able to login so I reported the problem in the easiest way I found.
I’ll try to post this on the US forum as well

I can’t log into Hearthstone on my Android mobile either, I can only play if I have Wi-fi at home.

check the technical support forum, i have seen multiple posts about not being able to log in on mobile data there

my problem has nothing to do with mobile data/wifi. the sign-in button open web page which do nothing.

This is the Bug Report forum, for reporting bugs with in Hearthstone Gameplay. Other issues belong in Tech Support.

this is a bug.
it can be clearly seen at the link of the video capturing I put in the post

And nobody is denying that. You were just pointed at the best place to get help for this specific type of bug. Which happens to be not here.

ok thanks. I though i posted there but now i see i posted in the EU technical support. it is too complicated…

How is this still an issue? Bought a Samsung S20 Ultra 5g and guess what I can’t play on it? Yup… UNLESS I reprogram my phone to bypass my service providers default APN settings and gimp my internet to old tech.

I get it. You want old phones to continue working. I’m sure you can tell by now though that most of that older hardware can’t keep up with the RAM/CPU/Storage requirements as it is. Please bite the bullet and announce a new minimum hardware requirement and patch this pesky issue :slight_smile:

Hi, got same problem. How did you fix it? Cheers

1. Locate your network’s APN settings (usually under Settings, Mobile Networks, Access Point Names (or APN)
  2. Write the information you see there down somewhere
  3. Create a new APN and enter all the info you copied down and where it mentions IPv4/IPv6, use IPv4 (only)
  4. Save the entry and select it as the APN to use

Did that. Didn’t work… heh