[Main Thread] Google Pixel 6/7 Crashing in Collection

This fix does work.

I also notice my phone runs a lot cooler when using it, and doesn’t feel like it’s about to burn through my hand.

With normal setting my Pixel feels like it’s at 100 degrees Celsius. Wondering if this is causing the Android OS to crash Hearthstone to protect the hardware. Also I notice when the App crashes I only lose graphics, but still have sound. People have mentioning the crashes are in heavy animations area, so maybe start there?

Good luck with a permanent fix and thx for the temp one.

1 Like

Have done reinstall, even reset phone. Did not help the least.

Pixel 6 Pro, latest stable os version.

Any updates on this issue? It is basically making hearthstone unplayable for us pixel users.

1 Like

Was hoping the update had something but nope, Its still happening

Pixel 6

Same - what was in the update? Game crashes on startup for me. Happening since last week. Battery saver fix did not work.

New patch released but still not fixed. Google Pixel 7 pro. Was able to get through a couple games with no issue then outta nowhere constant freezing and force closing… again.
It’s been about a month now. About time to play something else

Pixel 6 Pro user here. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and I’m still experiencing this behavior.

It’s s frustrating use experience. I hope you all figure it out.

Thanks.

Come on Hearthstone team, you have to do something!!

The issues on Pixel 6 started a week or two ago and are getting worse. I’m playing Battlegrounds and at this point the game crashes every round or two so it’s entirely unplayable.

Yeah I can’t go through a whole game without relaunching the game on Google Pixel 6a. My iphone 10 from 2018 ran the game better like wtf. Fix please :smiley:

1 Like

Good news! I found a solution! on my Google Pixel 6 running Android version 13, with Hearthstone 25.4.165029… On you Google phone… Menu/Settings/Google/Game Dashboard/Use (toggle on) Game Dashboard; Open Hearthstone, Maximize the Game Dashboard, click on the game dashboard controller icon, change OPTIMIZATION to “Battery Saver”. (Note, game dashboard will appear as a small chevron when minimized requiring a pull inward swipe or as a small controller icon when maximized)

2 Likes

The battery optimization doesn’t seem to help.

The game feels very choppy, especially in the store and collection.

It’s quite unplayable for me on my phone.

1 Like

Did the battery optimization suggestions, didn’t work and still getting crashes (just got through a game with three crashes in a row causing me to lose a turn). Hope blizzard isn’t relying on the battery saver hack.

1 Like

Pixel 7 pro here, constant crashes/unplayable the last month.

I don’t understand how there can be 0 replies to this issue.

Perhaps pixel 6/7 is too small of a user base, but the fact that these crashes basically mean 100% churn rate for those users, this is a massive failure on blizzards part to not even acknowledge/have a fix after a month.

Terrible (and I say this as a 25 year+ blizzard fan; and someone who played hearthstone from the beginning of launch til now)

1 Like

Same here, Pixel 6, European server. Game crashes when alot of animations are involved. Cannot access any of the M
y collection at all without crashing. Have cleared cache and reinstalled but no fix.

Came here to also report this. I am experiencing this on a Pixel 6. My friend, who has a Pixel 6A is going through the same freezes.

It really looks like they’re ignoring these reports.

Maybe we should open new threads?

Same problem here - Pixel 6a (Android 13)

This is not a pixel 6 issue. It also occurs for pixel 7.

Please do a proper QA/device testing - the problem is perhaps bigger than you think.

Same issue on Pixel 7p. Been over a month and still no update. Would recommend 1 star rating/review and walk away from the game until fixed.
As a lifetime blizzard fan, this company is more concerned with micro transactions over a good product.

I’m having the same issues. Duels is unplayable on my Pixel 6a.