[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

Same problem.

If this is a T-Mobile issue only and not a Blizzard/T-Mobile combined issue, I’ll go and switch carriers tomorrow.

Any confirmation this is 100% T-Mobile and not Blizzard?

2 Likes

Hello TMobile users! The work around that I’ve had with T-Mobile network issues was adding a new APN. ‘epc tmobile com’ is the APN. I recommend Googling the steps and required info. Some devices will likely have it as a trusted one already I’d presume, but I had to add it manually and choose it as my current APN.
My Specs:
One Plus7 Pro GM1917
Android 10
T-Mobile

4 Likes

I wonder what changed and why we’d need this but I’ll look into it. Thanks.

After working with a tech, I found the answer. You need to add/edit access point to allow for IPv4/IPv6 APN, not just IPv6. I did that and now I’m back in.

I just saw your post on the TMobile forums.

Can you post details for others?

Go to settings>connections>mobile connections >access point names.

Add a new access point named whatever you want.

Copy all the info from the current access point to use in the new one. The only difference is to change the “APN Protocol” from IPv6 to “IPv4/IPv6.” Save this access point and connect to it instead of the other ( Probably named “T-mobile US LTE.”

Should get you playing again.

NOTE: I am not responsible if you jack your phone up or do this wrong. In such a case, I suggest going back to original access point. I am NOT affiliated with Blizzard, Tmobile or any other anything. I’m just a dude.

9 Likes

Switching APN to epc did help me. IPv4 or 3G didn’t.

resolved below: My T-mobile/Sprint Samsung S10 has the entire APN menu greyed and won’t allow me to make adjustments. I spent a few hours, to no avail, with Tm/Sp tech support, each directed me to Bliz.

Bliz support sent me to this forum to await a fix.
And I still can’t get in with mobile while Wifi works fine.

Did my Wife do this?

UPDATE… Switched to CDMA from Auto and I got in. No APN switching, however, it’s now a 3G connection. Curious…

1 Like

Just installed software update from OnePlus. It wasn’t available yesterday. Now it let’s me in game without switching APN or anything of the kind. But. Takes 2-3 minutes for the app to get me through the Hearthstone logo and into the play lobby. Mobile data speed is fine, just checked.

I tried all of the steps for my OnePlus none of them work. I wonder if this depends on which tower the phone connects to.

This definitely blizzard though. They changed something on their side to be incompatible with T-Mobile. Everything was updated on my side and working the day before. You shouldn’t need to change your APN settings. They probably just blocked certain ports on their login servers that T-Mobile uses specifically.

Back to epc APN. Fast APN doesn’t work

OK… so after like 17 ticket reopens and weeks on this forum I’ve had no useful help on this… I was finally told that the only way to get a dev to see our widespread issue is to put it on the forum and pray (hasn’t worked for the past 7 weeks or so).

So maybe a Dev will see this pot.

Anyway, here is all the detail for this issue:

I’m having problems logging in using mobile data on my iPhone 6S, I’m able to log in at home on my wifi but I get stuck at the tavern doors when using data. Have tried redownloading the game, switching phone off and on again, nothing changes.

Yeah, I had the same problem. It might be your DHCP server that is blocking the login. Blizzard might have a tracking or ad bot enabled when you try to login that your server is blocking. I switched my WiFi off, downloaded it with my data plan and I was finally able to login. I hope that works, and if what I’m saying is true, then that goes to show that companies will got to every length to collect and sell your data.

Sprint prevents apn edits. Any other solution? My S10+ still cannot connect via mobile

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem and i’m from Argentina, so this is not about a phone service provider.
I usually use the wifi at home to play, but as of this morning i’m getting time outs at the tavern door.

The problem can be fixed by blizzard it is a wait game at this point. Everything worked before the update which means the update caused it, this a simple deduction. Obviously we don’t see any blizzard responses here like in past update issues. Maybe the corona got them lol.

1 Like

Yah, cmon blizzard please fix!

1 Like

I used the fast dot metropcs dot com APN to keep LTE speeds over the T-Mobile network since they’re affiliated. Works fine.