[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

Update with the data connection. I was checking in on the game after having the same issue on sprint for the last almost 2 months. As of yesterday, it seems to be resolved for me. I will be keeping an eye on my connection. Definitely give the game a go to see if it works on cellular data for you guys. (Side note, since I’m on sprint. It wouldn’t let me do the quick fix. Its just working as it should atm)

Still nothing for me :frowning:

Sprint user here and problem still exists for me with no possible work around

I used a VPN to connect to a different tower and my game started to work fine idk why not a tech guy really but hope it helps somebody. :grinning:

Same issue here for a while. Galaxy s9+ on tmo.

Hey all,

Our developers are aware of the bug, but it will take some time to resolve. For the time being, please continue following the work arounds which Caterpepi posted.

I have tried that, it does not work.

Why is it taking so long to fix?

1 Like

The work around doesn’t work for the majority of us. How long is ‘some time’? I paid £20 for the battleground pass and I haven’t been able to play the game in over 2 months… it’s unacceptable.

2 Likes

Holy Hearthstone Batman! This worked for me without reboot. Galaxy S9+. Hope it sticks. 2 months without mobile Hearthstone.

1 Like

Me again. It worked for a week and now its gone on mobile data again. Hope this is fixed soon. It was very nice to have it back for that little bit.

1 Like

If the work around worked then sure, but it doesn’t

1 Like

Same issue: stuck on saloon door loading screen (no title/text on screen)

• Device Model: Galaxy S10+
  • OS version: Android 10
  • Provider where the issue occurs: Rogers (Canada)
  • Hearthstone Version: 17.2.49534
  • Region (Americas, Europe, etc): Americas

Tried the APN switch to “IPv4/IPv6” and it didn’t work. (Previously it was set to IPv6)
Then tried switching to just “IPv4” and this has temporarily fixed the issue for me. I’d suggest testing this option.

However, this clearly is a Hearthstone issue and I shouldn’t have to alter my connection settings for just one app. Awaiting for the final update once Blizzard has fixed the issue themselves.

So now we are approaching 2 months of zero fixes and no updates… the updates we have received have been the same exact sentence we have been given since week one. “We are working on it and are aware of the issue” … ummmm ya no crap. What compensation are we to recieve for this poor customer service? 60 days at an average quest reward of 50 gold… thats 3000 gold missed out on… not to mention special quests… not to mention loss of rank and end of month rewards for said rank. I want to know what we are to be receiving to make this right to your customers who have done nothing wrong.

3 Likes

I am also having the same issue. I have been going back and forth with T-mobile for quite some time now. The representative stated that they have been trying to get a hold of Blizzard support, and have them escalated to the network team to figure out how to resolve this. The issue appears to be a problem for T-mobile LTE in CALIFORNIA trying to connect to Hearthstone. The Representative using T-mobile in a different state confirmed that he wasn’t having any issues at all. He also confirmed that there is clearly an connection issue between T-mobile LTE networks and Blizzard, but they just don’t know which problem it is.

Could Blizzard’s IT team connect with T-mobile’s IT team and sort out this issue already? I’d figure there should be some kind of direct contact channel between the both of you to get this issue sorted out.

1 Like

Not just t-mobile and not just USA, also an issue for O2/Giffgaff in UK and EU

1 Like

I’m having this exact issue. I do have OnePlus 7pro 5g on T-Mobile and I still can only play on wifi even after giving hearthstone app access to unrestricted data usage, and location+storage access

1 Like

Come on guys, at least provide an update.

1 Like

Any news on the fix its been 2 months since this started. I havnt had access to WiFi in almost a week and it would be very nice to play something instead of going on Facebook. No one and I repeat no one should be on fb as much as I have in the last 24 hours. The worlds a poo show and i need hearthstone to help ignore it.

4 Likes

Going to have had an entire expansion unavailable to play by the time this gets fixed.

Seriously, hire a network engineer that can figure this out. You a new expansion coming out already. Your company is making a jack ton use a little of it for customer service or your going to see future losses greater than money you could have put into this issue.