[Main Thread] Cannot connect to Hearthstone on Mobile Data

Same issue
OnePlus 7T Pro 5G
T-Mobile
America’s

I did find that although I can’t play directly on my current phone on data, if I use my hotspot, I can play on other devices. This isn’t a perfect fix, but it has been good enough for the time being while not having wifi in my home

Hey folks, thanks for all the data so far.

While we still don’t have a fix for the issue, with all the information provided thus far appears to have helped us narrow this down. We have some suspicions for why this is happening now. I can’t speak to what they currently are or what the fix looks like, but we’ll update you once we get more insight.

In the mean time, we suggest using a different connection method if possible - at least for now, to work around this.

• Device Model: OnePlus 7T
  • OS version: Android 10
  • Provider where the issue occurs (ie. T-mobile): T-Mobile
  • Hearthstone Version: 17.2.48705
  • Region (Americas, Europe, etc): America’s

Can connect on wifi.
Cannot connect on LTE / 2G / 4G

• Device Model: Google Pixel 2 xl
  • Provider where the issue occurs (ie. T-mobile): T-Mobile
  • Region (Americas, Europe, etc): America’s

Can! connect on LTE / 3G / 4G / wifi.

The pixel was my old phone. I just switched to this OnePlus 7T as of yesterday. The issue does not occur on my old phone and it has had hearthstone installed for at least a year or so. Hope this info helps.

1 Like

Has there been any updates to this still having this issue i have sprint

Same phone same issue

Maybe some of your millions of dollars could go towards figuring out why half of your mobile player base can’t access the game. There is no excuse for this problem taking nearly a month to fix, let alone figure out. This is getting ridiculous. A lot of us are losing out on daily win and quest rewards.

1 Like

I got it working!!! See below for APN directions, please reply if this worked.

Blizzard* I only changed my settings from ipv6 to ipv4/ipv6.

Get a pen & paper ready. Directions to change your APN Protocol on OnePlus 7T

Step 1.
Find your “access point names” I’m on a OnePlus 7T so mine is settings>WiFi & internet>Sim & Network>Access Point Names

Step 2.
Open the current selected APN and write down or copy to your paper all of the settings (example: Name, APN, Proxy, port, etc… Most of these you won’t have anything to copy or it may say none or none set).

Step 3.
Go back to the Access Point Names directory and create a new APN. My OnePlus 7T has a Plus sign in the top right to create a new APN.

Step 4.
Go through and copy everything you wrote down.
Just for the Name, type the same name you copied but add a 2 at the end. (Example: T-Mobile LTE 2)

Step 5.
After you have copied everything, find APN Protocol on the same page your editing. Change it to ipv4/ipv6. Find APN roaming and do the same.

Step 6.
Save via the 3 Dots in the top right of the screen. Close out of settings and restart your phone.

Step 7.
Pop open hearthstone and see if it works. Please return here and let me know if that worked! Thanks!

1 Like

This absolutely works. Thank you!

Doesn’t work for me. My access name is greyed out with Sprint on Galaxy s10+. Can’t change access name at all

2 Likes

Isn’t working for me either, sadly. Thanks for the effort, though!

I suppose I will continue to play other games while I await blizzard to patch their mistake.

1 Like
  • Device Model: Samsung s20
  • Provider where the issue occurs (ie. T-mobile): tmobile
  • Hearthstone Version: newest?
  • Region: NA (California)

@Deverik @Theloxx Just to clarify, you aren’t editing the existing APN. It won’t let you. You have to click the Add button in the upper right hand corner when you click Access Point Names from your connection menu. This will let you input a new APN record where you copy the existing record exactly except for changing the APN Protocol to IPv4/IPv6. You then sometimes have to manually click the newly created APN in order to “Apply” it as your current APN (make sure the circle beside the APN is filled in). The process of creating the new one is tedious as hell, but it works when done correctly.

1 Like

What progar said xD I can’t change my actual APN either. All greyed out. Had to make a new one

1 Like

Sadly it didn’t work for me but I like the effort thanks man

1 Like
  • Device Model: IPhone X
  • OS version: IOS 13.5.1
  • Provider where the issue occurs: Giffgaff
  • Region (Americas, Europe, etc): England

Can we get an update on when this will be fixed please? It’s been 3 weeks now, it’s ridiculous!! I hope there will be some form of compensation for the battle pass as we cannot access the game…

3 Likes

On sprint you’re not allowed to add a new APN or alter the existing APN. So this workaround isn’t gonna do it. Seems I’m stuck till this is fixed.

4 Likes

T-mobile is one of the carriers having these issues. The APN fix doesn’t work for me(yes, I have been in IT for 20 years I know what I am doing), I am guessing it may have to do with maybe even a combination of things. If the APN fix works for some then obviously it is an IPv6 issue. I am also leaning toward certain cellular towers being upgraded because of 5G, the towers can all be on different version hardware, software or configuration. Possibly even some of the newer phone technology is affecting this as well. The easiest way to cure this is for blizzard to revert the change in their software patch that is causing this. As I was say before T-Mobile is one of the carriers associated with this. The really funny thing is that T-Mobile sponsored the grandmaster tournament, but in return they could lose business because of blizzard. Blizzard you obviously don’t have someone higher up that cares about your business relations.

3 Likes

I am still experiencing this. It starts fine on wifi but if I am on data it sits on the pictures of inn doors with the Rune pulsing blue forever, even though I have full bars in an area I know is fully 4g lte. I am on t-mobile with unlimited data. I just started getting this issue after the patch that screwed up the rankings

T-mobile
Unlimited
Samsung note 9
Up to date
I am a trucker and drive all over the center and east coast of America, it happens every where.

2 Likes

Hi, I play hearthstone primarily on mobile. As of last month’s update the game has been unable to launch unless I am connected to a Wi-Fi. I thought that this issue would be resolved by the next patch to come out but it still hasn’t been resolved. I looked online for possible fixes such as clearing my cache and mobile data. Even tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but the problem persists. What can I do to play this game over mobile? I’m not always near a Wi-Fi spot and this is really affecting my game experience.

The game opens and gets stuck on the tavern door with the glowing emblem unless I open in WiFi

5 Likes

I can’t believe that even with the recent update it’s still not working… does anyone know how to contact blizzard directly? I’m fed up of moaning on a forum!