Legendary merc reward: why it had to be Jaraxxus?

First, some background. There has been no clarification yet, however, I have decided to get all new mercs (or, well, simply all mercs available, since I’ve already got the rest) from packs, which I have done, in order to obtain some golden (or maybe even diamond, come to think of it, although I wouldn’t count on that) legendary portraits, which are much more rare and hard to come by, from these quests. So, I do the last task in the ‘Whispers of the Old Gods’ series — here’s the chance for a nice portrait of some good legendary mercenary, and what do I get? Well, you know it:

JARAXXUS, JARAXXUS,
YOU FACE JARAXXUS,
EREDAR LORD OF THE TRIFLING GNOME!
YOU FACE JARAXXUS,
YOU FACE JARAXXUS,
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA… INFERNO!

Why? Just why? I can’t readily think of a worse legendary mercenary, and yet here we are… Well, at least it’s not a base Vanndar mercenary card as a reward, so it could have been worse, I guess.

1 Like

you atleast got all mercenaries.
im missing medivh only. i finish the quest and get diamond anduin.

1 Like

Congratulations for getting the best-quality portrait for an excellent mercenary! :partying_face:

1 Like

indeed. I opened 50 merc packs (not paid) and got ZERO of the new legendary mercs. no protection clearly and just hundreds upon hundreds of dead coins for maxed mercs. I entirely fail to see the point of this mode anymore, its been a year and still no rework to it, they are milking it and leaving it to die… at this point it is probably the right decision.

To be objective: