Old gods task 21 and last guardian task 11

any update on this scam? the rewards are supposed to be random legendary mercs but we get portraits instead

1 Like

wtb update as well, I saved 2 legendaries I don’t have(ysera and murloc holmes), hoping to get them off these questlines. I got a gold border jaina portrait… I will not be doing the 2nd questline for now.

1 Like

Apparently blizzard considers a portrait for an existing merc to be as valuable as a new merc.

I wonder if the 5% chance for a legendary from a pack is also often going to a portrait, even when you don’t have all the leg. mercs.

The last two legendary mercs I got from packs were after 68 packs, then another 50. That isn’t crazy unlikely, but should be very rare.

In constructed I’ve never had consecutive legendaries where both took more than 36 packs (counting by hand, so possibly some small errors). In Rise of Shadows I had three consecutive legendaries at 36,40,36. In Ashes of Outland, I had a 40,35, but that 35 had two legendaries in the pack.

1 Like

I’ve written extensively about the issue here, even addressing them directly, however, there hasn’t been any explanation yet. However, the data from the wiki [1] suggests that the reward in both cases is a random golden (legendary) portrait.

It’s up for discussion. I’ve explained my preference for a portrait, since they are much harder for me to come by as a F2P-player. However, good communication, apparently, is not a priority for them, which is very unfortunate.

[1] https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Mercenaries/Valeera_Sanguinar#Tasks

For me it was the base (non-gold) portrait for Tyrael. I guess technically that means the quest did reward me with a legendary mercenary card, since what I had before was the two gold portraits (the one that was free in the store and the one from whatever the achievement was). Still exactly as useless and unwanted as any other portrait, though. :unamused:

1 Like

i got a portrait and a murlock holmes. so i guess if you have the mercenary you get a portrait and if you do not you get that mercenary. i guess i got lucky cuz i rather have the mercenary than the portrait

1 Like

well, the quest reward says random legendary merc, not random portrait, they aren’t the same

2 Likes

Same here, i was expecting a mercenary that i don’t have and i ended up with a portrait. I bet that the portraits are for those who already have said legendary mercs.

If this is the case, then having the missing legendaries mercs should have been the priority. What a scam…

1 Like

Actually, you were never supposed to have a golden portrait from the shop, it was meant to be the base mercenary card, so I can’t consider this a great injustice.

Yeah, probably something like that. One can speculate that first it chooses a mercenary and then checks whether the base version is owned or not, so the formulation in the wiki might be a bit inaccurate.

In any case, the logic is apparently not the same as the one I’ve already written about, which you would expect from a product in the shop or something like it.

By the way, as my second reward, I got a golden portrait for Anduin — the same one as the base version, except animated. Well, I’m happy with the mercenary it turned out to be, and the portrait itself might not be the fanciest, but not bad either.

let’s all open a ticket !

1 Like

And I can’t consider Blizzard’s mistakes my problem.

Very similar - I’ve opened about 80 packs, got one legendary, and a portrait for that same legendary, and Last Guardian 11 gave yet another portrait for that legendary. If I cared about portraits, maybe that would be forgivable, but I value portraits at literally zero. I could not care less about them.

One legendary in 80 packs makes me doubt Blizzard’s claim of one per 20 on average. That seemed to be true before this current batch of mercs, not sure I believe it is still true.

1 Like

In this case, however, it’s your problem that you got a basic card instead of another portrait — it doesn’t contradict the rules.

1 week later and still no reply to my ticket, looks like there’s nobody working anymore at their customer “support”

1 Like

Mercenaries, the land of sadness and no dupe protection. I’m missing like a dozen legendary mercs and got a stupid Arthas portrait for task 11.

3 weeks later still nobody working LOL