Introducing the Core Set and Classic Format

Not much brain needed to alexstraza -> fireball -> frost bolt -> ice lance -> ice lance

Âż? Ashes of Outland is not going away tho? Then I dont know what they mean XD Did more DH cards were suppose to rotate and not just the initiate set?

1 Like

I think the first two expansions helped to fix some of the isses HS had in the early days. HS was “fixed” after that, only to ruin it with BS after BS stuff with all the expansions afterward.

… I think you answered to the wrong guy

1 Like

I think maybe Curse of Naxxramas, G&G and Blackrock Mountain all fixed HS. Then after that is when the game went downhill and kept going downhill.

Ashes of Outland is staying in Standard… but the Initiate Set is rotating. you can filter for it in your collection

Only the Demon Hunter Initiate set rotates out with the Year of the Dragon.

I mentioned why they might have done as much in this post.

And, as Boreas said, those four cards being Core also prevents people from having to unpack or craft them – which would be very relevant in the case of Epics and Legendaries.

1 Like

they are going to have to do something eventually …itll get boring fast

I too hope to see Naxx, BRM, and GVG added at some point.

That could be it but now that I think of it again I have another theory. The four cards are nerfed cards. They will be moving all 4 of them from outland to the hall of fame in their original form, and they will then be adding them to the core set in their nerfed form, what do you think?

1 Like

Yup. Classic is a bad mode. Everything has been figured out and the mode is stale. The rest of the annoucements seems decent though

its not for everyone. nostalgia junkies will dig it for a while. and it gives budget players a format with even footing… since anyone that’s been around 2 years should have most if not all of the classic cards.

That is an interesting idea!

However, I think it is unlikely. Hall of Fame will become defunct: it, Basic, and Classic are all being rolled into Wild’s new Legacy set.

I think it is likelier they will simply keep the nerfed forms in Standard, and if they do decide to un-nerf them for Wild, it will be when or after they rotate out with the first expansion of 2022.

2 Likes

Future news: Incoming incessant crying against old Zoolock, Leper Face Hunter, Freeze Mage, Savage Roar Druid Combo and ‘Wallet’ Control Warrior! (And some old meta which I don’t quite remember)

Oh and also about how boring the meta is when people are playing Vanilla things compared with new cards who can discover basically infinite resources.

Whatever, I’m still playing wild low ranks and having tons of fun winning or losing with creative/meme decks. If that isn’t touched, then it’s great for an eternity.

1 Like

LOL IKR ?

Mmm Handlock

playable jaraxxus

Trump’s old videos are going to receive a surge in views…

1 Like

Maybe they mean 4 cards from the basic set of DH. Even tho they are from the basic set, they might still count as Ashes of Outland. So DH will have 4 cards from its initiate set, 4 cards from its basic set and the rest will be new cards.

building standard decks without basic/classic is going to be weird (granted, some cards are staying, but still)

2 Likes

Remember that hall of fame still has non classic cards therefore it will still be a thing. However I think your interpretation makes a lot of sense I just think that the implementation (having cards in both standard and core set)is a little bit awkward.

1 Like

As someone who owns every classic legendary golden, (except vancleef after his recent nerfs), I’m outraged that I’m not gettting dust refunds on at least my golden cards that I invested in making with the promise they would never rotate.

10 Likes