How to tell if you're facing a Blizzard Bot

Where?

Did you read ANY of that?

I never said there was no bots. We know bots by players are a thing for almost a decade now.

Are you actually the speed-reading meme?

Yes. I’m looking at your lack of profile picture and generic name and attributing whatever characteristics you’re thinking on to it.

Let me put the keyword here for you:

You people who really wanna stick it up to Blizzard

I don’t have time right now to search the forums, but Theman made a post here no more than a month ago showing proof of a Blizzard bot. These bots are distinguishable from player bots because you cannot add those blizzard bots to your friendlist as they will not show up as a recent player. His post shows what it looks like.

Player bots are very recognizable once you understand what you’re looking for. There are 2 bots that I know of for sure that exist the pirate rogue and the even shaman in wild. The pirate rogue one I have never seen concede a match no matter what. There’s also a YouTube video recently done that shows someone interacting with the bot and how to break it. That video in my opinion is solid proof. He makes a claim, tests it with evidence and gets a result exactly as expected.

The shaman one will concede immediately after it ends its turn and it recognizes you have lethal. This is done so quickly each time Without Fail. End turn immediately the hero explodes. This is just One small thing the bot will do. There are other things like how it attacks, Highlights cards, etc. Once you fight the bot You’ll see the same thing every time.

I only see them in wild and I see them ALL the time. It’s honestly about 40% of my matches in legendary wild are bots. And I’m at 1k in wild.

For anyone who has doubts, come spectate me. I’ll predict how they interact and you’ll see them do it.

2 Likes

I remember that discussion and thought it was in this thread:

Not sure if the actual discussion was in another thread, or if something sus is going on with posts being removed…

And, yes, the evidence Theman gave was very solid.

E: found the thread Killuminati:

1 Like

BEE posted links … not as blizz’s i think but bots in gereral. ill take a pic next time i dont see a friend list.

Guys, “conspiracy” does NOT mean without evidence.

conspire verb
a
: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful or wrongful as a result of the secret agreement
accused of conspiring to overthrow the government
b
: SCHEME

Conspiracy is just the noun from of the verb.

Now, I understand the argument that it’s not secret if we know about it, but that argument can die a death. The point is the intent to keep it secret. Some conspiracies are real.

Which is fine, except that it has been pointed out, and more than once, too.

I understand that some of you people — at least those who are not chronically wasted and such — probably mean well, but I wish you didn’t feed all those attention-starved (and deficient) spammers and bump their multiple duplicate topics, lest these forums become even more of a ‘ridiculous’ dump than they sadly are.

I only point this out because moderation here seems… lacking, and the only thing the community could do in order to keep it somewhat tidy, apart from not littering in the first place, is to mark such duplicate topics, especially from a single author (it is understandable for someone to miss an older discussion once, so I would just direct them there and be cool with it, but this isn’t even the case here), as the spam that they obviously are and move on, which I would humbly suggest that you do.

I was only using the word to address those that are saying it’s a conspiracy theory based on there not being any evidence of it being true. I didn’t mean conspiracy theory in the literal/colloquial sense.

To put it plainly and restate it without the conspiracy word attached, botting absolutely occurs both on Blizzard’s end and the player base, with the player base botting being much more common than the former and with it happening more frequently than others likely believe.

The botting in Classic is pretty well known and is probably more rampant there. Honestly would not be shocked if 50% of all “players” there are bots. One needs only play Classic to Legend to see it. The botting in Wild is getting out of hand. Keeping track of my games alone in the 1500-900 legend rank, I see bots about 1 out of every 3 games. If it’s this high in legend, I can only imagine the rest of the ladder, especially with the bots purposefully losing in the lower brackets to remain there.

But make no mistake, the bots exist in top legend, and they are good. Not good in the sense the AI is good (it’s not shabby), but it’s good in the sense that the decks they use are so simple and so strong that it can win very easily. I’ve lost to them several times knowing they were bots but there was nothing I could do to stop what they were doing because of draw.

For those interested.

This comment has been edited out of fear that it might have been breaking the CoC. To find the evidence being referred to, you can begin by Googling “hearthstone rank 8 bot”. Have fun.

This is some of them that I’ve seen. That’s the botter posting the program as he hit high legend.

However, I did not want to link it because I’m not sure if linking images that show the botting program are against the CoC.

There are also discussions on forums from the botting websites themselves where someone could purchase the program and use it. Those discussions are the users discussing their algorithms, etc and what they use. So the proof is all over the place.

One of the Report options in game is “cheating” then “botting”, so obviously Blizzard knows this isn’t just a problem, but it’s a common one…so much so that they have a report feature for it.

(deleted). not sure whats allowed on forums anymore

Edited that comment to protect my account.

It would seem the veil is being lifted.

1 Like

Yeah, you probably wouldn’t get in trouble, but it’s not worth chancing.

If you spectate some of my wild games when I’m on, you’ll see the bots for yourself.

Did you see the comment in the other thread of the Youtube video from the streamer breaking the bot? funny stuff

SORRY for the off topic question…

Does (post deleted by author) mean it’s deleted by a mod?

No, the original poster deleted, hence “Deleted by author”

I wanna spectate… :slight_smile:
Need to learnnn.

1 Like

You can add me in game anytime and watch
Schyla#1490

2 Likes

Well that may be useful sometimes for timestamps or evidence, but wasting thread space is a bit silly, why doesn’t it deleted the whole entry, ?

Nah.

Blizz is on the record as saying the report options are what people/players wanted, not what they would act on. Hacking for example. No one is hacking Blizzards servers just to win a game of HS, they are going after credit card details, yet the option exists. Because the community really is that dumb!

But in this case, they’ve already admitted they know bots exist and that it’s a problem, straight from a past interview.

Thats sorta my point though.

The report “feature” is nothing more than a placebo IMO.

They havent acknowledged hackers in game, yet the option to report them exists, because it was requested.

The option to report bots doesnt mean anything in conjunction with their comment of “the report options are what ppl wanted, not what we will enforce”

1 Like