Hearthstone Update: Looking Ahead

Honestly I couldn’t really find anything positive inside this post. I do appreciate the team giving a communication as promised though.

Some specific items:
“Constructed, Battlegrounds, and Arena are the modes that our community plays the most, and where you see us making the largest updates”

As a Warcraft lore/story person this really cemented to me that Solo Adventures and any world building for Hearthstone is at close.

“Hearthstone is here to stay.”
This is cringy to read. When you have to deny that your game is dying it isn’t a good look.

“exploring new stories that can be told within Azeroth and beyond”

When I read this it makes me think you are going to introduce Halo characters to Hearthstone. I hope I am wrong. The reason I play this game is because it is set in the Warcraft universe.

5 Likes

i feel like this is my fault at least partially and maybe entirely, for not being thoughtful and good in the past 4 years and instead being sinful and dumb and bad and lower than an animal in the pursuit of my passions sometimes. hard to write that but i think i should.

2 Likes

I’m speechless… Just disgusted. This doesn’t sound like “looking ahead” at all. Very worried for the future of Hearthstone.

6 Likes

“sounds good to me.” — random actiblizz shareholder

2 Likes

Word salad to disguise budget cuts in the name of profits.
Big yawn.

5 Likes

Spoiler alert: better get that credit card ready

2 Likes

Shame on Blizzard, shame on Activision. At one time it was the best CCG, but now it’s disgusting to look at. It would be better if they really kept silent, but they continue to bury themselves

4 Likes

Do you honestly look at all of these replies from your player base & believe that they are happy with your past, present, and future decision-making? —I’d say we, but I, & countless others, have stopped playing or have considered doing so for a while now. Players that have been around since the early days, players that used to buy every shop item, & even content creators & pros. If you do believe people like the game’s direction, who? Your old players? Your current players? … New and returning players??

You think we do, but we don’t.

5 Likes

NOT FUN. time warp deck was fun and involved skill.

Sneed’s Shredder (formerly Chuck’s).

I guess you never googled up how much revenue Hearthstone generates annually.

1 Like

Ну пока все делается что бы игра умерла навсегда. Говорить конечно можно много слов.

2 Likes

I get that the Devs have to work with limited time and resources. But this “looking forward” post is wildly tone deaf. Druid’s hitting 10+ mana when the opponent is on 4. Paladins and Druids OTK’ing on turn 5, consistently, from hand. Printing more pirates. Printing more spell damage. Printing more uninteractive, disgusting Battlecry minions.

You keep making the same mistakes, and missing any and all feedback from your playerbase. You are posting about “pets”. My guy, pets? Really? Your game is dying as you print more of the same mana cheating, infinite generation cards and think that giving a cute puppy next to my portrait is going to keep your playerbase happy enough to come back every day.

Vague-posting about your dope changes to Arena, a gamemode dominated by accounts bought from the COUNTLESS bots in your other formats. Standard is in a horrific spot. Nothing regarding looking at the balance of the game.

What does being fearless mean in regards to printing cards? Slamming things onto a card with no consideration towards the implications of introducing it?

I don’t want to be rude, as I genuinely love this game. It has incredible moments where you and your opponent are in a rhythm of playing cards, and each turn has major impact. But the game is in a rough spot in constructed. You are responsible for that. You print more and more cards that allow people to play the game with 0 input from their opponent.

Those wonderful moments have become increasingly fewer and further apart. I slogged through countless handbuff paladin decks before this expansion, and plague DK’s who physically assault my deck and I am forced to take it. Titans immediately swinging the game, and Reno instantly kicking me from the game. This expansion has far surpassed my expectations of how poorly you could balance a new expansion. It feels like there was severe tunnel vision in your testing. How AFKay was one of the only cards you found to be oppressive during your testing is insane.

This post on “visibility” doesn’t address community concerns. It doesn’t address the state of the game. It doesn’t address any of your plans going forward. It’s a half-assed apology for not making a board with a promise that you can pay for more cosmetics down the line. This post is insulting. You should not be happy of your work here. You guys can do better.

8 Likes

No, stop! Transfer Student is already dead!

Actually, from what little there is in this post, it says that one can pick “favorite boards.” Does this perhaps mean you pick which board you have? I mean, probably not, or Transfer Student would break (if you and your opponent have different boards). I know that many people will have to search up what Transfer Student does to understand what I’m saying here. Will future Transfer Students instead Discover from the year the board was published in?

As for my thoughts on the whole of this post: I am not very optimistic, but more transparency can never be a bad thing, right? Maybe they’ll surprise us? Big maybe, I know.

1 Like

I love it! Thank you for the clarification and transparency, I very much look forward to experience what your team is working on. Here’s to another 10 years!

Yeah, yeah, whatever, just finally delete buddies from bg and continue doing what you want.

1 Like

When a dev has to make a public announcement telling you they are “listening,” that’s a dead giveaway the truth couldn’t be any further away.

1 Like

Awww, poor poor indie game company that is blizzard, it’s sooo hard and difficult to balance their game or even create new artstyles for it, one hour of work every day is more than enough, we should all buy a 80$ bundle to support these greedy f@%#s <3

1 Like

Well said; it’s very sad to see the devs ignore people like you

“Our strategy for Hearthstone is based around three words: Fun, Focus, and Fearless.”

Fun… Ok, so you want players to have fun… that is OK because games should be entertaning… but not only the player should have fun who will win… but also the one who lose… Playing matches where you have almoast zero chance to win, is not fun…

Focus… I have nothing to say about this, because don’t even understand what it means here… (I think you should change that to “Balance” and start to “Focus” on it finally)

Fearless: So you will continue of creating mindless cards and mechanics without considering anything because you are not affraid of killing the game… Just get money at all costs… I see… but not a good strategy to kill the game by every new expansions you just throw out with all of it’s untested mechanics… not good for the reputation of the game if any still left… and don’t be suprised if more and more players are refuse to pay because of that… you won’t get more money like this… you reach the opposite I think, players are start to getting tired of this nonsense.

2 Likes