Hearthstone Update: Looking Ahead

Plz localize the prices on latam. The current prices on Brazil are ridículous. U guys need to change this plz. Thank you

1 Like

Yeah, rest in peace Hearthstone. All this corporate speak really just means one thing: they’re running on fumes.

Nobody wants pets or $40 skins. We want our awesome boards, fun gameplay, and bonkers interactions.

5 Likes

Was the master plan to drop the most power creeped unfun expansion to be released first to distract us that your taking away free features.

5 Likes

So, I don’t disagree that this announcement to tell us their plans tell us literally nothing

But seriously are the only people who post on the community just the players who hate the game or company but play it anyway?

This is why I usually ignore game or franchise communities, because the communities seem to spew 200 time more BS than this corporate BS the devs give us

2 Likes

This “update” can be easily summed up as “poor attempt at damage control”.

7 Likes

One of the worst replies I have ever seen, you essentially are promising us a reduction in the amount of board you are making and promising “dynamic” boards, something that we already had with boards like the uldum one being perfect proof.
You also promised to sell us pets, which may be nice sure but it doesn’t address the issue that a fundamental part of an expansion release for the last 10+ years has been a board. All of this is just the polar opposite of " Fun, Focus, and Fearless" it’s cutting costs at the price of nickel and diming the consumer just to get something we already had

8 Likes

Seems like blizzard is killing another game of theirs and devs are powerless to do anything. Shame, I like this game. Sorry it had to go this way, random hearthstone developer. Thanks for all these years(but not for pirates, I’m more of a ninjas guy)

5 Likes

O_o what there is nothing hard about playing 10 games

cant beleive after all this time and the changes someone istill thinks the quests are hard

4 Likes

Happy 10 years of Hearthstone. To celebrate, we’d like to:

• Remove Duels
  • Remove Mercenaries
  • Remove Game Boards
  • Remove Expansion Trailers
  • Remove Competitive Incentives
  • Remove any connection to WoW
  • … up Weekly Quests
  • Sell you more cosmetics than ever before
19 Likes

Slap me in the face and call me an optimist but I think Nathan was being sincere in his update and cares about all the players whether or not they spend money. I have been playing since naxx and never spent any of my money on the game. I am liking the direction that this game is taking just as long as the new cosmetics and features become available to all players whether or not they spend money. Keep up the decent work

Whoever is in charge of decision making at hearthstone is proving once again that they don’t understand what makes their game special

10 Likes

mercenaries was remvoed years beforethe 10 years

and more3 exp for weeklies is a good change

are you going to complain about duplicate protection too?

and if they sell more cosmetics that isnt bad either i never spent money on cosmetics and ill never do it but if they are selling them and people want to buy them

then they should sell as many as they want !

1 Like

unnerf time warp. Once per game should be removed from cards and game. It is already so many way to disrupt that mechanic. Now 24k dust deck used for years -useless.

just play sorcerers apprentice reverberations buy one get one freeze go with the flow spam ignite and seabreeze chalice and win like every other mage

edit: just got double heat waved into seabreeze chalices with 5 sorcerer’s apprentices with some go with the flows on them

whee

therefore put two dirty rats in my deck lol

Does anyone at HS truly believe the loss of core content, in exhange for way off premium content, is something the players will be excited for? What do we lose next? Will battlegrounds soon cost a tavern ticket?

Looking forward to the eventual blog post where it is announced (only after preorders) that there will be no new card art for the upcoming expansion as the resources are being reallocated towards far off future premium content

7 Likes

Oh, what happened? Can’t lock opponent out of playing his turns? Cry about it.

3 Likes

Great!

We made some changes over the past 18 months that were not what you’ve come to expect from Hearthstone.

Oh! Like scripted outcome? When the system will make you lose a match no matter what if “its time” ?

Nice! But I want you to come up and say how the scripted outcome system works exactly and why are you pushing it?

4 Likes

I think the players need to a bit more thoughtful of the developers. They have had half their staff and funding cut and are expected to focus on profit over anything else. What can they do with their hands tied?

The only way out of this is for them to join the new WoW union. Hopefully Hearthstone employees can join too.

4 Likes

How about making it more affordable instead of being greedy corporate thevies

2 Likes

I used to be a concept artist in the game industry, so I understand that the developers are under immense pressure to make this game as profitable as possible, and even more profitable the next. I understand that devs have their hands tied by demands from the upper echelon of corporate ladders, but at the same time this didn’t necessarily answer the question as to why there was no new board. Or cinematic, that was not mentioned at all.

There’s a lot of words in here kind of to dance around it, and the consensus seems to be other cool, new work is pulling you in different directions. I don’t necessarily care about the cinematics, they won’t make me quit the game, although I really did love them. I care a bit more about the board because I also love them, but again – I get how it works on a development team in game design. I understand this is probably not what you wanted. I think I’m just disappointed that it can’t just be said: we couldn’t make them because blizzard execs don’t want us to waste money on it. If we have to spend time on it, time we are being paid to work, it has to be for profit.

I know you guys have it tough, and I do appreciate what you’ve been able to do so far. But this feels like a very precarious and ominous time for Hearthstone, sort of like the writing on the wall – not the game is going away, but that the game is moving more and more towards microtransactions and more paid content replacing what we’ve received for free in the past. I have spent money on HS and don’t mind continuing to buy things like rewards tracks and bundles and the occasional portrait that really grabs me, but I cannot see myself ever paying money for boards or pets (?) because I’m used to getting boards as a perk with the expansion.

I ask that the developers politely push back to corporate on this to the best of their abilities. HS forums and subs can be a hub of negativity, but this definitely feels a lot more unanimous than it ever has before. You guys know this corporate jargon letter stuff doesn’t work well because it doesn’t work well on you either when you get internal memos. It’s obvious the creative and design teams feel strongly about HS, so push back on this as much as possible. I’ve played since beta, and I don’t want to see HS become a bottomless pit of microtransactions and moneygrabs. Cheers.

6 Likes