Hearthstone Update: Looking Ahead

Can you please make Runestones giftable ?

2 Likes

:frowning:
I am not AI, English isn’t my native language, sorry to seem confusing. I really hope Hearthstone can become great again one day, cause it has really good base to have fun with cards, it’s just… ugh… many reasons now

1 Like

So again same old same old.
You guys promised almost 2 years ago a accesibility patch for blind people to play this game but still no news about it.
At the moment the only way for blind people to play this is trough a mod that is supported by some voluntaries but if they decide to give up bye bye.
We also pay money for this game. We should be treated the same way but blizzard just doesnt care about us.
As i said above they came up to us and promised us a accesibility [atch but nothing. Nothing even a word but they came up and say: we want more and more money from you.
Slowly but surely this game is dying

5 Likes

Where have I ever seen these prices? lol. On nearly everything that has only the cosmetic for sale. And personally the way I read it was that they would release one free one per year and then have more exciting options coming which essentially sounds like they’ll have cooler boards for sale which is the definition of a cosmetic. And for all we know they’ll make the new boards attached to the existing pre-orders and won’t even be some additional micro transaction.

If you look at any cosmetic in the shop that is one single item, and does not include packs or cards with it, the most expensive one is a single hero skin which I now realize is $6.99 not $5, but can be bought with game gold so don’t really even count. All of the battlegrounds cosmetics are between .50 and $5, including when they offer boards, special attack animations, bartenders, and hero skins.

No reason to believe that wouldn’t continue. Cards the only thing they have ever charged more for, and depending on the form of those cards from packs of commons to diamond or signature tier cards is what sets their prices. I agree that $50 for 2 signatures is insane but only insane people are buying those.

And since cosmetics have nothing whatsoever to do with gameplay it doesn’t even matter what the price is. No one is forced into buying them in order to play.

It must be awful having to fall back on the same lame joke to continue your righteous indignation lol…

I’ve been playing since beta, and have come to the decision that PiP will be my last expansion. I haven’t thought highly of the direction Hearthstone has been taking for quite some time, and I won’t be holding out any longer at this point. I’m appreciative of the good times I’ve had over the years playing, but the time has come to find that enjoyment elsewhere.

7 Likes

Hearthstone’s art is what sets it apart from its competitors, and it’s dismaying to lose a feature that adds so much charm to each new expansion.

7 Likes

This is such a disappointing update. Basically just saying “Hey everyone, don’t worry we’re making more paid cosmetics for you to whale on!”
Every expansion and adventure so far has brought a new board. They have created this expectation. New boards and music are one of my favourite part of the new expansion. One board per year is ridiculous and if they don’t backstep real quick on that i might be done. This is the last straw.

9 Likes

the exact same thing happened with HotS development after HGC got pulled.

I give it two years, max

10 Likes

So we may be getting a Pokemon style card game that combines pet battles from WoW in the form of Hearthstone?

I’d play it, but not, pay for it.

2 Likes

can you maybe make new standart expansion which would meant to help wild?
this means going back from packages of cards meant to be played together but more variety in cards that do not necessarily have to work well together but have huge impact in wild.

• wild nerfs/reworks of certain problematic cards.
    like changing demon seed to not redirect fatigue, and crystallizer to cost health.
  • change to darkglare making it a battlecry like desert nestmatron.

some effects should require mana spend for them to trigger - gatzetzan auctioneer, blindeye sharpshooter, flamewaker, open the waygate, zarimi.

new mechanics - update to adapt to include new keywords.
more cards like eliza goreblade - providing keywords/stats for rest of the game.
and to counter this new mechanic block - take 1 less dmg from all sources(can stack)

limit some effects to trigger only once - mutanus, loatheb, okani(twice), pirate admiral hooktusk.

some effects are too powerful - buff the card itself but the effect is for both players - luna pocket galaxy, deepminer brann, genn graymane,Baku the Mooneater, wildheart guff. remove almost all druid ramp cards and turn them into healing/card draw/armor gain - everything that remains works like biology project to some extent. conditional ramp stays only for you.
also duskfallaen avaina cast luna pocket galaxy, and jungle giants barnabus cast BlackRock and roll (along with lorthemar - his second trigger is stronger than his first)

kingsbane needs leaching poison back. but you need to empty enemy board to attack enemy hero.

remove cards that should not exists in their current version - sap(dormant) vanish along with scabbs battlecry, odyn(permanent +2 attack for your hero), shard of naruu(1 mana single target) acidmaw, dreadscale - needs to hit your board too, magnetic + stealth/windfury)

patches is in charge. after you spend 5 mana on pirates he is summoned, same for parachute briggands.
southsea captain battlecry your pirates have rush and are summoned with +1 attack this game.
totemic might/surge 1 mana your totems are summoned with +1 health/attack
bloodlust your minions have rush this game and are summoned with +1 attack.

solid alibi, evasion, bolf ramshield(4 mana 3/4), bulwark of azzinoth … block(1)

so, caverns of time 2?

also, hi Mallenroh

I always appreciate a desire to improve communication. That is something we all can do. Thank you.

they reverted the weeklies, and they are easier now than they were before. Now you just have to play 10 games in ranked, and play 5 games of arena, bg, or brawl. no wins required anymore and for way more xp than before.

1 Like

you got locations in the cards but no location for the expansion. the board is the location for the expansion, its home. without a new board its just some different game mode on the same old hearthstone

my favorite board is the new board each expansion…

please give us the beach board -_- no beach music this expansion sucks big time

2 boards a year died for this :c you didnt just take away 1 board for paradise, you took that board and the next expansions board and next year 2 boards ughhhhh

what’s next? 1 expansion a year?

so not only do i not get a board this expansion. but you took away next expansion’s board too… will expansions have less cards eventually???

6 Likes

OK what they are doing is getting you ready for the following:

You get a whole lot of nothing at higher prices.! :rofl:

5 Likes

This sadly reminds me of the end of Heroes of the Storm. I feel bad for the HS devs who are likely trying their best despite corporate’s best effort to ruin the game with unnecessary budget cuts.

10 Likes

A whole lot of words to say “We will make additional paid contents, our team is amazing (clearly XD, eventually you are talking of past teams XD), we are not listening to our players base because we are cocky (unless it is something cosmetic, even though we can make a mess with cosmetics too), we will not nerf anything until people will leave the game en masse”. Really, really enlightened and useful. XD

4 Likes

What kind of improvement you see here? XD

4 Likes

Let’s call a spade a spade shall we.

The whole “we decided to pull back on making the board was to begin work on the coolest possible dynamic stuff” is utter bs. What you guys are most likely going to end up doing is making boards that players will need to PAY for with actual $. You guys are notorious for spinning things and being deceptive about it and acting like it’s a benefit when the reality is it’s only a benefit to your shareholders to increase profits. You’re taking away free stuff to eventually make us pay $ for it.

You did the exact same thing with Diamond cards. And you’re going to do the exact same thing with the boards.

So please spare us the whole transparency talk, it’s patronizing because you made the same speech when you apologized for what you did with the Litch King signature cards.

If you truely want to improve transprecney than you can start by actually engaging with the community on your Offical forum, instead of posting Statements that hold no merit post changes.

10 Likes