Giving everyone 235 Golden Cards is a Mistake

He’s upset because he invested real money to buy a product but now others are getting that same product for free.

2 Likes

only thing players get from free golden cards is animations.if he invested real money…then yes it will be his loss bcz others will get to enjoy animations for free while he paid for it.
hmmm probably he dont care about animations but bcz of their this move his money got wasted and hence the post.
ok now i get it.

2 Likes

i apologize for writing offensive stuff above OP

1 Like

He’s upset because he invested real money to buy a product but now others are getting that same product for free.

No. I did not spend money to collect golden cards. In fact i am rather resistant to buying cosmetics. The problem is that no one gets what gold cards mean.

for me golden cards = dust

You are all focused on the dust value. I hope people who care, raise their voice, not those who don’t care.

Gold cards are desirable, rare and exciting. It’s about the actual play experience. The more golden cards in play, the less special they are. I will not craft or get excited about any golden card that is in the core set anymore. Or golden cards from other sets. They are no longer desirable.

But yea, our collected golden cards (that are part of the core set) are now unnecessary for standard. They have no value for the most popular mode anymore. I think that sucks.

I don’t see why the developers think that’s ok. They have the majority on their side, who benefit from this or don’t care. But that argument is won by power, not reason.

1 Like

OK, sorry for misunderstanding you. I’m f2p and yeah, I used to try and collect golden cards but I later realized how foolish that was so I stopped. Now I actively try to find the non-golden version of golden commons I find so I can safely disenchant them.
I still have a couple golden Ancients of War and assorted other golden cards that I wish were not golden (so I would have more dust to craft other cards I want.) I used to disenchant the regular copies of cards and keep the golden versions. Very foolish of me.

HS is a card collector game and what makes a collector’s collection impressive…RARE cards like golden cards. It improves your experience when playing (something that poor would never understand).

So now every collector is playing with golden cards, and now golden cards are not impressive anymore. Its like every bum on the street has the same rolex watch you do and now a rolex is not cool anymore.

You can’t say that playing an opponent with all golden cards doesn’t second guess your chances of winning. All thats gone now.

2 Likes

playing someone with golden cards never made me second guess my chances of winning. spending money doesn’t increase someone’s chance to win.

golden basic cards have always been available for free and were tied to achievements, just like the new core golden cards will be.

the golden cards are ugly. i wish they were like silver or something

2 Likes

“If you opened a golden card today you’d be happy. For several reasons.”

If I opened a golden card today I’d be happy for exactly one reason. I have more dust.

I returned recently after many months away and was surprised to see the collection changes…what’s even weirder is cards I crafted, are no longer allowed to be disenchanted…I get that I must have missed some update of something, but I don’t recall getting refunded for all of my classic legendary collection, half of which I can’t even disenchant anymore, after crafting them years ago. What gives? What exactly did I miss?

Those aren’t your cards. That’s the Core Set which is free. The cards you’re looking for are in the Legacy Set.

2 Likes

Oh ok ty…question, if I disenchant my non golden legacy Bloodmage Thalnos, do I still keep the golden core set one or whatever?

Gold cards only have an aesthetic value aside dusting, the argument is up there with the ability to craft card backs which would otherwise be obtainable through efforts.

Sadly your beating a dead horse like many were, blizzard cares not for your efforts only your pocket, isn’t that obvious at this stage?

1 Like

So, I’m no longer on my phone and have more time to explain. So, now there is a Core Set available for everyone (cards can rotate in or out at the start of each Year). This core set can’t be crafted or disenchanted since it’s free for everyone. There’s also now a Classic mode which allows you to play Hearthstone like it was before Naxxramas came out. To play this, you need to have the cards, though. So, if you disenchant your Legacy Thalnos, you will still have the Core set one to play in Standard and Wild, but you will no longer have Thalnos in Classic.

To read it all in more detail:

2 Likes

So you are an enemy of fun I get it ?

And if you disenchant Thalnos and he leaves the core set, you won’t have the card anymore.

1 Like

That’s actually a pretty complicated question. I’m not sure I have it all straight, but this is how I understand it. If you disenchant your Classic Thalnos, you of course lose your ability to use it in Classic, since Classic can’t use core cards, but the Thalnos you have in core means you can still use him in Standard and Wild. If Thalnos leaves core, you can’t use him in Standard any more regardless of whether you still have the Classic Thalnos, but whether you can use him in Classic remains dependent on whether you have the Classic card. Wild, it’ll depend on whether Thalnos gets moved to Legacy. Legacy cards that are in the Classic set are twinned; whether you have the Legacy card depends on whether you have the Classic card, so whether you can use Thalnos in Wild depends on whether you have the Classic Thalnos. But if it’s not moved to Legacy, you can’t use it in Wild, period. So if you dust your Classic Thalnos, and he leaves the core set and moves to Legacy, you lose an ability to use him in Wild that you could have kept.

Here is my guide to the Core Set, it explains nearly all that you need to know, including disenchanting your Classic cards that happen to be in this year’s Core Set.

If at next rotation, they move the uncraftable (formerly Core) version of Thalnos to Legacy, or they make a new set to put the rotated Core cards in.

Blizzard screwed so many long time loyal fans over when they moved the classic set out of Standard play. There is a good thread here from other unhappy players:

As someone who invested a lot of money into the game, and collected every pack, expansion, portrait set etc - I had a complete golden classic set. That investment was made worthless. I have no desire to play ‘Classic Mode’ - which was a lame attempt for Acti-Blizz to wriggle out of trying to provide any kind of compensation to us.

As many of you have said - I have now lost all interest in collecting and crafting gold cards. Since that decision was made I have boycotted Act-Blizz products and refuse to spend any more money on any of their content. Since February when I decided to quit paid play - I have saved nearly £300 in purchases. I still play - I love Hearthstone - but I will always be free-to-play from here on out.

The developers have proven over and over again that they care only about one thing: profit. They have no loyalty to their customers, and simply want to milk as much out of them as possible. They have become more and more greedy over time - and the new ‘Mercenary’ Mode was just the icing on the cake. Another mode I will not be spending a single £ on.

I think Acti-Blizz lost a lot of loyal customers when they made that decision - and then went on to lose what little respect they did have with the revelation of how the management team treat their employees. That has to speak volumes about the type of people that run this company now and where their morals and values stand.

Are these cards only cosmetic or have disenchant golden value as well?
If is only cosmetic and only for standard i don’t see why you guys are rampaging about it, is barely a reward for a veteran who are willing to spend so much time for all that wins.

1 Like

Not really, some people just dont care whether card is golden or not. Well, they do - it is more dust for them, that is it. Personally I dusted every golden card I received. Not anymore, as I am waiting for nerfs, but hey, doesnt matter.

The cards I received from that big change - I dont really even know, if I put golden or not in my deck, it doesnt affect me winning or losing.