Game Crashing on iPad Air

For the last several months the game has been crashing on me after about every other game, even solo games. After the most recent update it has been crashing at or just after the main load screen so I can’t play at all. I have an iPad Air with 33 GB available on it. I’ve tried deleting the game and reloading it. Frustrated.

1 Like

Hey there,

What error, if any, do you receive when the crash happens? Might be worth a shot reinstalling the game and disabling deck trackers/addons if any are being used.

Let us know how things go. Cheers!

Exact same issue for me. No error message. It just crashes before I can even start a game.
I reinstalled, cleared extra space(have plenty).
Nothing works so far.
Also, no add-ons here just the main app.

Since the update last week, Hearthstone is totally unfunctionnal on iPad Air 1: New Update Crashes on iOS , Ipad air, crashing/closing . Hearthstone can passes through the quest menu, but it crashes after clicking “play” button.

Its working rather well on PC (except frequent disconnect/reconnect for 1 game).

Can’t wait to use Hearthstone on iPad!

This forum is the only place where “no news” means “bad news”.

I had an idea and I thought to share it with the technical support representatives here. Since the patch last week that has totally broken Hearthstone, I noticed that the background of Hearthstone main menu has changed in accordance to the halloween event. Could it simply be that this background addon increase the RAM requirements a bit too much which would cause 1 Gb of RAM device to crash when opening Hearthstone?

How many BILLIONS (EDIT*) of dollar did Blizzard made with WoW? How come such a great company give such bad customer support in Hearthstone with extra long delay to implement small fixes???

1 Like

Completely agree. We posted this problem more than two weeks ago and there is still no resolution. The game is completely unplayable on iPad Air and the company does not care at all. Support replies with the standard “uninstall reinstall” which does nothing.

1 Like

“Do you guyz not have phones” or PC?

Maybe we should post a video on youtube of us:

1. Clicking Hearthstone app on iPad Air 1 with no other apps opened.
  2. Having Hearthstone tavern’s door login screen showing, then Hearthstone’s title appearing with glowing Hearthstone logo.
  3. Showing Hearthstone quest menu appearing and us clicking on the screen to pass through that quest menu.
  4. Finally showing us clicking on the top main menu button named “play” (among the 4 entries on the main menu namely: “play”, “solo adventures”, “tavern brawl” and “modes”).

Thus you could see that the app is totally broken and crash when we click on “play”…

1 Like

Same problem. iPad Air 1 & 2, both crash. “Trackers/Addons” are impossible to install on iOS, it’s ridiculous.

It’s IMPOSSIBLE to install any “trackers/addons” on iOS. And uninstall/reinstall doesn’t help, same applies to reboots etc. And also closing any other apps doesn’t help at all.

I can now click “play” button from Hearthstone main menu and finally see the decks, but soon after without clicking anything, the app crashes again…

Edit: The app crashes also after selecting a deck and clicking the “play” button.

Fun thing is that the opponent has so much time to play his turns that when the Hearthstone app opens again, your quest count has increased of 1 (out of 3) games played, ha ha ha…

Has Blizzard forgotten us?

1 Like

New update… I cross my fingers… (maybe Blizzard didn’t worked on the previous build to fix this issue as they were implementing the fixes for this new version)! … opening Hearthstone app and…!!! (heartbeats increase, drums rolling)!!!

…crashes at Hearthstone logo (don’t even reach main menu).

Back to posting to forums…