Etc tavern brawl is trash

let’s not mince words … the etc fight in the tavern brawl that will be out for 2 weeks is one of the most trash pre-constructed deck travesties of all time … it’s not even that etc has a good deck, it’s simply that the pre-constructed decks are bad … so bad … there’s no gimmick to winning, there’s no deck construction where you can try to choose better cards … it’s just try to find the least bad deck out of 11 and then hope you hit the jackpot in opening hands … so … trash … this is the opposite of fun

10 Likes

It gives bad decks maybe right, I managed to beat it with Paladin and tried nothing else… however it had a bad deck too… It was funny because had problems with 2-3 bosses… but beat E.T.C. for first try… Final reward was a Festival of Legends card pack… I hoped for a little bit better reward, like a new card back + achievment maybe. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bad decks by design. Artificially inflated gameplay.

2 Likes

Like why is there a costumed singer in a deck with no secrets? well done…

3 Likes

after going through and screenshotting all of the classes decks for myself, i believe the brawl is most easily beaten by a deck like hunter, death knight, or paladin since they seem to have enough “beef” to them … my first selection was priest which probably has the worst deck imo, whoever beats this with priest should immortalize it on yt

3 Likes

I played and beat it with warrior and the whole thing was miserable. Deck was a menagerie deck that only contained dragons, quilboars, and beasts, so your one man band or whatever it is called and that 3 mana rush were only hitting 3 tribes without discover from the tuning fork. Then there were only 2 riffs in the deck. No, not 2 copies of 2 different riffs, literally 1 copy of 2 different riffs(draw and summon). You were supposed to be playing blackrock n roll, but there was really nothing big worth getting. They had to stuff a fing custom card in there that generated value just to make the deck work.
Then you get to ETC who had draw like crazy and half his menagerie deck was amalgams so every synergy card he had was going off of all tribes, all while buffing everything in his hand and deck.

1 Like

i just beat it 1st shot with hunter, but it still makes me mad that the choose-able decks have such a wide range of viability for the final battle … i must have tried the etc fight over 10 times with priest before considering that another deck might have a better power level

1 Like

What an absolutely trash design of a new tavern brawl lol. Whoever teased it as a “dungeon run style brawl” needs to be fired. Literally just a structured (and badly at that) deck that you fight 8 different bosses each with unique hero powers.

Why would anyone enjoy this brawl? by the time you get to fight 2 you realize just how bad your deck is and how highrolly it needs to be just to even compete with some of the decks. If it weren’t for the fact the AI is about as bad as the developers design wise I’d actually just pass on the packs.

What a waste of time.

2 Likes

You can’t love everything about the game. And if you don’t like it, don’t play it.

1 Like

Pretty lame reward This you?

1 Like

I don’t knot, is it?

It was really a joke to see aggro paladin deck combined with big paladin in this brawl (with 3 cards total for big Paladin)… in standard this deck could reach about silver 5 rank maybe… very dissapointing to play with a bad deck like this… but still managed to beat it.

It’s reverse dungeon run !
The AI get to experience getting better cards and hero powers after each fights. While we get stuck with the same bad decks.

Honestly, the only reason it’s possible to win is becoz the AI has been programmed to do some pretty bad plays. You can keep reloading till the AI will give you your chance.

3 Likes

Hey, aren’t you the whiny manchild who complains about getting free rewards for in-game achievements?

1 Like

Playing it with Mage and doing fine so far (I am at 7/8).

The deck has that 2/1 that fetches a secret at end of turn. There are no secrets in the deck.

Edit: just finished the run. Won the ETC game by decking him. Mage is a good hero because you have lots of discover and access to burn / removal.

1 Like

yea, because the solves anything right? Just quit.

Never said anything about quitting. There are going to be certain aspects of the game that not everyone is going to enjoy. The Tavern brawl changes weekly. If you don’t like this weeks Tavern Brawl, don’t play it. Simple.

Being toxic and calling it Trash does absolutely nothing.

1 Like

First try was with Shaman. Got stuck at the second opponent (Kangor) because Overload package was too slow while they were dropping so many cheap taunts/divine shields.

2 Likes

Same! this brawl :nauseated_face: :laughing: so much work for such a terrible experience…

i wanted a dungeon run not a boss rush

1 Like