Changes Incoming for Evocation & Solarian Prime

This nerf is really joke

I remember the devs saying moving Ice Block to the Hall of Fame was to make room for upcoming defensive Mage cards that could not be combined with Ice Block…
I wonder where those cards are its not like its been 2 years still havent seen anything .

There is nothing in the horizon only crushed dreams.

2 Likes

Well, here’s hoping they had a reason for such a massive nerf.

We called this 100 times over and there were still those on here saying ‘no no no mage is just fine as it is …’

1 Like

Ah well, apparently peopel don’t like too much RNG, else Blizz wouldn’t need to nerf archetypes in this healthy meta.

2 Likes

Dh is op, Druid is op and they nerf 1 card from mage.

9 is a pretty heavy cost, but given that Puzzle Box is 10 mana without the body along with the self inflicting RNG maybe it’s fair overall. Even still, it’s still infinitely better than the trash Shaman Prime. Never lucky with my pack pulls.

Evocation nerf is good. Too much answer to everything BS for just 1 mana, given that you could play it with just 2 cards in your hand to maximize your choices. Also, since playing this along with a single choice spell with Apprentice on the board means you get the Apprentice play for free, plus any other future discounts. 2 mana is rightfully chosen.

1 Like

This is a huge deal.

Solarian Prime being 9 instead of 7 means that if/when the mage player gets extra copies of Solarian the extra cards the primes will have to sit in the hand longer and have fewer options to be played around them. The turn 10 play of solarian prime into potion of illusion into solarian prime is still there but that’s considerably less of a problem than being to do that multiple times in a turn.

The bigger deal is Evocation at 2 instead of 1 since it won’t be able to be found with Cobalt Spellkin and Wandmaker so the ways to add it to your hand are more limited and less reliable. It also can’t be reduced to 0 by one Sorcerer’s Apprentice.

All in all this makes mage a lot more vulnerable to aggro decks which could bump it down a fair bit in the current meta. The knockon effect of mage being less common means that paladin will be more common since its biggest weakness is mage. Those two should combine to result in less Soul DH since it’s weak against paladin and strong against mage. Warrior should be less common as well since by far its best matchup was mage. Face hunter I expect to stay basically where it is and maybe be a bit more popular since it counters mage better now and soul dh will probably have less of a presence

It always does, since 2014.

3 Likes

Anyway can’t stay and gloat for too long. Off now to have fun with my new druid class.

There might be a decrease in Face Hunters now because its best matchup Mage will drop in numbers quite a bit.

I have a feeling Paladin will see more play now.

2 Likes

I hope there is method to Team 5’s madness and the new cards are the reason for the hard nerf and it wasn’t just another knee jerk.

1 Like

is solarian prime nerf because of studies any turn before turn10 then prime+ potion on turn 10?

It’s by far the most difficult deck archetype to nerf because it’s a case of the whole being a lot more than the sum of its parts that doesn’t depend on any one or two particular cards to make the deck work like most other decks but rather a critical mass of cheap cards with decent damage to mana cost ratio. Even if you were to pick 2 cards from the deck and nerf the to be completely unplayable the deck would just replace them with the two next best cards and keep chugging along

The only exception I can think of is when it was based around Undertaker

4 Likes

Look guys, if there are any further nerfs needed for mage and there certainly will be, we will let you know about it on here first, ok?

1 Like

Yeah. hunter has rarely been bad.

1 Like

Are you planning on posting anything of substance or are you going to troll all day?

1 Like

I’m just laughing my head off right now.

I’m sure it’ll get its turn. Every class has been bad at some point or another.

I hope you get disciplinary action for your posts.
And the only thing this will change is what you complain about on forums.