Bring back classic please

Why doesn’t blizzard charge a fee of 5 a month to play classic. Then it would be worth while.

Still need it to come back.

4 Likes

Man, this game is so much better without classic!

The loss of classic forced the bots to play humans, resulting in a massive ban wave!!

They even banned afkers in mercs!

what, mercs still exists, and classic is gone? what a joke. i’m not buying a single pack of CoT because twist is gonna end the same way, as soon they decide it’s not enough profitable.

6 Likes

doubt it

for that to happen they would have to leave twist format without changes for years
thats what killed classic it was stale unchanged for too long

Absolutely 100% this. I’m not going to say they’re doing it explicitly for a cash grab, but it does feel a lot like it. At the same time, I understand the desire to bring cards out of rotation back to a relevant mode. Still, if they’d have let us use every card we’ve ever owned, even those we disenchanted for obvious reasons, it’d feel less grabby.

I miss Classic mode.

7 Likes

This assumes the player HAS a wild collection.
Classic was the format to play if you were either new or only casually playing; most of the important cards were in Core, and easy enough to dust your way into the rest.
And they replaced it with a format that is unplayable garbage to anyone that doesn’t have the cards for it, and the knowledge of what the Wild meta looked like when those cards were in Standard.

3 Likes

^THIS… is also how I learned that the minimum number of characters for a comment is 20.

I dont kno why the idea that you aren’t the target for the mode is such a tough idea to grasp.

Classic was dead. It was all bots and there was no money being spent to play the mode.

It was likely a year past when it should have been abandoned.

New players don’t have classic cards. I don’t know why you think this is the case, but classic was not where I would have ever sent anyone new.

That said, if you mean casually playing against bots, then you may have a point. If you don’t want to play actual humans, classic was your jam and mercs is still a thing for you.

I get that you see it that way, but the alternative is they gave long time players a place to use dead cards in new and exciting ways while adding new life to a wild format.

The point was to lure back to game long time players and rejuvenate interest in old sets. It’s a great idea and I am happy with the results.

I don’t even have full meta decks in Twist, but the games are completely more interesting than wrecking bots with zoolock like while they try to figure out how to attack face around a taunt.

If you are really that nostalgic for the dumpster fire that was classic, maybe you need a solo player game.

They needed to remove the bot infestation, maintaining servers isn’t free, no revenue was coming off the mode, and the result is software bloat beyond how big it already is.

It’s pretty obvious why it is dead and people that can’t see it are unrealistic and willfully blind to the realities of how the big person world actually operates.

You’re making a lot of assumptions here, with very little to support them…

What is your evidence that Classic (or any format for that matter) was overrun with bots? You and others (everywhere in the forums) keep saying this is the case, however, there is never any proof to back up the claim beyond parroting that the bots are an alleged problem. NOTE: I’m not saying there are no bots; I can think of some glaring examples from over the years. However, except in certain cases (OTK decks come to mind) the mechanics of the game make scripted plays incredibly difficult to design such that they produce successful results.

You’re not wrong that Blizard’s motivation for eliminating the format was likely financial in nature. That said, people would not be complaining here about wanting their money back if they hadn’t bought packs for it. So, the money they were making was not zero. Personally, I had all the cards already from having played back when they were the only cards, but I get why people coming to the format later would be displeased. And perhaps, the number of us playing, but not buying, is part of what killed it. (I can only speculate.) But given that some of the cards for Twist and Wild require either cracking Classic packs or dust to obtain, it’s not a stretch to believe that Blizard felt sales of the other packs for those formats needed a sales boost as well. On the other hand, “we didn’t sell enough packs” doesn’t hold up entirely either, or they wouldn’t have a reason to keep the non-ranked formats around.

You are incorrect with regard to whether or not new players had access to Classic cards. When Classic was added as a format, anyone with a current version of the cards immediately had access to the original version when playing Classic. This included most of the Core set, which everyone has a copy of. How well a player could perform with just those cards is a matter of debate. But from the experience of having taught my nephew to play, it’s certainly higher than attempting the same in Standard.

I can’t argue that I’m not having fun with Twist this month, as I happen to own the cards for it, and kept my deck/tier lists from that far back. But, that’s not going to be true every month. For those of us who primarily played Classic, this is not a viable alternative. Or as @Bridgeman pointed out, it’s puzzling why Blizard couldn’t keep both formats.

Software bloat? Meh… maybe. But, unless you’re trying to shoehorn the game onto hardware that doesn’t meet compatibility recommendations, I’m going to lean towards no on that. (Though funny you brought up Mercenaries. That’s some storage space I wouldn’t mind recovering.) As for the rest, though… that’s wildly speculative, if not completely unfounded.

5 Likes

Really? Get your head out of the sand, my dude. Did you think you were playing real opponents?

There are more. Do a search next time.

Classic was factually overrun with bots and it was a widely known fact.

There aren’t enough complaints to matter. Sadly, losing everything is a risk one takes in online collections. I have games from long past that won’t load on my pc anymore because it doesn’t recognize the format or the servers are no longer supported.

Sorry.

That collection was no different than any other mode. It also was only better in classic due to bots. If you came across any of the actual classic meta decks you got stomped on… because all the bots played the exact cards you’re talking about.

The bots were raising gold to sell arena tickets when they got good drafts so streamers could get better content on disposable accounts. It was just flat awful.

They’ve done a massive ban wave recently to continue to remove the bots.

Again, yes, you can beat the bots… but that’s why it was removed.

Hearthstone on mobiles is over 7G of storage… software bloat is real, dude.

Your ignornance of facts doesn’t invalidate the truth, my dude.

I feel bad I do.
But they have made a remixed versions of Reno Alexstrasa Ali kier the Wind lord Archmage antonidas
If that not a sign that classic hearthstone you love isn’t a priority. I don’t know what is.

Just cherish the friendship because digital friends are real friends
{ I was to lazy to look up the spelling.}

1 Like

As a mostly free to play player I will have mixed feelings when the servers crash/disconnect at the overall “wasted” time. I’ve spent $80/and have played since League of Explorers. {around 10 years} I’ve met some awesome people through hearthstone had fun playing cards.
Heck one of my hearthstone buddies even consoled me through a rough and serious romantic breakup. { 3 years and even had to get rid of an engagement ring.} Hearthstone was my outlet when I lost some close friends over the past few years.

Will some people be angry about the money they spent of course and that’s humanity.

Hearthstone is alright and could be great that’s why I’m hard on it.

4 Likes

Sorry for the bots US players
Blizzard please, can EU players have this mode back?

3 Likes

Bumping again. Still waiting on classic mode to be returned. Most fun I’ve had in this game since 2016.

Twist can not replace it - you buffed some cards excessively when you could’ve just left the original versions.

One of the best things about early hearthstone years is that each set was more or less the same in power level. Some were even weaker than previous sets, like The Grand Tournament. Seeing as you’ve completely abandoned that philosophy, you should bring a mode in for the players that want older, better hearthstone gameplay. Classic players are not playing other modes now, they just quit.

5 Likes

Says no one who actually played in the early years. Huntertaker was not cool, and that meta lasted 6-8 months!

I do agree that Classic should come back, but for the single purpose of getting the (player) bots back in that format. Where they belong.

They need to refund classic. It’s a scam. Either dust or money back is fine.

5 Likes

Nah no one bought cards specifically for classic. They already owned the cards.

No need for compensation for a dead format being killed off completely.

I did.

And whether others play it or not is not your decision :thinking:.

5 Likes