Bring back classic please

And your cards can still be used, if true, which I doubt. Even if true i doubt you have spent much on card specifically for use in classic, let alone an amount worthy of compensation, given your history - “joined Feb 28, 2019” - is not a good starting point for you mate. Thats when these forums were created, so I very much doubt your claim that you crafted cards just for Classic.

You should research more thoroughly before making claims.

I started since the beginning of Hearthstone. If the old forum still exists, you can find me there. Now does that make sense to you, pal? And if I didn’t spend real money on it, Blizzard does not have to refund. So who will possibly benefit from my request?

Blizzard acting shady does not mean it’s right or fair.

4 Likes

We’re talking about the average set power level. Yes, undertaker should’ve been nerfed earlier, but you gave one card example. Naxx was an awesome expansion.

3 Likes

Maybe not buy them the first time, but many classic players were building up a golden collection (like me) because they decided that standard and wild were never going to be playable. I don’t want a refund because I don’t want to play crap modes. I want classic back or a rotating first 2 years of hearthstone (not twist).

5 Likes

Well i bought classic packs, and made Alot of classic cards golden. Specialy for classic

5 Likes

Lots of people disenchanted their old cards in the past ((standard players)) and when classic came out they had to reacquire the old cards either via money or dust.
Idk how you fail to see that lmao.

2 Likes

Yeah… What “facts” exactly is he ignorant about?

The challenge was raised to present actual evidence of bots being an issue, and instead of that, you copy-pasted a series of other people making the same anecdotal claims. Idiots repeating the same thing over and over again is not evidence of anything other than they’re idiots. Using their baseless claims to support your case, is doubly so.

As for the viability of Classic cards in Standard, versus in Classic (the format they were designed for)… No. The reason those cards are better in Classic is because they are the original, not nerfed, versions and players do not have access to cards from the expansions which eventually rendered the entire set obsolete. This brings us to your next piece of “evidence” of rampant bots. Bots using the same cards we humans were limited to using. Pro Tip: Think before you type.

Cut to the use of the Standard version of those cards (aka Core set, minus the cards that were added to Core). Here again, no bot is required to explain the presence of players running those cards. Want to guess which subset of players is going to naturally gravitate towards using the Core recipes or toss together some similar jank deck using those cards? I’ll give you a hint: @Covalerahien mentioned his nephew. Those are not bots, they’re just new players, outclassed in both skill and what is available in their collection to work with.

Okay… How?
I’m pretty sure I saw you say yourself above, that bots lose most (if not all) of their games. How is that profitable?

You don’t earn gold by losing, you earn it by winning. If we’re talking OTK bots in Standard/Wild, when there is a deck that supports it, I could see it. But, that was never a thing in Classic.

The latter part of that sentence, which I assume details a possible end-game purpose of running bots, is confusing. (Though I admit, I’ve never paid much attention to streamers… I have a life.) They are somehow monetizing arena tickets after they burned them on the drafts? How? (Not the streaming leg of it, that’s just click revenue.) How are they getting the gold and/or set progression to acquire them when they can’t win games? And what good is a collection of draft chaff to anyone, streamer or otherwise? It’s not like we can trade cards.

1 Like

They were advised not to dust rotated cards by the forum community when they asked if they should be dusting rotated cards.

They CHOSE to be standard ONLY players by dusting rotated cards.

Sellers remorse. You chose to sacrifice your eternal set for a quick buck, and now you regret it. I would love to have had the dust you got by aggressively dusting cards, but I was smart enough to keep my collection in tact so that I could play all modes, both present and future.

Too bad, so sad.

2 Likes

If you didn’t understand that you were facing almost entirely bots in classic, I can’t help you. The fact that classic was full of bots is not in dispute.

I don’t think you have an actual point here. The classic bots played mostly or all core cards and played them poorly. Their point was to waste time and farm gold. The problem was there were so many of them that they played each other and ended up climbing in ranks because someone wins every game of hearthstone.

The end result was an entire ladder of bots.

I played it myself. I can tell you that it was all bots outside of a few very low and a few very high ranks.

If you don’t understand what the bots look like, that’s your problem. Guess what? There are a bunch of them in standard now, too! The difference is simply that they are getting reported and banned in standard because there are enough actual players to spot them.

Because XP on the reward track is function of time played, not wins and losses. They can lose all day and still farm gold.

Do you even play this game? You earn gold by completing the reward track, and winning is completely optional in the current system, which is part of why bots are so much an issue in the game.

They can trade entire throw away accounts that were only created to farm gold and make high-roll arena drafts.

I mean, do you have google? You should maybe do some research before you attack people.

Look, here’s Zeddy from August.

This is a HUGE PROBLEM that is DESTROYING HEARTHSTONE! Blizzard needs to do SOMETHING! - YouTube

And Zeddy describes all the things I’ve written about here. You should really take the time to watch it.

What a horrible take, guess you love sucking blizzard off tho.

1 Like

Like the current game.

BA DUM TISH!

Oh wait, it’s not even a joke any more…especially when the actiblizz notes are making it into patch notes.

Like players who face bots all the way to legend currently. And the bots that nearly MADE legend as well.

Using that logic, the entire game’s days are numbered.

That’s the company’s propaganda line you’re reposting.

The posts and replies here indicate otherwise.

The plural of anecdote to some is apparently data.

nearly the current state of botstone.

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t read that as he was complaining about anything. Just pointing out that Blizzard might have been getting some sales from people who did that. I think you guys were arguing the same point, just from different angles.

1 Like

*bump

-20 characterz

Classic still missing.

5 Likes

Good, it needs to be.

Agreed, I’d enjoy it a lot

3 Likes