Blizzard should compensate owners of Classic set cards

Because they have only broke the “rules” in this special occasion. Because in this case a masive refund would clearly be something exagerated. Because from the duplicate protection when opening packs, to this new core set, we can see that their intentions are overall good and they want to make the game more afortable.

Sorry, but those who look at this with suspicion are nitpicking.

3 Likes

This is what some people said when the community was outraged with the launch of the Rewards Track. Time proven the community correct though and Blizzard recognized their mistakes and compensated the playerbase for that. Didn’t they have good intentions when they launched a bad version of the Rewards Track or have they proven that all their implementations are perfect?

2 Likes

If people get to a point of a massive outrage like the one that caused the reward track. Then yeah, it would be the company fault. But we also have some kind of responsibility, it is not good for OUR game to start a massive boycott everytime that soemthing is questionable.

I actually think that half of the rage and boycotting that was related to the reward track, was inconstructive and unnecessary. Yeah they screwed it up and needed to fix it, but the outrage was exagerated.

And in this case the “good things” are better than the “bad things”.

We are obviously not on the same page here. You have made 12 post in this Topic stating your way of thinking. We all understand by now that you are not interested in any kind of compensation for your Classic collection. I only hope you will not start spamming this Topic just because you disagree with our way of thinking. The way you view things is completely clear.

2 Likes

Sorry if I gave that impression. I made my opinion about the topic and people have been replying to me, also there was that one guy who said that there might be actual legal actions to take, which i truly think is a fallacy that needed to be corrected.

And you are also spamming this by answering to me (because you disagree with me I guess…). Actually I wasnt talking to you until you responded.

Nah, we good. It’s better understanding both sides. Like, I think everyone can agree this update is a good idea, but its a big idea. Everyone is going to be on the same playing field (…except for those that buy the expansion…)

1 Like

A collection of satirical me mes I created for the occasion.

“Moron gets Destroyed in Court by Major Corporation, Judge Laughs”

TFW people realize they have been investing in pixels and not, in fact, collectable cards

“Local Resident, ‘Some Guy’, uninstalls Hearthstone over their business practices. The video-game world is shaken to its very foundation”

Thank you Warpunk and King of Heaven for your constructive arguments. Do you think more people read Reddit or the forums on here just out of interest?

I think it is important that we explain to the community exactly what they are and are not getting. Marketing companies should be honest and transparent in their dealings with customers - which Blizzard clearly aren’t. That is bad practice - we are simply highlighting that.

If I follow the logic that is being presented by those who feel Blizzard’s practices are all ‘fine’ and ‘generous’… They are saying it is completely fine to sell a product under false pretences (e.g. advertise a card collection as being Evergreen and always accessible in Standard) then changing that so that it isn’t. If Blizzard are totally within their rights to do that as some of you feel… Then by that same logic… if Blizzard ‘own’ our cards that we have purchased… then that goes for portraits and card backs etc…

In that case - I have opted to not purchase the new portrait packs (I have previously collected every single pack… and bought the biggest card bundles because you got a new Hero Portrait). So Frann and Yolo69Swag - you are really saying that if customers buy these - Blizzard can at any time just take them away again and stop players using those? That is what you are saying right???

Thank you both for making that crystal clear. I will no longer buy new portraits or card backs and if I buy bundles I will down-size. You guys are awesome - you just lost Blizzard a purchase and some profits!!! Thank you so much!!

One person alone withdrawing financial support won’t even be noticed. 100 people won’t be noticed. 1000? Well maybe… I feel an obligation to make this important information that you have shared crystal clear to people within the community so they too can make educated buying decisions.

2 Likes

There is also the Golden Classic packs bundle that was offered this summer which I have bought. I wouldn’t bother to do so if the set was not Standard permanent.

We are not asking for compensation based on how we acquired our currency of use but for our choice to invest that currency based on false advertise of a product. Also do not forget that there are people in this world that make a living off their hobbies, aren’t they entitled to any form of compensation ever because they are having fun while making money?

3 Likes

this thread is starting to feel like those we get when a nerf is announced with some people demanding the dust refund for every single card in the decks they slapped the card into

4 Likes

It’s not fair most people don’t have tons of money to spare.

If u dont play wild, dust your classic set and u got your compensation.
If u do play wild, u dont need any compensation.

:smiley:

6 Likes

You can play with your golden Classic collection Day 1 in the Classic format. This is just the beginning.

1 Like

People complaining that Basic/Classic set is useless and needs a rework.

Blizzard finally does that.

People complaining because they demand some sort of refund for you know … playing the freaking game and getting free cards.

Yep, looks like another day in the HS forums.

6 Likes

I just understand money as official legal deals … and gold inside in the game is a feature, a important feature inside the game, but it isn’t currency.

So, someone who spend the same amount as you did, but invested in expansions rather than the Classic set should be punished? They don’t get anything in return either.

And no, people who made a living of their hobbies shouldn’t get a compensation because that’s their choice and in the end, it’s not affecting their livelyhood. I have got to say, that is the dumbest argument I have ever heard.

2 Likes

Are they grating cheese??

(Sorry, had to, I agree with you)

This is not compensation. I used 3200 dust to craft a Golden Legendary - I get 1600 back. I used 1600 for a Golden Epic and get 400 back! I used 800 dust to craft a Golden Rare and get 100 back… and I used 400 dust to craft a Golden Common and get 50 back.

Do the maths. In no way shape or form is me dusting my Golden Classic set (because Blizzard have changed the rules and removed it from Standard) compensation. It is an appalling waste of money for a set I can no longer use in the format for which they were marketed.

4 Likes

let me guess, you crafted a golden edwin in an attempt to game the dust system back when people thought it would rotate to HoF?

2 Likes

This is the very nature of the expansions since the Standard/Wild differentiation. People who buy them know that eventually these cards will rotate to Wild and they will not get compensated for them. Classic set was not treated nor advertised like that. When Classic cards moved out of Standard (HoF) everyone who owned these cards ,no matter how they acquired them (money,gold,dust), was compensated. Have you been playing this game at all the last 3-4 years or are you here simply to troll?

There is a fine word for those who discriminate people, look it up.

3 Likes