Blizzard should compensate owners of Classic set cards

The overall effect of having these free core set is Great for the game as it gives cards to players, both new and old. Also, the concept of a revolving core set (hello again my Wild cards) are a breath of fresh air. BUT…

We have to accept that the people who spent money, gold, their time and effort to collect Classic cards (even if they are not meta cards) are the ones negatively affected by this. It is indeed FALSE advertising, because they said that Classic will always remain in Standard. Some, some people genuinely believed this and invested in Classic packs. I believe there must be some sort of compensation to people who have Classic cards. Maybe some dust (if it’s too greedy to give the full dust value) but at least something.

They want to make new people happy or maybe some free to play players who don’t have many cards, but they also need to reward the old players who invested in the game.

7 Likes

So glad i quit playing this terrible game years ago. The writing was on the wall at that time and this is was the inevitable conclusion.

3 Likes

So why are you still posting on the forum of a terrible game, you quit years ago? Just wondering.

It isn’t compensation when everyone gets the same thing regardless of your existing classic set.

Players spend time and effort, and some even cash to make their classic set nice. For me, I make them golden because they look nice when they appear randomly in arena. Once awhile I get to play that golden ysera or alex when they appear as choices.

3200 dust per golden legendary is not cheap, but I spent the dust to make my collection nice because they themselves said so that it will remain forever in standard.

5 Likes

I’m going to Blizzard in Los Angeles for a Blizzard meeting and will be talking about a full refund. We need to resolve issues. All issues with Blizzard will be resolved. They’ll make an exception for me. They just need to get a rollback.

The loaned Core set is no form of compensation, this is already mentioned and answered earlier in the Topic.

Is it going to be free every year the same way Classic set would be Standard permanent? It is a joke to use such an argument here.

Releasing the new classic set is a kind of way of encouraging players to purchase, after all. Let’s see if this will work on Hearthstone players or not.

I don’t mind it because as a Standard player, I get access to ALL the core cards. Right now, I can only use what I opened so far.

To purchase more Classic cards to use in the new mode?

1 Like

Maybe you are right, but I can see that there are a lot of TCG games are using the same approach to promote their their core set cards by reprinting, releasing a gold-plated version, given their players with a laser star version (adjusting the core set card pool) and etc.

It is also a common approach of other TCG games to republish their annual core set. I think it is a way of encourage players to purchase more cards but it is still acceptable so far (maybe I would change my mind later).

Let’s see what will happen in the next release.

1 Like

This would be the ideal solution for me.

So classic set rotates into wild (not gone but still not what marketed bout always being in standard)

Then we ALL get for FREE a COMPLETE NEW CORE SET.(500 wins with a class for their golden cards version , 500 with all of them for neutral golden cards version)

Classic still very useful to have for duels , wild and the wild tavern brawls !!

If they had any compensation , everyone would just jump on crafting/buying classic packs to maximize the compensation return like the bunch of greedy players we are :wink:

You are right up to some point - it is complicated… they can’t just give away so much dust not to break the economy and kill the tenfold profit on HS. But you are wrong that we all get free complete new core set… :rofl: e.g. I did not get anything, I already have 100% of it, apart from a couple of new unreleased cards out there… that is the reason for these threads, to speak up about them rewarding new players only and forgetting that collectors even exist, let alone reward sucker collectors with something/anything for our loyalty. It is what it is, they decided to ignore us, and we move on :rofl:

2 Likes

Actually you do get it , the only issue is them backtracking on the forever in standard for classic and nothing else . You have 0% of it because classic is being rotated (after all those years , im guessing threads like these are why it took so long)

Umm seems you don’t understand my point… I do get it, I love the change, but I do not get it for free, I bought it already. Nevermind… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

No i do get it , but you aren’t losing anything either , if anything is it jealousy that new players/others are getting it when you paid for it ?

You have 100% , you will still have 100%
I have 85% , i will have 100%
A new player has 0% , will eventually get 100% by leveling classes.

So how do they compensate , gold , $$ , dust ? We all acquired our cards differently …Edit: keep in mind no cards are gone , you still get you keep that 100% while i keep that 85% and new player starts with 0%)

A simple misunderstanding… I do get too, but not for free, already paid for all of it. No jealousy, just feeling dumb for paying for something everyone gets for free now. No big deal though. as I said, it is what it is.

And I never said I’m losing anything :rofl:

I do have an idea though how they could appreciate collectors better in the future, but that is another topic… Or, I might write something about that… this is just one example of what they could do - they could encourage collecting, and therefore spending money too, by giving periodically an amount of dust per collection acquired, using some maths that would not break the economy. E.g. each start of expansion everyone gets per 10/20/50 or something collected unique legendaries e.g. 5 dust… (I did not crunch numbers, something that would make sense… activi$ion is great at crunching numbers)… or 10 dust or whatever maths say. Next, same for e.g. 40/80/… or some number of epics. And for rares and commons on even lower and lower rate. And same stuff for golden, on a higher rate. The maths could hit the sweet spot of avarage gains of a couple thousand dust per expansion (or per year? whatever maths say), enough for a couple of legendaries crafted, but still rewarding collectors with a bit more for not disenchanting wild and crap. In general, people would disenchant less and more full collections would be made, and spending would probably increase because you know when you have more you want even more. E.g. something like that would be a nice appreciation of people spending money in your shop, generally speaking. I’m pretty sure they could come up with some even better scheme if they would want to, that in the end encourages spending money and making a collection. But they obviously don’t :rofl:… milk 'em dry, milk 'em stupid :rofl:… CCG without the first C :rofl:

3 Likes

Well said. I Agree whole-heartedly.

2 Likes

Because i came back to see if anything changed and discovered nothing has changed. I was hoping it might have but alas No. Does that answer your question?

1 Like

I’m just surprised that there was no noticable information about Ysera’s full refund value. Are there any other cards in the collection that have a full refund value right now?

Clearly they are stooping to not announcing nerfs too now - so players miss out on full dust refunds.