Auto squelch option

“we dont want to have permanent squelch because there is already limited interaction”

And when that limited interaction is almost entirely employed in the sole purpose of being a titanic rectal colon, that really just proves your point.

4 Likes

How, exactly, do I activate autosquelch in League of Legends?

I have no idea about this game, but if you’re telling me that you can’t pre-emptively squelch all chat in this online game, this will be the second I’ve ever heard of in two decades and change.

1 Like

in any case, 30 seconds of googling found this hit:

https colon slash slash www dot chiboost dot net slash how-to-disable-chat-in-lol slash

Yes, for purposes of this topic, “editing a json file” is still a way to do what Hearthstone won’t let me do.

1 Like

This is a bull**it response on their part. The fact that you can squelch on a per game basis is no different than just having an auto squelch option. If they truly wanted more interaction with emotes, there would be no squelch.

2 Likes

There is only one way that Blizzard will listen, money.

I’ve spent a fair bit on this game, but I’ve removed all of my payment methods and won’t spend a dollar more until the feature is added.

1 Like

Yes. It is deliberate. The problem is that their reasons for that deliberate decision are completely misguided. Emotes being the only limited form of comminucation is irrelevant because those who would use the automated squelch feature are squelching anyway.

3 Likes

Frankly, I think some of the developers are just as lame as those types who get off on emoting other players. It’s the only power they have in life.

1 Like

In fact, the last developer comment on this topic that I read conceded that emotes are toxic behavior, just not as toxic as other in-game behavior. Rather an odd defense of emotes.

heh
When you meet people on the street who are going to kill you, you call them Hello too? :joy:

When you sit down with someone to play a board game or a card game, do you assume they’re out to kill you?

Ah i can see this is still a thing
Welcome to the year 2019 where people get offended by pre recorded voice lines. God belss America.

You know it? emotes says a hero, not a player :rofl:

Welcome to the year 2019 where people get offended by pre recorded voice lines. God belss America.

Welcome to the year 2019, the same year as every other year, where insulting people for no good reason is still a dick move. Why would insulting someone be less different if you typed the words yourself or pushed a copy-paste button that put them on the screen for you?

If you want to be a sociopathic piece of filth, and you clearly want to be one, be my guest. Just stop pretending that being an ignorant, bad-mannered skidmark on the underpants of humanity changes if you copy-paste your needless insults rather than typing them out. Because you aren’t fooling anyone else, and I don’t even think you’re fooling yourself.

First nice job counteracting your first point with your second one. Nice job there. But i dont expect much from people who get offended overwords over the internet. Sad really.

Im sorry that people get offended by something only takes a second to do. Hell it can be done on turn one. You want to be that lazy then dont come crying here expecting people to show respect for you.

Now lets face it turn one most you can play is 3 cards and during mulligan you already should know what tirns 1-2 are. More then enough time to right click and shut them up.

This honestly should not even be a topic because you people act stupid over pre recorded messages. Now if this game had an actual chat i would say yes.

Also anyone sends me a friends request ill accept it. Only so i can laugh at them more. Only two times have i had someone friend request and we had a pleasant conversation.

Of course there’s enough time to right click and squelch. But you are missing the point. Many of us do just that. We squelch at the start of every match. All we are asking is that they add a simple little toggle in the options menu so we don’t have to do those clicks every match. Over time, it becomes a tedious chore. Or make it so when we squelch an opponent, the squelch stays active for every match until we choose to unsquelch. It wouldn’t adversely affect your gameplay at all, so why would you be opposed to it?

2 Likes

It would not affect me in anyway. You are right about this. Nor do i care if its in the game or not. Im talking about how people are getting triggered over pre recorded response.

Understood. I think many people feel this way. You wouldn’t object to it’s implementation, even though you wouldn’t make use of it yourself.

As for why people get triggered, there have been many discussions about this in a myriad of threads. But for me, it’s hard to explain, but I do get very upset when my opponent emotes at me. If I go little too wide on board and ym opponent emotes “Thank You” and plays Hellfire, it really bothers me. It makes me not even ant to continue the game. Even if I end up winning, my whole experience is soured and I’ll often put the phone down and not play for a while. That’s not good for anyone. So to avoid that encounter, I squelch at the start of the match. But the reasons people are so affected by the emotes isn’t really all that important (other than curiosity and for a better understanding on the human condition). The fact that many players are squelching every match is what matters. It would be nice for those of us who manually “opt out” to be able to simplify that process.

2 Likes

How on earth does my first point (that insulting someone for no good reason doesn’t become any less insulting if you copy-paste the words than type each letter individually) in any way contradict my second point (that you’re clearly bent on being a sociopathic piece of filth)? I’m not the one claiming that my words (clearly intended on being an insult, because you really are exactly how I describe you) have a different level of insult depending on whether or not I typed each letter or copy-pasted the whole thing?

And I’m not asking for respect from anyone, least of all from a festering boil on the hind end of humanity. I want the exact same feature that exists in every other online game to be implemented in this game, because I’m sick of you and your bloody ilk.

Is that clear enough?

1 Like

It has nothing whatsoever to do with being prerecorded. I know you know that this is the point, because I keep bringing it up and you keep ignoring it, because that’s the way you are. But I’ll bring it up again. That it is pre-recorded instead of typed out individually is absolutely no difference whatsoever. Absolutely none. If you’re being a bad-mannered piece of sub-human filth, you don’t become less of a pox on the game because the comments are pre-recorded. See which, how every other game which has auto-squelch settings includes online games where you can only communicate in canned expressions.