Auto squelch option

And yet it still only takes a second to move your mouse .5 of a inch to the top of the screen right click them and quiet them. So hard to do. Oh god the horror of wastimg a second on turn 1. All that time you could of thought of dealing with something but no. That one second lost trying to think about putting down that 1 cost mana card or using coin and putting out two one cost or a two drop. Or the dreaded skip your turn on turn one. The horror.

Or you can just do it their turn one. Just saying. Still find you trigger people funny. Honestly laughed a few times reading your post so thank you for making my morning better.

Thatā€™s right. It is a simple sequence of actions to squelch the opponent. I do it every single match. Sometimes multiple times per match. But after a while, itā€™s a tedious chore. It would be nice if Blizz just added a toggle to be able to turn it on and leave it on. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m asking for. You can keep emoting. Others can choose to expose themselve to them or not. But Iā€™d ike the option to activate squelch and have it remain active until I choose to turn it off.

3 Likes

Why are you doing it multiple times a match? Should only need to do it once.

Sometimes it falls off and has to be reapplied.

1 Like

Hope they get that fixed soon. I did read your question that for the questions that the devs answered. Does it happen on pc as well? I only quiet someine if they are over using emotes like ā€œwowā€ every time i drop something

On Mobile devices. We thought it had been fixed, but it happened to me the other day, so apparently not. It seems to have something to do with losing connectivity and then re-establishing it. The squelch gets dropped (as though we were connecting to a fresh match rather than a match in progress). If squelch were a toggle, it might eliminate that problem (as well as be a nice QoL feature for those of us who squelch routinely).

Well i do know that the quiet is per game not per account. I only know this for i had a spammer back to back and the second game he could emote again. Thought nothing of it.

Now one thing i will agree to here is that it should be per account and not once per game. I should not have to shut up the same person more than once.

1 Like

Correct.

While I agree with you here, Iā€™m looking at it differently. Iā€™m loooking at effectively ā€œdeafeningā€ myself, so all my opponents are always squelched. If I choose to ā€œundeafenā€, Iā€™ll do it. I donā€™t like the game deciding for me that after the match ends I should want to see emotes again.

The storm of 13 year olds or just pathetic adults that storm into these threads to flame OP is insane. Itā€™s a big reason why the game needs auto-squelch. Not everyone enjoys the emotes, and just having the option is something that gets requested multiple times a month. Why canā€™t they just implement this feature already? It wouldnā€™t take hardly any work.

1 Like

Imagine if Heartstone always started every game in the wrong resolution. It wouldnā€™t save your preferred resolution. And you had to wait until your opponent finished their mulligan decision before you could change the resolution. After each game and every game, you have to change the resolution back

Does there exist a simple workaround to this bug? Yes.

Is there any excuse for such a simple feature not to be implemented, a feature that is in literally every other multiplayer game in the history of ever? No.

Is there a NEED for such a feature? When even Brode goes on record admitting that 95% of emotes are unwanted BM, Iā€™m inclined to think so; the people in this thread gnashing their teeth at the prospect that people might finally be able to ignore their childish prattling is just icing on the cake.

3 Likes

If you use deck tracker there is a addon that turns it off automaticly

1 Like

Yeah, try doing it for almost 40,000 games.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve tried it and it doesnā€™t work properly.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this is not an option for players who play on mobile devices.

2 Likes

Actually, weā€™re not. I squelch every match. I take the 2 seconds to click the opponent portrait and then click squelch. I do it every single match. Sometimes I even have to do it more than once in a match. Itā€™s not a matter of being lazy; itā€™s quite the opposite, in fact. Iā€™m merely asking for a simple QoL improvement to the squelch system that aloows it to stay active until the player decides to deactivate it rather than the game deciding.

Again, I do take that proactive step. Every match. Itā€™s tedious and a nuisance. But I do it. If they added a simple toggle, it would make the gaming experience much better for me and many other players without having any impact on your gaming experience.

Imagine the volume control reset every single match. And every match you had to go into the option menu and set it again to your preference. Itā€™s only 2 seconds. But it would become pretty annoying after a few matches. Or a few hundred matches. Or a few thousand.

1 Like

The people defending the 2s/game it takes to squelch are probably the same players that complained about routinely facing control warrior when it was dominate. Squelching every game gets old and makes it easy to find another game to play.

1 Like