Anyone tired of third turn 6/5's

the weapon costs 3 mana so how are DH playing this triggering it
and refilling their mana to play the demon every game ?

I mean dude you’re playing rogue. Try a deck that puts like 4x 8/8 plus some other small things on the board turn 5. What a dh is gonna do about it. Play meg and then die

Ummmm i be playing rogue mage warrior druid shaman death knoght

Heres the deal, i do play giant rogue and it is only cause it is all rogue has atm but i hate that i have to play that deck to have any chance at winning in this meta. Also, it is an extremely highroll deck, you dont draw gaslight by turn 4 and you are basically dead

Its not a highroll deck. You either need more skilll to pilot ot or run more efficient version. J Alexander’s one is really cool. I just replaced fan of knives with zilliax, but not the lifesteal rush one but the buffing version. Feels really good to plwy because of how easy is to make a wide board with this deck.

Hunter players have known this for a decade.

Welp all I can do is repeat what I said before they even mentioned the nerfs.

If the devs don’t hit DH weapon, demon or both with a nerf they are sleeping at the wheel. Guess what folks? …

The devs are sleeping at the wheel.

Gonna post an opinion contrary to some others: Window Shoppers in particular are cute and okay, but nothing more, and the DH class in general could even use some buffs: for example, that Ci’Cigi is more of an insult to the class (yeah, get some cards from back when your class was somewhat good… which isn’t even that great now, especially the Metamorphosis) than a ‘proper’ legendary (maybe at least change the effect to a battlecry?), Magtheridon looks decent only when discovered with the discount, and so on.

I’ve played with that deck and against it (written a bit about my initial impressions), and while I’m not the most seasoned Standard player at the moment, I believe I’ve seen enough to form an opinion at least at some level. What some of you seem to be overlooking is that this deck isn’t just about somewhat discounted — more about it below — minions, which could be removed, with the exception of random Magtheridons — it’s about hitting the opponent’s face with your hero as a source of continuous damage, while also maintaining the tempo. I mean, come on, what’s new or unusual with that? Ask those face hunters from 2014… It’s also quite clear in general how to counter strategies such as this — it’s not like this is some unbetable Exodia or whatever.

Yep, it’s one of the more aggressive decks, but what of it? And who are the main victims of this kind of archetype? Some ‘cheesy’, but slow or vulnerable decks? Think of some examples: ‘Oh, I’m gonna be sitting there, feeling my, ahem, camisole (unnerf Jaina, btw!), doing mostly nothing, and then, after umpteen turns, you suddenly die, because I’m a Sif/Pow-Pow Mage or something like it, just don’t you dare touch me before that, because I’m playing my own rainbow solitaire’; ‘Barrels of laughs sludge, lol, and then you just die, wheels or whatnot’; ‘Me take extra candle turn’ — or, apparently, not even that, according to some reports? If there’s no reasonable aggro/tempo/etc in the ‘meta’, then that’s what you’re gonna be playing against — GLHF with that, just remebmer the cautionary tale of the Patron Warrior, for example: while that deck was… controversial, unlike the subject (Window Shoppers don’t OTK you from 50 health or something like that, you know), its disappearance made the meta arguably even worse. Besides, I’ve got no issue with Aggro vs Control vs Midrange and so on, it’s uninteractive OTK-ish stuff and such that is problematic, as well as some ‘disruptive’ effects (gotta make another topic about it, perhaps; UPD: The game needs more 'disruption', OTKs and solitaires).

As for the stats and cost in particular — yeah… is it surprising for modern Hearthstone, where even a 4-mana 7-7 minion is ‘meh’? A 3-mana 5-6 — that’s like a (buffed) Worgen Greaser (the poor guy didn’t even make it to the Core, where no-one would probably play him competitively anyway — and his rivals for inclusion in the set were the Chillwind Yeti and the Boulderfist Ogre, who were once considered to have good stats for the cost… Oh, 6-5 is OP compared to 4-5 for the same 4 mana!) with a bit of a discount, and in order to get it, you’ve gotta play a 3-mana Fiery War Axe. Well, yeah, a Fiery War Axe followed by a Worgen Greaser is too OP? :smirk: Gotta start a topic about it some time, perhaps (UPD: Worgen Greaser is OP). But, as I was saying, are we seriously gonna complain about 3-mana 6-5s and not, say, 1-mana Sunset Volleys coming in… volleys?

Speaking of which, I had a particular game with a Plague Death Knight against a Clown Tentacle Warrior… Warning: all of the following is to be taken very seriously, no humour at all intended. :grinning: So yeah, that undoubtedly talented player dodged a bunch of plagues like a pro, got his Deepminer Brann going before I even had a chance to draw Helya, then proceeded with exceptional RNG without a volley of Sunset Volleys without a single Table Flip. This single game is clearly a sign that the aforementioned card is an unstoppable Exodia-like one, guaranteed to come into play at 6 mana even against its direct counters ans instantly destroy the opponent’s hero, at the very least morally :grinning:. I’m astonished the forums are not rife with complaints and suggestions to nerf it at least to 15 mana, which isn’t really even that hard to pull off (Audio Amplifier and a couple of coin pouches, for example — hey, you’ve gotta do at least some work to summon Exodia).

Anyway, as for the Window Shopper… I’d suggest the following fix: ‘If you would draw this card normally without a discount, shuffle it into your deck and draw another one instead’. :grinning: Hard to formulate a concise keyword for it, though.

Seems to be a certain bug where DH players always have the weapon by turn 3. Blizzard might need to look into it.

1 Like

If you hard mulligan for something that you have 2 copies of, it’s like a 40 or 45% chance that it’ll be in your opening hand (source: Fiery War Axe way back when).

DH also runs double Instrument Tech. So the chances are even higher.

1 Like

On an average game do you hard mulligan for it because I haven’t played it to know.
Aren’t there 1-costs and 2-costs you keep regardless, surely that must lower the chances but it feels like they have it every game, lol.

There are a couple 1 drops you keep, like Miracle Salesman. But Instrument Tech and Umpire’s Grasp are by far the most important things.

1 Like

Yep.

When playing a deck like this, I’d also think about maintaining a curve to play on turns 1, 2, 3 and so on. If there’s no good opening hand, you do look for that weapon, but if you see that you can play a turn 3 (or even 2) big Zilliax against an opponent who’d lack a removal for it at that point, for example, you could go for it.

PS Updated the post above with some proper references. :grinning:

If you want people to read long posts (which 99% won’t do anyway), you shouldn’t start them with something inflammatory xD

You have to understand that you most likely play a deck which counters DH-s or you’re playing in dumpster legend against bad DH-s which is why they seem weak.

They are not weak, they are broken.

Have you seen many actual people on these forums :grinning: , let alone those capable of reading (that’s just a collection of my posts bemoaning poor reading skills in general)?

To me, they are neither. A legitimate (i.e., not OTK, solitaire etc) deck, with some good matchups and some bad ones.

Maybe you play something ridiculous and broken like the Sludge Warlock (‘Ohmaigaad, the Wheel of Death, fifty barrels of laughs sludge in your face, I win, lol!’) and rage that these guys kills you instead, like they should? :grinning:

Yes, I do xD And DH is literally my only counter on the ladder, it’s insane xD We’ve been hit with a big nerf already, but still more than viable

Donkey puts us at 3rd highest winrate deck but with a very low sample off 1650 games

In translation, only a few dedicated experts still play it xD

Still, doesn’t change the fact that DH has enourmous winrate, 60%, and has infested the ladder. Too much of one class is choking the game

And I expect that his nerf will also negatively impact sludges, because decks that will become viable again will include more counters to me (rogue is already annoying but rare)

That was rhetoric, do you think I’ve not noticed your mentioning it? :grinning:

Ah, I see.

An ordinary aggro deck that just happens to kill mine before some really broken stuff happens? Argh, it ‘infested the ladder’!

A still ‘broken’ and ‘busted’ deck, despite some nerfs (yeah, turning that 4-mana 7-7, also shooting sludges, into a 5-7 is almost nothing compared to the 5-mana 6-5 in question :grinning: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:), not winning all its match-ups? Boohoo, how is that even possible. :grinning:

That’s what I call a fair and totally unbiased perspective. :grinning:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bro why I’m hardstuck 200 on NA then

And 5k on EU xD

I neeed moreee WINS :smiling_face: :smiling_face:

I do run j’s version and most of the time by tirm 4 or 5 i can have everything pulled off skmetimes turn 3 but it still has a little consistency issues.

they decided to powercreep again but now all the game is out of control vs “powerplays” .

2 * 6/5 is impossible to clean for rogue turn 4
and for a lot of classes so all the balance of this game right now is completely broken .

i predict that soon the game will fall with no interest because they are so much situations where you are "echec et mat " sooner or later that nobody will want to play this garbage impossible situations .

Remember when Priestess of Fury and the dormant Antaen cards were like, omg? Wasn’t even that long ago. Now look where we are