Anomalies Return to Standard and Wild, Starting Today!

Oh my GOD… and here I was so excited to get back home and start this month’s ranked climb.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU FORCE THIS ON PLAYERS IN RANKED MATCHES!?

For the love of all that is holy, revert this awful change now! Or please tell me this is a bad joke…

4 Likes

So now that Blizzard has forced a week off does anyone have suggestions for a Hearthstone alternative card game? Anyone doing a clone or similar style? SNAP is trash and Magic would take more than a week to get a grasp on its mechanics.

3 Likes

Touch some grass. I’m sure your brain and heart will thank you.

2 Likes

Naw, I like it in ranked. Makes you use your brain a little more, rather than just playing the same old deck over and over and over on autopilot. My win-rate is thru the roof right now, I’m sure my victims would probably agree with you, but as someone who has been ahead of meta early on in many expansions, I welcome changes like this.

2 Likes

If you haven’t played MTG:Arena before, I would recommend trying it out anyways. Instants make the game so much more interesting. It’ll take some investment to build your first good deck and certain combos can feel so so broken - but that’s half the fun of MTG. The RPS effect is way bigger in that game. I’m not sure what the current state of standard is, but if you’re fed up with Hearthstone atm, you might just fall in love with it for awhile.

1 Like

WOWWW :)):grinning: :stuck_out_tongue: :rofl: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I farm salt for a living. Hearthstone is my only reprieve from a long day in the field.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I used to play MTG when the Unlimited cards were the latest expansion, if you can call it that, but have never played the digital version. I had a complete unlimited set with many multiples including 3 Black Lotus. Yeah, I didn’t like the card so never played them so all 3 were minty. Sold the whole set plus many expansion cards that followed for $900 cash to the local comic store I bought the packs from. I think Unlimited Black Lotus are worth about $60k a piece now. LoL

1 Like

who gives a flying murlocs rectum

1 Like

Have you considered some non-screening hobbies? I know people who tried and they claimed they are ten times happier.

1 Like

Honestly, if i wanted custom rules, i’d be playing tavern brawl.
Can i turn this off? How long is it going to last?

3 Likes

Not too excited for this. Would be better if it was optional or something. Feels like standard will be whack for a week for no reason.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be fun, i get that. I’m sure it’s been tested in Alpha.
I tried one game. I have trouble with mages. I don’t like to play it nor against it.

So first game, mage, first spell costs one less.
Concede, bye.

As long as they keep looking at the game i guess…

Question though, why?

EDIT: Also fix death knight next.

1 Like

not a fan so far.

maybe if i wasn’t trying to learn brand new (for me) classes and decks AND it wasn’t the beginning of the month where all the better players and their top decks are out, i might feel differently :wink:

1 Like

New expansion is coming out soon and the current meta is starting to get a little long in the tooth, despite the biweekly nerfs.

1 Like

double anomalies for me!!!

3 Likes

What can I say…

Standard has felt more like a chore and a source of stress to me than fun lately, so I’ve even taken a small break. As for this ‘welcome’ change now — well, thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction and dispersing any vestigial false hopes of improvement that I might have harboured! :grinning: No, really, much appreciated. I guess I’m taking a break from Standard until further notice with peace of mind — speaking of which, I wish you people the same. Cheers!

2 Likes

IMO seems like something for wild, tavern, and twist . what’s one more odd RNG in those formats? lol

1 Like

Yes, but this nonsense was not the solution. It’s awful.

Make that anomaly card have 100% proc again so the person who wants this can do it by including it in the deck. Or if both want it.

If both people don’t want it, which I’d guess is most of the people, they don’t have to deal with this.

I feel like almost every game I lose or win now is because of the anomaly rng. The games are very one-sided because either me or my opponent got a random anomaly that massively favors their deck while the other person gets screwed at the same time because their deck wasn’t meant for that. It’s a terrible feeling and this isn’t what I come to standard for.

it never had 100%

it was 25% before