Anomalies Return to Standard and Wild, Starting Today!

Not too excited for this. Would be better if it was optional or something. Feels like standard will be whack for a week for no reason.

2 Likes

It’s supposed to be fun, i get that. I’m sure it’s been tested in Alpha.
I tried one game. I have trouble with mages. I don’t like to play it nor against it.

So first game, mage, first spell costs one less.
Concede, bye.

As long as they keep looking at the game i guess…

Question though, why?

EDIT: Also fix death knight next.

1 Like

not a fan so far.

maybe if i wasn’t trying to learn brand new (for me) classes and decks AND it wasn’t the beginning of the month where all the better players and their top decks are out, i might feel differently :wink:

1 Like

New expansion is coming out soon and the current meta is starting to get a little long in the tooth, despite the biweekly nerfs.

1 Like

double anomalies for me!!!

3 Likes

What can I say…

Standard has felt more like a chore and a source of stress to me than fun lately, so I’ve even taken a small break. As for this ‘welcome’ change now — well, thanks for giving me a nudge in the right direction and dispersing any vestigial false hopes of improvement that I might have harboured! :grinning: No, really, much appreciated. I guess I’m taking a break from Standard until further notice with peace of mind — speaking of which, I wish you people the same. Cheers!

2 Likes

IMO seems like something for wild, tavern, and twist . what’s one more odd RNG in those formats? lol

1 Like

Yes, but this nonsense was not the solution. It’s awful.

Make that anomaly card have 100% proc again so the person who wants this can do it by including it in the deck. Or if both want it.

If both people don’t want it, which I’d guess is most of the people, they don’t have to deal with this.

I feel like almost every game I lose or win now is because of the anomaly rng. The games are very one-sided because either me or my opponent got a random anomaly that massively favors their deck while the other person gets screwed at the same time because their deck wasn’t meant for that. It’s a terrible feeling and this isn’t what I come to standard for.

it never had 100%

it was 25% before

in the spirit of more RNG, Whizbang should be a random deck change, not one made for specific classes. :wink:

i heard it was 100% at launch.

Whatever doesn’t matter.

Make it 100% if they must do this.

the card was never 100%

the event was 100%

i would love the card to be 100%, since its in 99% of my decks

1 Like

Good. They can do that. And you can play it in every deck. And most of us will only see it maybe 10% of the time hopefully. I think I’m done for the week.

ok bye, have fun with whatever!

Imagine changing the rules of normal hearthstone in a month where competetive hs matters for masters tour qualification. I don’t get how the devs can he this clueless.

1 Like

Yeah, this is bad enough to make me stop playing ranked for the rest of the week…which might be intentional to make people play mercenaries or battlegrounds.

Its clear that Blizzard wants to test out potential new mechanics for cards (or maybe a new mode), but I doubt that the developers are going to get much useful data since people are playing around anomalies rather than design decks specifically to exploit anomalies.

Geez, is the MTGA economy still bad? I would have thought that WOTC would have learned their lessons after the predatory economy caused such a massive exodus of players, that WOTC had to abandon its own client/servers and put the game on STEAM.

Its a shame because I played MTGA since beta, and I experienced how WOTC ruined MTGA by stripping down the economy, ruining standard, and adding a host of rigged in-game “randomized” mechanics, and in general all of the lies/broken promises like adding in pioneer.

LOL, I bet that MTGA STILL didn’t implement 2-headed giant or planechase which are arguably the most requested casual modes.

Anyways, I take comfort in knowing that no matter how bad Hearthstone is, MTGA will always be worse.

i was suprised it was doing well after forcing magic duel players to start over by not giving any rewards or migrate their collections /accounts

Big NO for me. And, please make this OPTIONAL to play with, so the players can choose if they wanna play with or without it. Don’t force it upon them.

Oh God why? Can I un-preorder the set? See you next set I guess…