Announcing Battlegrounds Season 3!

What time does the season 3 start?

4 Likes

I’m not going to starve if I happened to spend 15$ on a game I enjoy once in a quarter.

When people spend far more on alcohol and drugs every day, and they’re inflicting much more damage on themselves and others with that practice.

Eventually, it’s up to each and every one of us to do what we want; no one is wrong or right.
I’m just stating facts.

Here’s a simple example. Imagine you like something a lot, like pineapples.

Well, there’s an international shortage in pineapples , so the prices on them have gone up.
Will you give up pineapples? But you love them so much. Oh, no worries, there’s raspberries too, they’ll tell you. Sure, but they’re not pineapples.

1 Like

I would much rather have the Standard balance changes (if any) this patch is bringing more than anything relating to Battlegrounds.

1 Like

Love the pineapples but so many on here really don’t realise the difference in standard of living. 15$ is peanuts for many but can be 10 meals for some.
Strangely enough there are so many asians/south east on the america servers. (where pineapples are abundant and cheap haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For real… At least let us unlock the 4 hero choices with our gold… You are making it pay to win…

1 Like

I’m usually right around 6500. All I really care about is the hero selection portion. I end up with 2 really trash hero’s rather frequently. Yes you can still win, but there is 100% a slight advantage to those that can pick between 4 hero’s. I just wish we could use our gold to unlock the 4 hero’s, I don’t care about the rest of the cosmetics…

I think the hero selection is not as well designed anyway. Even bad heroes can win, depending on mmr i suppose, if i was paying for 4 heros it would be for enjoyment, as some heros i just dont like!

Good heros still need to match the right quests thats where is supposedly random, but no wayyy jose.

So when is season starting, the twitch drops was supposed to start 12 min ago, but it has not.

what ive DONE is uninstalled the game the day that change happened. and this is coming from someone that played sence alpha. this isnt the government, im not being forced to pay for something i wasnt asked to pay for before. not something new. not something fresh and updated. its the SAME thing as was free before. so what ive done is take away all thje money i spend on cosmetics and little kill flairs for bgs. their asking for 4 bucks a month essentially has likely cost them 15-20 a month. and im not alone in this. i love battlegrounds. but im a man of principle. they remove that change ill come back. until then the wallet remains closed

1 Like

No, 100% f2p. you oNLY pay for cosmetics. Only.

Today is the S3 update day… and it is 1:15cst and still no update!

look, were not mad that the pass costs real money. it costed real money before too and people bought it. were mad that they took a feature that hjas been free for the last 2-3 years and made it EXCLUSIVELY pay to get. if it was some new feature or w/e this conversation likely wouldnt be happening

its litterally pay for a 4 hero selection advantage. thats not cosmetic

3 Likes

Most businesses start with free to build users or test products/services.

I’ve said this before, paying or paying more for something isn’t evil, if monetizing on something sucessful that you have created is wrong then yes we live in an awful world.

I started late so have never enjoyed the 4 hero selection so I dont feel the pain, so i may be a bit biased. However i do think 15$ is unreasonable. 5 would be great. Or i would charge 10 for only bg, but for peeps who bought the tavern for expansion… could get it for 5.

I paid for the +4 heroes in December and its gone already??? scam

1 Like

false. Unless you meant the time before the runestone (the failed mutli currency system form HoTS) patch, which also added the p2w trash to bgs.

This guy gets it.

It is when they falsely advertise the mode as free to play. Fraud is fraud.

1 Like

Dont shoot me, i’m commenting as a new user, may be things i do not fully know. Ive never played overwatch but it pushes free to play, isnt this the same?

Fraud is a big word and im pretty sure they offer enough free things to do to cover their F2P publicity stunt.

If they actually offered rewards besides rankings i would say its p2w.
On the other hand i suppose its p2w for lobby legends and esports.

::in best cheesy movie western voice:::

whoa there, partner! We’re just having a chat.

Not when the first thing to greet a player is the gated hero choice, which impacts everything else in the game. Especially post quests, it’s hard p2w.

1 Like

I 've been auto checking non existant quests for the last few games. ugh

There is no fun in playing when undead is just too strong and every other type is just basically boring same!
And how unfair that undead has 100 types that are reborn, srsly! If Reborn they should be tier 1 not the same. not fair to be kicked out in round 8 because everything is reborn, 10times stronger because of other minions and has the same tier….

and bring back the quests, just no fun without them. no chance in winning

1 Like