500th Win not counting for Golden Hero in Ranked - Stuck at 499/500

Hello Blizzard Devs and QA,

I have been working on getting Golden Warlock via 500 wins in ranked. However, there seems to be a new bug that may have been introduced with the recent patch – After the patch, I am now stuck at 499/500 and more wins in ranked are not putting me at 500. These wins are still counting towards Ranked ladder, and I am still gaining stars for them… I’ve won about 5 games now with my Warlock, but the counter is still stuck at 499/500 and my Warlock is still non-golden.

Note that after the patch, I was at around 497 wins… The first two games I played did count and put me at 499/500. The next 5 wins however have not counted. I’ve tested with my other non-golden classes, and the wins do seem to be counting there, so this may be isolated to the edge-case where a hero goes from non-golden to golden, ie the 499 -> 500 transition.

Please let me know if you need more information to debug or triage this issue. This was on the NA server, after patch 13.4.

Thanks,
Prav

1 Like

Same here. Won about 5 games yesterday and today in total on my mage in both standard and wild and still stuck at 499. Will not advance past 499. Other wins on other heroes are counting just will not register 500th win for golden hero. Only thing i could find was a bug around 2014 when this was happening.

Same here with my Priest

Have you tried to quit Hearthstone completely (log out of the Blizzard launcher if playing on a computer) and starting again to force a refresh of your collection from the server? It may be that the bug is only in displaying the 500th win, but if it was counted on the sever, logging back in may reveal the golden hero in your collection.

Great idea, and also the first one I had. I’ve logged out and back in on my Mac, but to no avail. Additionally, I’ve tried this on mobile as well, and I’ve played and won games on both platforms after doing this, but I’m still at 499/500.

Yes, i also tried that thanks for the idea though.

Hey everyone,

We are trying to narrow down the cause and reproduce it on our end. If you are still seeing this happening, could you provide us the following information:

1. What modes have you tried to win in? (Rank, Arena)
  2. Are you using the default Hero or an alternate Hero (example: Rexxar or Alleria)
  3. Deck recipe
  4. Anything else that stood out (example: Using Whizbang, going first in a match, opponent conceded in the first few turns, etc)

Thanks!

Thanks for checking this quickly, Aelathera. Here’s some datapoints:

1. Tried this in Ranked only (Standard and Wild).
  2. Tried with both default hero (Gul’dan) and alternate hero (Mecha-Jaraxxus). Also, tried winning as a Death Knight (Bloodreaver Gul’dan), all three did not work.
  3. I’ve tried with a few different decks by now, here’s some with their recipes - Wild Mecha’thun Warlock: AAEBAfqUAwyKAdsGwg/WEZDHAojSApfTAs7pAtvpApz4AvH7AqCAAwmjAdwGxAiODt7EAtPFAufLAvLQAujnAgA=, Standard Zoolock: AAECAfqUAwavBPIFysMC980CnOICj4IDDDDyAc4HwgjrwgKVzgLy0ALR4QL96gKJgAPchgPsjAMA, Standard Healzoo: AAECAfqUAwSvBPcEnOICj4IDDTCEAfIFzgfCCPcMysMC980Cn84C8tAC0eECh+gC7/ECAA==, Wild Evenlock: AAEBAfqUAwSPBqmtApfTAs30Ag37BrYH4Qf7B40I3AqtEM8W58sC8dAC/dACiNIC2OUCAA==
  4. Nothing specific stood out to me, I’ve gone both first and second, and I’ve won in the first ~5 or so turns along with winning in fatigue. As of this moment, no pattern stood out to me. Let me know if you can think of a pattern to test, and I shall try it :slight_smile:
1 Like

Still stuck at 499 with mage. tried restarting, logging out, different hero portraits, ipad , pc, wild vs standard, etc, still at 499. Probably should be close to 510 now

Same bug here but for hunter. Also my quest where i have to win with hunter/mage 3 times won’t complete despite having won with hunter 3+ times.

Playing ranked normal with priest. Also quest “play 20 priest cards” counter still at 0/20 despite having played 3 games, one with a lyria-turn where i ran out of time playing one priest card after another…

Created priest Deck in Chaos snd completed quest

Just wanted to pop in and say that this is happening to me as well. Got to 499 wins as hunter yesterday and won a few more games in standard ranked and have not got the Golden Hero. No weird games just standard decks, let me know if I should be trying anything else. Thanks!

Hello! Today, playing for the class “hunter” my counter of victories approached mark 499/500. Having won a rating game, to me did not include the 500th victory. Came into Hearthstone anew, won several times a rating game in the standard mode: the victory was not added. Won a victory on phone, without changes.
I ask to help.
Battle tag O6uda#2482

I`m playing ranked standart game. Rexar. Mid hunter (deck).

Thank you for the reply. As a developer myself, I understand the frustration of not being able to reproduce a problem that is pissing people off. As such, I will gladly allow developers access to my account or to shadow as I play.

Hello Aelathera,
I’ve been met with the same issue and it’s persisting for some time now.
I’m playing mostly Rogue

1. Game modes are both Standard and Wild throughout the year of the Raven and a little bit through the year of the Mammoth. Lately I’ve been playing mostly Wild.
  2. I used both heroes for different decks, Valeera and Maiev (Valeera set to favorite, if that’s got anything to do with it).
  3. Decks I’ve been using varied:
    1. Tempo Rogue (Standard)
      AAECAaIHCJkCsgKvBO/CAsLOApziAqCAA9aMAwu0Ae0C3QiBwgLrwgLc0QLb4wKW6AKm7wLf7wKq/wIA
    2. Kingsbane Rogue (Wild)
      AEBAaIHCMgDkbwCub8Csc4CgNMCu+8C5/oCoIADC8sDzQPUBe4GhgnED/sPrxCbFeXRAtWMAwA=
    3. Odd Rogue (Wild)
      AAEBAYO6AgiiAq8E+g6RvAKA0wLR4QKe+AKggAMLqAXUBd0I8xGbFZK2AoHCAuvCAsrDAovlAqbvAgA=
    4. Big Rogue (Wild)
      AAEBAaIHCvYCuQ2CDqIQqKsChbgCycICws4Cz+EC7PwCCrQBzQObBYgHhgnl0QLn4QLQ4wLw5gLe+gIA
      And many many more variations before these decks like standard Kingsbane rogue, Pirate Rogue, Deathrattle Rogue and etc. in the Year of the Raven and Tempo Rogue in the Year of the Mammoth. Lately I haven’t played Standard much maybe a bout 10 wins barely.
  4. I’ve never used Whizbang or won any games with his decks, I’ve experienced many instant concedes in the first few turns, and I haven’t experienced anything that stood out at all while playing. I’ve never played arena (got maybe 4 arena wins not with Rogue). In general I’ve been stuck on 499/500 wins for 2 days now and I’ve won about 15-20 matches since the counter hit 499.

Also I’d like to note that I’ve played Hearthstone on both Phone (ios) and PC (windows), and I’ve won on both lately but to no avail, the problem persists.

1 Like

I am also stuck at 499 with Warlock. I have won 4 games at 499 wins, and the number has not moved.

I’ve been having the same issue with Shaman: ranked, wild, using default hero.
Stuck at 499/500 at least twice if not 3x.

Thanks for the info, there is one more thing we want to check.
For those that are still affected, could you enter into Arena and make sure there is no reward pending on that screen then try to get that 500th win?

3 Likes

THIS WAS THE FIX. Went to arena, clicked rewards boxes, then went and won 500th game in ranked that gave me the 500 win and golden portrait, thanks!

2 Likes