25.0 Patch Notes

25.0 Patch Notes

Patch 25.0 rallies the troops for March of the Lich King, and includes updates to Battlegrounds, Mercenaries, Duels, Arena, and more!

View Full Article

4 Likes

I’m a bit concerned that the new buckets will make Duels a bit less fun. For example, if I make a deck full of Divine Shield Minions, I am no longer going to get the divine shield bucket, but rather a bucket that has an expansion that includes divine shield minions… and maybe I’ll get something? Am I getting that right?

2 Likes

I see nothing in the notes about the return of merc voice lines when completing task chains…they were taken out in the last patch with no clarification as to why.

2 Likes

Cards for buckets will be generated based on cards from your deck, then a bucket will be generated based on the associated bucket pool.

From what i understood new card buckets would fit your deck even more than before.

“We want people to have fun with the new class” is basically just shifting the torment. As bad as having theotar steal and important card feels, having those ridiculous cards with next to no counter is far worse and less “fun” as you use as some sort of falsely objective sounding argument

1 Like

Excited for the changes. Just something to keep in mind for future reference. The arena pool prior to the dual class change was amazing. Unfortunately, the meta was just very poorly put together and not enjoyable with dual class. It was not only stale, but really felt like it had no work put into it at all. I really hope you guys take a note from this to not to sprinkle in a traditional game mode if it’s going to ruin what was already established. You guys are doing a great job with arena, and I hope it continues with march of the Lich king! Obviously, you guys did a really good job prior to dual classes with arena if I was playing it nonstop for months. I appreciate that you guys have not ignored arena and are continuing to work on it.

2 Likes

Love seeing some duels action getting some up dates as that’s my fav mode.

2 Likes

Why is duels getting all the attention over Solo Adventure buckets?

2 Likes

what solo adventure buckets no adventure modes were announced

2 Likes

Glad you’re saying this. I weirdly miss the voice lines, they added to the overall unique theme and fun of the mercenaries. Feels like a waste for Blizzard to have them missing too.

Why didn’t they change the price of Renowns for Mercenaries? They are still charging up to 3 times for trade offers. :unamused: My suggestion is, Hs change it from 50 to 25 coins. (I was going to say 20, but 5 coins is worth it.) I am probably wasting my breath.
It needs more parties too.

1 Like

Excited for 4 more months of Denathrius Stone

1 Like

Does this patch solves the problem of not being able to claim the skin of the last level of the Battle Pass? I really hope so, but I didn’t read anything about it in the Patch Notes.

1 Like

It does. It is stated at the bottom, with the other bugfixes.

1 Like

As the new season also drops with the release of version 25, will we still be able to claim the hero? I really want one and it was the main reason I even spent effort on those quests.

Yes, you should be prompted as soon as you log in.

Dev Comment: The release of a new class is an incredibly exciting moment for Hearthstone players everywhere, and a moment that we want to be as enjoyable and accessible as possible. Knowing the importance of this new class release, our plan with Theotar was to test out a smaller change to the card (from 4 to 5 mana in Patch 24.4.3) before potentially moving for a larger change if necessary. Theotar’s play rate did not drop as far as we would have liked it to with the smaller change, and is still higher than we would like it to be leading into March of the Lich King. Our aim with this second change is to lower the card’s play rate to ensure that the release of Death Knight is as fun as possible for players with a wide variety of interests and experience levels.

???what??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ??? ??? ?? ??? ??? ???

4 Likes

Please adress the wild quest mages issue we really could use a nerf on Grey Sage Parrot => Repeat the last spell you casted that costs 6 or more.

Infinite turns on turn 5-6 is zero fun and zero interction possible vs quest mages.

A thank you from us competitive wild players when this needed change is made.

3 Likes

I want to use my 8€ reaper finisher in bgs without my game slowing down… it’s super annoying and therefore places you at a disadvantage. My friend has the same and I would like a refund for the Hammer event if not fixed

If theotar isn’t fun, why are they making Patchwerk for DK?

1 Like