20.0.1 Server Patch

Hey everyone,

We’re planning to release a server patch (20.0.1) this coming Monday, April 5. The patch includes bug fixes and game improvements for constructed modes. We’ll update the thread here once this update has gone live:

• Removed Pen Flinger from designer buckets in Duels.
  • Removed Cannibalism Passive Treasure from Duels.
  • Fixed a bug where Silverleaf Poison could cause attacking with Kingsbane to draw two cards instead of one.
  • Fixed a bug where Power Word: Fortitude could only be used on friendly minions.
  • Fixed a bug where Vanessa VanCleef would give the post-transformation version of a minion, such as the Kodo version of Druid of the Plains.
  • Fixed a bug where Vectus would not summon Whelps unless a friendly Deathrattle minion had been destroyed earlier in the game.
  • Fixed a bug where Kurtrus Ashfallen would only attack one time if the opponent only had one minion.
  • Fixed a bug where Sparkjoy Cheat could cast two secrets from your hand.
  • Fixed a bug where playing Grave Rune on an enemy minion and destroying it would summon two copies of the minion on your side of the board. Doing this will now summon two copies on the opponent’s side of the board.
  • Fixed a bug where Windshear Stormcaller would not summon Al’Akir the Windlord if you had all 4 basic Totems in play.
  • Fixed a bug where Totemic Call could still give the Wrath of Air Totem when playing with certain Shaman Hero skins.
  • Fixed a bug where Ysera could take damage from the Dream card Ysera Awakens.
  • Fixed a bug where South Coast Chieftain’s Battlecry could trigger if your opponent had a Murloc and you didn’t.
  • Fixed a bug where Olgra, Mankrik’s Wife did not have a mana cost and would not work as intended when cast from hand.
  • Fixed a bug where Scorch was dealing 1 less damage than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where the Dream card, Dream, could not be cast on friendly minions in Classic.
  • Fixed a bug where Pack Kodo would only offer Hunter Secrets and Weapons regardless of which class played the card.
  • (NEW) Fixed a bug where Far Watch Post would trigger off of Secret Passage.

We’re working on more bug fixes beyond this that we’re hoping to get out the door soon! Separately, we’d like to share that we’ll have several additional updates for Duels in our next client patch.

UPDATE: This update is now live, it may take some time to deploy across all regions.

13 Likes

Nice! Any chance we’ll see some nerfs soon?

27 Likes

Nerfs are needed. I’d agree

14 Likes

Lunacy mage being nerf, it was fun while it lasted.

10 Likes

Nerf Deck of Lunacy please

15 Likes

What nerf would matter for Deck of Lunacy? Even at 4 mana it would be amazing. It’s the pool it draws from which is causing it’s power level to spike.

9 Likes

Turn into spells that cost (2) more maybe?

1 Like

That opens up things like secrets, fungal fortunes, palm reading, and lots more burn (relentless pursuit, molten blast, serpentshring portal, moontouched amulet, and more.

It also makes Libram of Hope vastly more available since both flamestrike and mask of C’thun are good enough to include in the deck even if you don’t draw Lunacy.

3 Likes

I hope you guys hold off on nerfing cards. Scam mage might not be any good in a week. Also we don’t know what kind of decks scam mage is holding back. If we wait for more data then we know what to nerf alongside mage to prevent a second scammier deck from rising to the top.

5 Likes

Is the discovering secrets not working for secrets in core set bug being addressed or has that already been hot fixed? I know both Ring Toss and Rinlings Rifle weren’t discovering core set secrets when the expansion and core set dropped.

I’d take facing 7 mana Libram of Hopes over 7 mana Nagrand Slams any day.

9 Likes

I don’t think a nerf to deck of lunancy is deserved.
They designed the card that way, they knew it was 100% RNG and could potentially be game winning (and game losing too when you roll bad).

I hope it will get nerfed because I have it and I hate it (I said this the day I found it), but the reasons behind the nerf should be something more than “it’s too RNG dependant” in my opinion

4 Likes

Revert the nerf to Play 3 Games quests please.

there’re lots of mages but it isn’t op, secret pals are far more oppressive and op

8 Likes

I actually had a game where they were basically a Spell Token Druid on turn 3 playing Glowfly then C.Wards few turns later like gimme a break , Everyone being a better Druid these days - after they few turns they CA me - I was just done at that point. Mage is the new CA Druid. lol

3 Likes

Please also fix a bug where subsequent Mankrik’s refuse to go face after you draw more Olgras in a single turn. Only the first summoned Mankrik goes face.

You’ll still be facing 8 mana slams. You’ll be facing a lot more librams of hope because right now it’s impossible to get one with incanter’s flow. your proposal would make it guaranteed that they see up to 4 in a game.

1 Like

That’s the problem though. With current spell pool after rotation it’s really hard to roll bad…

6 Likes

Nerf both. I don’t see why they wouldn’t? The stats will speak for themselves.

1 Like

Please fix the bug where after Oh My Yogg! cancels the spell you cast, the animation of said spell keeps going ad eternum! Please!

10 Likes