18.4.2 Patch Notes

I agree that -1 Health from the HP will make Maiev a lot weaker, especially in the early game. Then again, the +1/1 buffs are often only important in earlier turns and I think that there will still be viable playstyles with her, even if they aren’t based on finding pairs and then basically Powerleveling as much.
Comparing her to Rafaam, whose HP might as well say “Next turn, get a slightly stronger than average random minion.(Spawn of N’Zoth is more likely than average)”.
The difference is basically that Maiev gets to choose the minion but gets punished with one more turn of delay and gets the +1/0 ofc. Both the upside and the downside are huge IMO and it’s kind of hart to tell which is more important. With Rafaam being as strong as he is, I don’t think we have to worry about Maiev being weak now though.
I also kind of disagree with Lil’ Rag being useless now. It being a 6/6 makes is okish to just have on the board up to turn 9 or something. That doesn’t justify the nerf though, obviously. One of Lil’ Rags strengths was that he has no requirements regarding your board and can still help you scale, which doesn’t go away and will still be really good with certain builds. I honestly hope that not being able to get a turn 6 Rag will slow down the meta and make it easier to justify leveling to 5. I think Lil’ Rag will just be an instant pick if you’ve missed your Brann/lack other scaling and discorver into a T6-minion.
I also don’t like Tavern 5 being such a huge roll of the dice. If you roll a Brann and can survive a turn or two, you’re basically in the Top 3 in most games. I’ll agree with you on this feeling really bad, but I don’t know what to do about it without putting Brann on T6, which I don’t want to happen.
Do we have confirmation on whether or not Djinni can get T6 minions after the patch? I know it can right now, but heard some people claim that it won’t after the patch.

1 Like

No, Primal Fin could never discover an amalgadon if you where on T5. So it was working differently from the Djinn from the get go.

Djinn on 5. Just why ? It’s useless to put Li’l Rag on 6 if you put Djinn on 5. It will be even easier to get Amalgadons or even Lil’Rag now… Djinn can be a 5 star if he stops generating cards from upper tier. I stopped counting how many Amalgadons and win he gave me… You want a tier 6 ? Be on 6 or get a triple period.

Streamers are convinced Djinn will summon an elemental from less than or equal to your Tavern Tier - can anyone confirm this?

it would be in line with every other balance adjustment they have made regarding discover effects so far

1 Like

Bartendotron: 0 gold: Reduce the Cost of next tavern tier by its number of stars (twice per game)

1 Like

Then they are wrong. Unless they did a stealth nerf. If you get the Djinn with a discover or Zerus you can still get T6 elementals no matter the tavern tier you have as it is in the game now.

EDIT: Just like Sneeds can give you T6 Djinn can.

1 Like

If you dont believe any of these changes are needed im really excited to find out what you think ACTUALLY needed to change .

2 Likes

Oh, ok. That makes sense. My feelings exactly @Deader. Lmfao

Thanks!

Nooo, why you remove Pogos.
Everyone loves Pogos and gets so excited when they are played.
Change or remove the offensive hero instead.

Also murlocs, still don’t have a T6 unit. No Amalgadon is not a murloc tribe T6.
Ever since the removal of Gentlesaur, they need something else to fill in.

2 Likes

I think removing the selfless hero from t1 will make t1 more stable, as good as selfless hero is it isn’t a great first pick.

1 Like

It gives +1+1 every turn, regardless of elemental plays. So it’s not as useless the turn you buy it, it still gives +1+1 base, and even up to +6+6 if you play 5 elementals. Not sure if they’re going to do individual animations, though. I hope not.

Ragnaros is still going to be way too powerful. You should at least have to spend gold to make two minions +3/+3, or have it only last that turn, not keep compounding onto itself.

1 Like

Nope. https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23494815/18-0-2-patch-notes
Primalfin into holy hecking mackarel was a thing as well.

FINALY - NERFING
stupid Elementals!

1 Like

Nope what? Primalfin was working differently already. You could get primalfin on T2 (Zerus from a discovery) but he could never discover a murloc higher than your own tavern tier. Sneeds on the other hand could give you a T6 minion even if you where on T2. Djinn works like Sneeds. As if you get Djinn from a Zerus or a discovery below T6 you can still get T6 minions from it.

Random divine shield poisonous minions without actually having to make a real build are not fun so that’s why spore and selfless were nerfed. Also Selfless should be on 2 anyway with its power level. It ain’t good on turn 1 but its frequency was too high.

I agree with everything except the last point. Simply removing “bad” heroes whenever they don’t make the cut anymore would only make things worse, since the game’s hero powers need to maintain a certain power range to ensure that they do not powercreep too hard in the future.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a diverse cast of heroes since then the top tiers will not show up as often. In addition, the oppression of the top few op heroes is what makes other heroes fall so far, which is proven by how much they rise up again after nerfs in the past. When only 15 out of over 50 heroes are even viable, it’s not the bottom 35+ that need to be changed lol. Removing them would be a horrible decision and simply nerfing the broken heroes is way better and easier.

A healthy meta seems to be one where average placements are between 4 and 5, which makes sense as that doesn’t fall too far away from the break points. Heroes are typically changed whenever they either fall too far below or above this range…which is exactly what happened again in this patch.

People were wondering why Maiev was nerfed given she was only the #3 hero. She was still too strong, at 3.9 ish even in a meta too fast to make use of her full late-game potential and one where either Rag or Jandice were in nearly every lobby.

Huge bummer that that they are getting rid of pogo hopper. Meme boards with shudderwock were always fun to try

Scam builds as an option are a temporary, unhealthy solution to hero imbalance and whose existance is otherwise unwarranted… which is why they simply made changes that remove/reduce all of that. Weaker heroes will [probably] do a lot better after the patch (though I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the new Sindra could be sleeper OP. She wasn’t that bad pre-buff)

2 Likes

Glad to see Pogo Hopper gone. Good move.