18.4.2 Patch Notes

its a really strong tier 4 drop, one of the base pillars for scam comp, and the best card to pick with divine shield generation when you are in a losing spot.

again, scam comp is really really strong

1 Like

What are the needed changes?

Before Majordomo only gave buffs if you played an elemental. Now It automatically gives a +1/+1 buff every turn and it increases by one each time you played an elemental that turn. It changes him from completely useless to still pretty useless.

May we please get buffs for Wagtoggle and Lightfang soon? I’ve seen streamers with no beasts, but three other tribes, pick Direhorn over Lightfang on Turn 6. She’s been a joke since Amalgam was removed, and Wagtoggle is arguably the worst hero in the game. Menagerie is fun because it makes players feel clever for breaking the mold. I’d like to see both of its enablers get their teeth back.

1 Like

No mention of a fix for the Nomi bug where he doesn’t buff minions in the shop?

6 Likes

No mention of any game mode outside of Battlegrounds. Pogos are now only in wild and solo adventures :frowning: At least they made Ragnaros less all-powerful than he used to be.

I rate this patch several fries short of a Happy Meal.

not a single real card change?

cant believe people still play bg.

1 Like

Why would it not? It could before even if you where not on tavern tier 6.

They removed Pogo from the pool. That’s an indirect Jandice nerf

1 Like

well we arent on a 1 -2 classes focused meta so its better they dont touch any cards for now

it could mess with it

Because that’s what happenned to Primalfin Lookout when it was moved to T4. But in that case blizzard made a note in patch notes.

Do something with your server first! it lags like crap and me dropped out 2 games in a row due to your crappy servers! will not be back and buy packs until you guys fix your sh!t!!!

1 Like

Great breakthrough!

However, I’d expect Maiev to be far less stronger now. HP really matters in early-mid game. It’s quite similar to Mech Lady (not that extreme though): totally busted with +1/+1 and totally useless with +1/+0.

Also that Patchwerk buff… Next time it’s gonna be 58, 59 but not that original 60. What a joke, Blizz.

I guess Lil Rag will be useless now as it won’t have time to scale enough, unless it’s obtained from Djinni.

Spore pollutes tavern 5… great. I know it’s terrible to lose to scam DS/P builds, but spore on 5 is an overkill. We already have tons of awful fives (especially for first discovery from T5): Strongshell, Battlemaster, Sneeds, Junkbot, Voidlord, Malghanis, Direhorn, Goliath.

Overall it looks like a rushed bandaid hotfix, while lag and turn timer are still a big deal.

I miss revisiting previously nerfed heroes/cards: AFK, Hooktusk; Lightfang. Also some love is required for least played heroes. Akazamzarak for instance, has a cool concept, but literally only 2 playable secrets: mirror image, ice block.

1 Like

They said they can’t bring the voice actors in right now because of what’s going on with Covid, but they are going to do it.

2 Likes

Stats lag ruins game experiance. No fun playing Nomi elementals and other massive stats build anymore…

Really good changes, but there are certain thing that should bf fixed:

The animation for elementals is way to slow and it’s even worse if the buff-lagg is in place. Or add an option to not have animations.

Yeah, the late game lagg in general is really bad. Especially playing Pirates and lagg ruins you because you have to play fast.

Can you remove demons? They are garbage, the selfharm to gain a bigger buff is not viable since hp is important in bg. Even Soul Juggler doesn’t work in the late game. Add on that they don’t have divine shield or poision. Major rework or just remove, because they don’t add anything to the game.

Lightfang ought to give +2/+2.

The amount of heroes is insane and some are down right unplayable. Concider removing more.

So elementals got a midgame buff.

Pirates got less than that.

Demon got nothing.

The tribal balance will not change. Pirates and demons will still be the worst choices.

I agree with PaulBoutique.

Spore will just pollute the tier 5.
And what about Naomi? Do you forget to mention that minion in the patch? Many players complained about it, as it is out of balance.
And DJini is not correct to be tier 5 as it can give elemental minions from the higher tavern.
You should also consider giving pirate some more health at the early game.

it did when bg first launched, every comp in the game was lightfang turbo. the only thing thats holding her back is that extra health or she will be really strong again.

its a very justified nerf. spore was the best way to come back from a bad start.

60 used to be a relevant breakpoint for how many turns you could tank damage to tavern up where you could basically just turbo tavern 4/5 and still be healthy enough to not immediately die (bartendtrons issue is that he dies when he do the same gameplan due to less health)

sneeds and battlemaster are good tier 5, most of the other ones would likely been broken if they went to tier 4 (mechs was tier 0 turbo to tier 4 deck when junkbot was tier 4)

Scam is strong but as you mentioned : when you have all the piece. This a risky and hard build pull to pull off, who is rarely a first intention build and more a response to something (being behing, facing huge taunts or being able to give deadly DS). But it didn’t deserved a double nerf while polluting the 5 tier poll once again.

And nerfing Selfless is not just a nerf to scam. It’s a nerf to every comp that can’t have DS. Pirates, Demons are already in a bad spot, making selfless a bit harder to get is an indirect nerf to those comp as well. Yes it’s not a big difference but it was unecessary.

Oh and it’s also a nerf to weak heroes. Finding selfess on 2 or deadly with a triple on 4 if you are behind with a below average hero will definetly not help or will fasten your death.