18.4.2 Patch Notes

You had to play an Elemental to get a buff before, while it even gives +1/1 now even with no elemental played in a turn.

4 Likes

Constructive Feedback

Agreed - wouldn’t take much of a buff

Most of this changes were spot on … sad to not see some sort of Demon Buff but i’m guessing with some of the nerfs, Demons will be stronger since they aren’t thaaat bad i think.

oh look, all the newly made troll accounts are back <3

Ragnaros : hard nerf but deserved. The double nerf is a bit overkill but he won’t bother us anymore.

Maiev, Cheenvala, Patchwerk, Sindragosa, Mukla : ok why not. Nothing too drastic, won’t change the meta but it will help a bit.

Bartendron gone : good. Whirlwind removed : ok. Pogo gone : FINALLY. Jandice will still be really strong but at least she won’t be able to get carry early on by a single pogo.

Majordomo, Salty, Bloodsail : ok.

But the rest…

First why put Deadly Spore on 5. No need to polute the tier even more. Get a triple and get a spore, yikes. I hope you were ahead because it won’t help you a lot…

Djinn on 5. Just why ? It’s useless to put Li’l Rag on 6 if you put Djinn on 5. It will be even easier to get Amalgadons or even Lil’Rag now… Djinn can be a 5 star if he stops generating cards from upper tier. I stopped counting how many Amalgadons and win he gave me… You want a tier 6 ? Be on 6 or get a triple period.

And finally selfless on 2… So less selfless… That’s your plan ? With djinn being on 5 and selfless being more rare Amalgadon is getting stronger… If you want less divine shield just remove Amalgadon and we won’t have to build around it.

I really don’t get those changes. They barely helped pirates while making Elementals stronger… The Djinn on 5 is just awful. Get Nomi find Djinn, congrats you will snowball hard.

Good patch on the hero side but weird choices for the minions.

4 Likes

its a really strong tier 4 drop, one of the base pillars for scam comp, and the best card to pick with divine shield generation when you are in a losing spot.

again, scam comp is really really strong

1 Like

What are the needed changes?

Before Majordomo only gave buffs if you played an elemental. Now It automatically gives a +1/+1 buff every turn and it increases by one each time you played an elemental that turn. It changes him from completely useless to still pretty useless.

May we please get buffs for Wagtoggle and Lightfang soon? I’ve seen streamers with no beasts, but three other tribes, pick Direhorn over Lightfang on Turn 6. She’s been a joke since Amalgam was removed, and Wagtoggle is arguably the worst hero in the game. Menagerie is fun because it makes players feel clever for breaking the mold. I’d like to see both of its enablers get their teeth back.

1 Like

No mention of a fix for the Nomi bug where he doesn’t buff minions in the shop?

6 Likes

No mention of any game mode outside of Battlegrounds. Pogos are now only in wild and solo adventures :frowning: At least they made Ragnaros less all-powerful than he used to be.

I rate this patch several fries short of a Happy Meal.

not a single real card change?

cant believe people still play bg.

1 Like

Why would it not? It could before even if you where not on tavern tier 6.

They removed Pogo from the pool. That’s an indirect Jandice nerf

1 Like

well we arent on a 1 -2 classes focused meta so its better they dont touch any cards for now

it could mess with it

Because that’s what happenned to Primalfin Lookout when it was moved to T4. But in that case blizzard made a note in patch notes.

Do something with your server first! it lags like crap and me dropped out 2 games in a row due to your crappy servers! will not be back and buy packs until you guys fix your sh!t!!!

1 Like

Great breakthrough!

However, I’d expect Maiev to be far less stronger now. HP really matters in early-mid game. It’s quite similar to Mech Lady (not that extreme though): totally busted with +1/+1 and totally useless with +1/+0.

Also that Patchwerk buff… Next time it’s gonna be 58, 59 but not that original 60. What a joke, Blizz.

I guess Lil Rag will be useless now as it won’t have time to scale enough, unless it’s obtained from Djinni.

Spore pollutes tavern 5… great. I know it’s terrible to lose to scam DS/P builds, but spore on 5 is an overkill. We already have tons of awful fives (especially for first discovery from T5): Strongshell, Battlemaster, Sneeds, Junkbot, Voidlord, Malghanis, Direhorn, Goliath.

Overall it looks like a rushed bandaid hotfix, while lag and turn timer are still a big deal.

I miss revisiting previously nerfed heroes/cards: AFK, Hooktusk; Lightfang. Also some love is required for least played heroes. Akazamzarak for instance, has a cool concept, but literally only 2 playable secrets: mirror image, ice block.

1 Like

They said they can’t bring the voice actors in right now because of what’s going on with Covid, but they are going to do it.

2 Likes