Introducing Hearthstone’s New Mode: Twist!

Introducing Hearthstone’s New Mode: Twist!

Take your first look at Hearthstone’s new Mode, Twist, a fun new way to play with card pools and rules that get twisted up throughout the year.

View Full Article

8 Likes

I guess it’s something. I just hope rules will be a bit more interesting and impactful than just limiting card pools.

" no neutrals allowed." That seems interesting enough… but not sure it will be good…

1 Like

Pure paladin should be good in this mode when no one can play neutral cards.

4 Likes

As a user who enjoys classics, this is a really sad story. I never thought a patch like this would put me out of the game.

42 Likes

Garbage that nobody asked for. I enjoyed my evergreen format immensely and even crafted all gold for it. Unreal pile of crap to drop onto your most dedicated players.

29 Likes

Sounds like just another mode they won’t balance

They already struggle to balance just standard, they virtually never touch wild, duels and bg gets maybe 1 passover once an expansion ….

And they want to add another mode that will just inevitably create frustrating metas that they will then have to waste time addressing instead of focusing on the core game of standard.

Classic was fine because it was literally a fixed format where the entire point was to harken back to the balance and cards of OG launch hearthstone. You were going into it accepting that things would be wack. They didnt need to focus dev time balancing that mode. Twist just seems like more responsibility when they already cannot juggle what they have currently

Only way i see this mode ending is exactly like wild, some dominant degenerate deck will emerge, take over the mode and they are forced to intervene. In before some ‘quest’ deck like demon seed warlock or caverns rogue completely breaks the format and they are forced to ban it. Just seems like a complete waste of dev resources tbh

How long before the mode becomes completely unplayable because a handful of decks are just so synergistically broken due to the allowed sets in rotation? How long before people start to complain x or y deck is ruining the mode and blizz are forced to waste even more time away from standard to then start balancing for a completely separate format

13 Likes

i knew they’d only focus on newer cards.
i want to play older cards

17 Likes

Like someone said above, I can already tell you pure paladin will 100% be something to watch in this mode.

That is already a deck that works without neutrals anyway so it already builds itself. Plus you have all the librams back and im sure everyone remembers how fun they were to play against when they healed for 8 and dropped a 8/8 with divine shield taunt for like 2 mana or less then buffed it up with 0 mana +1/1 libram spells

And theyd do it again

And then theyd play liadrin and do it again

And again

1 Like

Classic was fun but never was able to enjoy it after a few seasons. I know some people enjoyed it but as of lately it has mostly been bots and not really “competitive”. It can also always now come back as a “Twist”.

While I can understand some concerns of balance, it’s likely they will handle this mode similarly to duels where if there are large offenders, they will be banned from the mode.

I’m honestly looking forward to this, for it allows for the most interesting metas we have seen yet! I have never been able to enjoy wild too much so I am looking forward to experiment with the twists to come.

Also I am hoping this allows for Gameplay achievements for all of the older expansions (pre darkmoon faire) as they do twists with older expansions.

3 Likes

Sad news
I`ve been enjoying classic format as of two months. Shame to kill the only mode that had some sort of nostalgia in it.

25 Likes

Then what is the point in the mode lol?

If you are just going to ban cards from it there is no point in even having this mode exist considering the whole selling point is to play those old deck archetypes

Will we get another format in 3 years where maybe those cards can actually be played?

Be like making classic and then banning dr boom and rag cus theyre too strong. Why even have the mode if you cant play the cards that make up the core reason you are playing that mode

You say that with such naivety. Calling it that within a week people will be asking for nerfs because those interesting metas just end up being dominant exactly like wild experiences. And then we are not only balancing for standard and wild and bgs and duels but now also twist.

When will the spreading of resources end? All they are doing is spreading themself too thin again where they can’t support it all. Remember mercenaries!!! And how they couldnt juggle supporting that mode as well as everything else in the game

Im sure when wild was first conceptualised they literally used the same ideology that having all sets would allow for cool metas. Yeah… howd that pan out. Cus all i ever hear from wild players is how 1 deck is breaking the format

2 Likes

Agreed. I revisited Classic a few months back as well, and I have been enjoying it more consistently than Standard or Wild. [The bots disappear at higher MMR, by the way.] Crafted several of the Classic legendary cards and was going to complete the set.

With Classic mode gone, I would really like to see Twist mode be simply Classic periodically (at least once per year).

18 Likes

I’m not sure I understand on this - will they be giving players access to all the pertinent cards for the duration of the Twist season, or do you still need to have them in your own collection? Are the Twist collections going to be separate, or just a filtered set from the main collection?

What happens to any cards that players crafted for classic? Is that refunded?

4 Likes

sigh you’re doing the same thing you did with duels, promise a rotating set, and then dumping all modern sets.

Btw Since no nuetrals are allowed, Pure Paladin is going to be broken since not only is it going to have the modern pure paladin package, but the libram package as well. Other than that, you’re going to get the usual quest spam you see in wild with mage and shaman.

2 Likes

Edit: Just saw the no neutrals rule. I hope you create interesting formats. I think there should be a new one every 2 months at least. It’s basically a longer tavern brawl.

But what about Classic mode achievements?

5 Likes

Want to add new mode noone asked for?
IMHO I don´t care.

But don´t remove classic FFS, which is main reason I even play HS.

Btw, will you refund all classic card???

21 Likes

No Witchwood. No Shudderwock. Dead on arrival.

I love it alot of ppl have been asking for a rotating format because some of their old card in wild are not playable i think twist is a great idea i look forward to playing my old cards :slight_smile:

Also it wont grow stale as the format changes regularly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doubt it. They want you to buy the cards. I wouldn’t mind being wrong, tho!

Did you read the whole thing or just skim?