You lost our thrust with classic format removal

Theft it was. I have been playing Hearthstone since it came out. How much money have I spent? Wow! And now i cant play Classic anymore? i have no desire to learn all the new card mechanics or abilities. Thats why I stopped playing Magic. This is supposed to be a casual CCG - at least thats what they used to tout it as. Guess not anymore.

3 Likes

Stop blizzard can’t do everything, if it didn’t have a large base of fanboy (moron) who forgives the company everything, the company would have already closed because the company has been doing nothing but s.hit for years.

2 Likes

Oh yes, the old fallacy of “if you are not with me, you are against me.”

I recall a similarly stupid point of view by a certain Anakin Skywalker. Or perhaps he was Darth Vader at that point. Either way, he was being dumb.

Just because someone can understand why a business does a thing, and can explain you entered into the transactions you did, willingly, as you and I and everyone else that’s played the game and bought anything on it clicked the EULA Agree options (reading them or not). Yes, being self aware of the things one has agreed to and being capable of rational thoughts from a business’ point of view is definitely enemy behavior and fanboy service.

Basically being a human with the ability to read and have the ability to think in an abstract way, is somehow the antithesis to you and your kind. The Luke Skywalker’s all whining about how they were going to go to Tosche’s Station to pick up some power converters! But now the script has progressed and they blew up your house and Aunt and Uncle. Deal with it like that whiney brat did, go kiss your sister!

1 Like

I agree with most of your reply, but what did you mean by this (quote under this)?

All your base are belong to us. Set us up the bomb.

Not that I generally don’t agree with you about the Classic format, but there are a few things to point out — or nitpick, if you will.

First, it’s not exactly a jet engine or something like it to lose ‘thrust’ — just saying. :grinning:

Second, you can lose only something that you have — and I’m not certain that could be said about players’ trust at that point.

Finally, one more small thing: this has been discussed profusely, including the points you’ve made, and you have apparently seen it. Do you truly believe yourself to be so special that it warrants a separate topic? :grinning:

How about the whole game in general, which has already happened in China? Yes, another repetition, but what of it…

Mercenaries appear abandoned, by the way.

So are they slashing or smashing now?

To be fair, I saw the Twist announcement.

I skimmed it very quickly and when I saw that it would involve the use of Wild cards, I did not look into it deeper. Wild is not for me, and Twist is not for me. So I genuinely had no idea that it was replacing Classic. I just went back and re-read the article and I do see a line about finding Twist “where Classic used to be,” so I guess it’s not unreasonable to think that the reader could infer that Classic is being removed entirely. But I just didn’t pick up on that when quickly skimming the article. And I also don’t think it’s unreasonable for quite a few Classic players to have been surprised when Classic was suddenly gone from their game menu options.

2 Likes

Understandable — almost happened to me on my first try, since the first sentence of the article (the essential one) got scrolled somehow. :grinning: The forums were all abuzz with the subject, though, so you might have noticed it. After rereading the article, I even posted this:

I still stand by my statement that reading skills are important, and I try to follow my own ‘preachings’ as well.

With that said, let me also reiterate that many would find the one-week notice very short. There are cultures and countries (thinking about the likes of Germany, Sweden and such) where you’d generally assume that even an ambulance must be booked at least a month in advance, let alone less urgent matters, when you could wait for months or even years in a queue (that includes renting a flat first-hand, for example).

Sure, this company operates in a rather barbaric environment, where you could do more than that: you could just say, ‘You’re fired’, and ‘unemploy’ someone the next day — something legally impossible without a very convincing reason (like a breach of contract, law or something — not on a whim) and, at the very least, a lengthy notice period elsewhere. However, the decision to discontinue Classic had apparently been made for some time, so they might have announced it much earlier — if even minimum consideration for the players is what you’d expect from this particular company, that is.

Thus, I could also agree with you here:

Oh my! I went back and that first line is quite clear. But in my initial skimming of the article and even my subsequent reading of it the other day, I completely missed that line. Maybe because it was above the header of the first section of the article. So while the information was there, I missed it in two readings of the article, so I’ll maintain that it’s certainly reasonable for many Classic players to have missed it and then only become aware when their preferred mode was (from their perspective) suddenly eliminated. Perhaps Blizzard could have explained why Classic was being replaced rather than simply adding Twist as an additional game mode. It’s not like Classic needed all that much support. There’s minimal balancing needed; just let it be there. I don’t see the logic in removing it.

1 Like

lol, I laughed when I read the title of this. You guys are acting like they took something away from you when it was never yours in the first place. Blizzard has every right to make any changes to their game modes as they see fit. It’s their product, their software, and if that means they have to remove dead weight and put in something else to increase engagement, well then I’ve got news for you, they can, and every smart game developer does it.

Just to let you know, you are able edit the title of your post… I’m sure you meant to say Trust instead of Thrust.

And I also just want to add, I understand the frustration of when something you enjoy playing leaves or changes, however, those of us who play Standard regularly, experience constant changes on the regular. This is hearthstone, the only thing that is constant is change.

Hopefully you will come to move past this and focus your energy on something that will yield some satisfaction. I thrust you will eventually come to your senses. :slight_smile:

:grinning: Yeah, exactly that.

1 Like

Wow, they gave about a whole week notice ahead of time, eh?

Such a fair and good company they are!

/sarcasm off

6 Likes

Hows that boot taste?

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s the case: that guy admitted having some learning difficulties or such on this forum, and at least on one occasion I saw him struggle with reading comprehension — he might have just confused or misunderstood something and thus reacted inadequately. I’d suggest: just never mind, let it go.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like Blizzard. They would never update a masterpiece game and make the original version unplayable despite people paying money for the original! They especially wouldn’t re-release essentially the same game and ask money for it from the people that still own the original!

4 Likes

If you dont like what they do with their property, which we all agreed to when clicking I Agree to the EULA when installing it, which states they can and will change it however they want and do not have to give any notice, then uninstall. being a whiney Luke Skywalker about power converters at Tosche’s station but about classic mode aint gonna convince anyone to bring it back.

Know what gets Blizzard to bring things back? People making private servers and those becoming more popular than the ones blizzard provides. its the whole reason we got classic wow and its expansions. Obviously not a legal course of action to take, but its what works. Just some thoughts for chewing on.

Get off you high horse shill.

Agreeing to the EULA doesn’t mean you can’t complain about their actions. So if they want to complain they can.

Now you can just blindly defend Blizzard because that is your job description, but people with free will will continue to do otherwise.

4 Likes

They are free to complain all they like. Its just absurd to think its of any use. At no point did I insinuate they couldnt complain because of the EULA that was agreed to. I merely pointed out this thing they are complaining about was already agreed to by them, by all of us, a long time ago. Knowingly or not, acceptance of what has happened was built into the act of installing the game. That in no way doesnt even come close to saying they cant complain about it.

The only shill here are the people that think their opinions matter to a company at all in any way. They are delulu if they think their small subculture of classic enthusiasts will make any kind of impact on the decisions of the company.

You can complain all you wish, I was merely offering a realistic path forward that didnt include being a skywalker brat.

Didnt claim it was fair, or that they are a fair company. I mentioned the news were posted ahead of time. I also mentioned word for word " Its fine being upset at Blizzard".

My post was not centered at Blizzard, but how the user did not raise any issues about this before AFTER the patch.

1 Like