Specific issue with users who played once, got disconnected, and then perpetually queued

It seems there is a specific issue with console users who successfully logged in at the start of the beta, 12pm EST for me, and then got disconnected and can no longer get in game. We are stuck in a never ending queue.

I was able to play for about 5-10 minutes and got to the first abandoned town and was supposed to speak to someone. I spoke to a random NPC and the game crashed. Since that 12:15pm EST login, I can no longer get in the game. I go thru a queue of 70-115 minutes, then it attempts to log me in to Battlenet server, and I’’m placed into a perpetual queue that I wait in for around 2hrs with no progress.

I’ve quit, rejoined queue several times, and get the same result. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled beta. Nothing gets me past that infinite queued that comes after the timed queue.

I’m in NA, East Coast, on a PS5.

Anyone have similar experiences with getting to play at the beginning, get disconnected, and can no longer get it? Or did anyone get in after playing at the start?

Edited with solutions that work

In case Blizzard techs see this. The following solutions worked for some demonstrating it is a Battlenet account issue.

1. Logging in with a different PSN/Xbox account already on console and linking it with a new battlenet account when prompted. Does NOT help original account

2. Unlinking existing PSN account and Battlenet account and linking to a new Battlenet acccout. Does NOT help original account

3. Logging into PC Diablo 4 beta with existing battlenet account which was getting queued locked and playing for a couple of minutes. This forces the account logged into from console to blizzard’s server to disconnect. Then you can log out of PC and log in successfully to console

4. Doing the same thing as above but linking you PS battlenet account with and Xbox and then logging into the XBox Diablo beta. This will also force the stuck PS account to forecfully logoff.

121 Likes

Same. I’m finally seeing a bunch of similar posts here in the D4 forums, but didn’t really see anything on Reddit or anything.
I played for the first 30 minutes, got kicked to an empty character screen. No error code or anything. I’ve sat through several different que sessions, only to see “QUEUED…” for hours.

Xbox

21 Likes

Exactly the same. Got on at 9 a.m. Played for 30 minutes and got disconnected. Queued for 3 hours before I backed out and restarted the game. I’ve been queued ever since. So over 6 hours i’ve been in this queue and there’s no counter and it says NOT to back out lol. Ps5 as well

12 Likes

Same haven’t been able to get pasted Queued limbo since 12:30 or so after first disconnect

14 Likes

Yes, same situation for me. Logged in a little after 9 PST, was able to play for a couple hours. Lost network connection and haven’t been able to get past the second timeless queue since.

8 Likes

Yep played 20min on ps5 got dced and havent been able to beat the queued boss for almost 10hrs.

14 Likes

Same here. Finally got sick of being in the endless loop. Restarted app. Queue timare way shorter now. 15 mins

5 Likes

Correct same for me - logged in at 12EST. Played to level 3. In queues ever since. NYC here.

We also confirmed console users who gracefully exited game can login. It’s only console users who were crashed/booted.

This does NOT impact PC users who crash or get botted. They go through queue and can reconnect.

9 Likes

5 minutes of gameplay, 10 hours in qeue… This is getting absurd…

13 Likes

Fully restarted ps5. Queues are at 17 minutes but im sure I get thrown back into the “red ring of death” queue afterwards.

5 Likes

Same exact issue, GF logged on her acct and hasn’t played so we’ll see if she gets in 8min queue.

3 Likes

I am on xb1 and having the same issue

6 Likes

I got in at 11 CST, booted at 1:30, then queued. Finally gave up about 30 minutes ago and am playing S28 on my DH. XBox S.

4 Likes

Same have been unable to log in since around 12. Endless second Queued screen. While my friends have no issues. On PS5 also. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Rebooted PS5. Nothing gets me past second Q screen.

5 Likes

Anyone try using a fresh alt acct yet that didn’t play this morning at launch and got booted?

3 Likes

Yeah it looks like if it crashed on console than we’re out of luck

3 Likes

Seems if you crashed before its like the old diablo 2 days where your accounts stuck in limbo until server restart

4 Likes

In this thread there are a couple people who say they disconnected and were able to reconnect:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/t/are-queue-times-getting-shorter-for-others-now/1673/14

My timed queue seems to be behaving differently this time around so I’m hopeful it’ll work this time. Will update if it does.

2 Likes

Yes! I played for about 20 minutes as soon as the servers went live before getting disconnected. I’ve been in the queue since then; roughly 12:30 to 10:00. I’m going to sleep now and will check to see what it says in the morning when I wake up. This is just awful!

NA, New England Area, PS5

6 Likes

Yep, just got into the game on a fresh acct… looks like the people that got in early and kicked are screwed…

3 Likes