[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

I’m running 1909 and I’m have the same problem. This has been going on for awhile. I thought it had something to do with my 4K-TV. I even change mother and video card. It is still doing.

But now it is even getting worse. It is getting to the point that when it does it. The battle-net interface will crash too. I still can play the game after 10 to 15 sec. But the interface now is a Sq. Box with nothing in the middle of it.

Plus like the other people I only have it in Diablo. My other games play fine.

1 Like

I expect next week as well that when MS release their Aug patches that removes the block for the 2004 update and thus it will get pushed out to a lot more people we will see an increase in issues.

The problem exists! Regardless of build 1909 or 2004. I tried on different PCs, different configurations. Hdd exchanges, motherboards, memories … In a group run the game actually freezes repeatedly for 8-10 seconds.

1 Like

Yeah same on 1909 for me

1 Like

I have had where the screen on a area that gets distorted and you go to another area it will be fine.

Hey all,

Just poking our head in here. We bumped our thread on this to see if we can get any updates. Nothing yet other than the fact that the QA team is looking into it and has a few suspicions based on how this is all going down. Thanks so far for all the help gathering data.

I had problem with Freezing in game for 5-10s , helps me Run Game as Admin and No FPS Limit… Now i can play normally - no freezing in game
Compilation 2004

You can start like Gates or Allen, the same thing for about 10 seconds. As long as the game is in that freezer, cursor can be move. It doesn’t matter if you play in single or multiplayer mode.

Bro, I want to give you a hug. I have a brand new rig I just built and this stuttering issue has been driving me crazy. I try pushing solo and my screen locks up, turns white and says Diablo 3 is not responding. When the game unfreezes I’ve lost 10-15 seconds, I’m dead and I’ve lost any momentum. I don’t know how many hours I’ve spent searching for a fix. Game has been GG for an hour since replacing the dll. I play w/o sound anyways so no big loss. Thanks again.

2 Likes

No problem! Glad it worked out. I spent hours trying to figure out the issue as well. This game without sound isn’t a big loss. S21’s theme has annoying sounds anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! That freezing exasperated me. After an hour of play everything is normal.
Cheers!

1 Like

is there a fix yet? becaus im atm at the point to just delethe the game.

Im just done with the season at this point. Not going to play when I can’t play without freezing constantly.

Last blue post was 5 days ago. Is there any hope to fix this problem?

1 Like

its now been months if they truly cared it would have been fixed by now

1 Like

Just disappointing…

1 Like

QA is on vacation. just again nobody knows

Heres the “fix”

BIG SHOUT OUT TO BLIZZ … .THIS SHOULD BE YOUR PROBLEM TO FIX. ITS NOT A MICROSOFT PROBLEM . AS THE ISSUES ONLY HAPPEN IN BLIZZARD GAMES.

I have detailed the “Work Around” or Solution below. I hope this helps in permanently fixing this issue

Step 1: Download Heros of the Storm
Step 2: Go to where its installed: “Example”
D:\Program Files (x86)\Heroes of the Storm\Support64
Step 3: Copy fmodex64_4_44_23.dll to a different directory
Step 4: Rename the file to fmodex64.dll
Step 5: Go to the x64 Folder of D3 " Example"
D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64
Step 6: BattleNet / Settings / Game Install Update / Select Never Automatically Apply Updates
Step 7 : Close Battnet
Step 8 : Replace the fmodex64.dll file in the D:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\x64 with the one you have just made
Step 9: Launch BNET press PLAY
( Warning )
Sometimes it says UPDATE and you are force to update for then you just close BNET , replace the file and try again.
What happens is you remove ALL GAME SOUND. However this fixes all the 10seconds freezes caused When Running Any Windows OS Patch past 1909

16 Likes

It’s been 84 years…

1 Like

Blizzard please fix your game i wanna play !

3 Likes