[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Turing off the sound does not work for me. Only replacing the problematic DLL did.

Yeah. the fix is replacing the file, creating a shortcut and your sound won’t work. (disabled or not).

1 Like

This problem has been around for years now and the only fix that works is to replace the fmod with another version. Doing so you lose your sound altogether. This problem will never be fixed properly.

1 Like

Another problem is raising with W10 2004, around ESENT 642.
maybe it’s the reason why we are also affected in D3.
I just verified and I am concerned about this ESENT 642 issue by the way.

svchost (3692,D,22) SRUJet: La version 9120 (0x23a0) de la fonctionnalité de format de base de données n’a pas pu être utilisée, car le format actuel de base de données 1568.20.0 est contrôlé par le paramètre 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat)

Hello there,

Is there any update as to when or whether the problem will be solved? The screen-freeze has literally ruined more than 10 attempts to push higher gr’s. I cannot reverse my windows update, nor I want to play without sound, etc. I understand that those solutions might function in the interim but I refuse to entertain such fixes.

Our team is still investigating the issue and they believe they found the source of whats been causing the issue. It’s a frustrating issue and these types of compatibility issues can take a bit of time to resolve.

Our team needs to run through testing and replicating the issue to find the cause, then work on a fix for the issue. Once a fix is in place, our QA and compatibility teams need to make sure the fix works. If they can test and verify the fix in place works, an update or hotfix will be pushed to the live servers. It can be a lengthy process, but we want to make sure the fix in place does resolve the issue before it’s pushed out.

Since a lot of replicating and testing needs to be done, it’s difficult to give an exact time frame at this time. We’ll communicate any new information or updates on this forum thread when our team has more details to share with us. Thank you for all the provided details so far, it’s greatly appreciated and helpful!

9 Likes

Dear Caterpepi,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the update regarding the situation. I hope you find a solution soon cause rifts have been unplayable lately.

Stay safe

2 Likes

Good to hear it is being worked on.
My tactic on my DH so far during the freeze has been to activate smoke screen, press ESC and hope for the best. On single player it usually works but I cannot play multiplayer.

1 Like

This has been a long standing issue that manifested itself in stutters. I’m glad that it became a bigger issue with the latest Windows 10 version or else it will never be taken seriously. I hope that the devs are able to eliminate the bug altogether.

1 Like

I wish that problematic lib was disabled when you disable the sound. Especially since I play without sound anyway,

Many Thanks for the update. Please keep us abreast of how its progressing. Certainly having no sound, no being able to use the battlenet client and constantly having to put in my authenticator code is very annoying.

ughhhhh…sometime soon i hope

1 Like

Also dealing with this issue. Diablo keeps freezing randomly in hard hard freezes. Takes a while to recover if it does at all. And if it happens at startup or upon logging into the server to begin, it requires a restart as Task Manager can’t even be viewed beyond the grey screen login.

disabling pc sound is not solving this for me nor am i able to roll back windows update completely unable to play for over a week now starting to feel like they just dont care anymore all eyes on d4

To go back to a previous version of Windows, perform the following steps:

1. Click **Start , then type “recovery”.

2. Select Open System Restore .

3. Follow the steps listed in the window that pops up going forward.

4. Select a reason for going back, then click Next .

5. If your computer is unplugged, be sure to plug it into wall power and click Next .

6. Click Go back to Windows [X] .

I personally reverted back to version before Win10 2004 and the D3 client freezing stopped.

Give it a try to see if it works for you.

I also only use the x64 version of Diablo III.

no restore points system was fresh instaled a month ago

but thank you was worth a shot

1 Like

Having the same problem, followed all the steps and within 10 minutes game froze, went into d3 debug and still getting FMOD Error sound not ready in 200ms

yes the 2004 update was giving me ingame freezes as well. Kept dying each time it unfroze again. Just uninstalled the 2004 update. Hopefully it is fixed now!

@Farmerkimber,

Since you play on Europe, I thought I should point out that there’s a helluva good description on the Europe English Technical Support forum… here: HugeRandom Freeze singleplayer&multi - #7 by NvRmoR3-2527 - Technical Support - Diablo 3 Forums

It’s not step-by-step but with that and all the material above… it should be more than enough. No one should have to spoon feed you workarounds for an issue Blizzard is already working on.

2 Likes