[Main Thread] Windows 19041 - Freezing for 5-10 seconds

Blizzard this is happening to more and more people are forced to update thanks to Microsoft. This only effects YOUR GAME.
Wheres the fix . I want game sound

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised they haven’t pushed a reversion to the last known working FMOD DLL set. That would resolve the current issue and give them time to fix the broken version they updated to previously.

4 Likes

they will never release a bugfix that breaks sound instead. then this forum will be full with a gazillion crybabies that want to play WITH SOUND

1 Like

call us crybabies all you want we payed to play this game

4 Likes

Day 3223562 since the problem started. Still no blue post to give us some hope! :frowning:

1 Like

Hey folks,

We still haven’t heard back from the developers with anything particularly useful for you all. We haven’t forgotten this, we just haven’t been bumping the thread since we try to avoid posting on known bugs when there isn’t important information to be communicated.

1 Like

Good to know that it’s still being actively looked into.

Have the same issue, freezing for 5-10 seconds after upgrading to Windows 10 2004. Since i only play hardcore, atm. this game is 1oo% dead for me sadly.

1 Like

The question I’d be asking is if the client can be made to use the last known good working FMOD DLL version from before the complaints started coming in here. I know it can’t just be replaced, as that breaks sound, most likely at least in part due to the MD5 not matching the manifest, which is why it would have to be pushed via the Battle.net app instead of worked around by us.

Seems to me that’d be the logical course of action to take if possible, and to touch base with the FMOD developers to see if they can glean anything useful from your internal crash reports. :slight_smile:

I’d appreciate it if Blizzard would just tell us that this isn’t a priority and isn’t going to be fixed in any reasonable amount of time. To be honest, this would be less aggravating, because then I could stop hoping I might be able to play. This has been going on for MONTHS with absolutely no discernible progress from the GAME DEVELOPERS.

When the upgrade to 2004 stops being optional, and gets flagged as a mandatory upgrade by Microsoft, if Blizzard haven’t fixed it by then they’ll be in for a whole lot more posts about this. That 2004 upgrade was made available in May, so that time may not be too far off.

2 Likes

This freeze effect has been happening to me more frequently lately – ~4-8 sec of freeze, and occasional stutters – every 20-30 min.

As I play on HC, I’m really averse to continuing playing while this remains an issue. It’d be more than a little annoying to lose optimized gear with augments I’ve been painstakingly collecting all season to this tech issue.

Would love to see a fix, or at least a blue post verifying that the user-created solution is the best (only) method to use.

1 Like

I actually just fixed all freezes, stutters and crashes by installing Diablo onto my C:
I’m using Windows 2004 as well.

I tried everything up to that point including installing it on a brand new formatted drive.
Haven’t had a single freeze or crash since and the game loads twice as fast, I remember having the same issue with Destiny 2 running like crap until i installed it on my C:\

Not much of a solution. I am sure the majority of users like myself who are having this issue have the game installed on our C drive which is the operations system and on a SSD/M.2.
Also it was first happening maybe 1-2x in a rift or grift for 15-30secs now it’s happening even more than that and in even non rift/grift modes like bounties etc in adventure mode. I had even reformatted my drive/windows 100% and everything fresh installs and it still continues.

2 Likes

If they dont fix this until new season start (ofc this season is for me dead,becouse of this issue) i just gonna stop with d3 i mean unistall.Its realy sad that this huge multibillion company dont care about they legendary game,just realy,realy sad.

100% Niko no way this should not have already been fixed unless they just do not care

Still having this issue for more than 1 MONTH. Hope this is solved at least for the next PTR

I have the same problem. Is there any fix guys?

Scroll to top there is a bandaid but you have to keep applying it and you lose sound. I basically can’t play as much myself as it happens 3-4x during grs 1-2 in rifts and every bounty or two. This issue got worse on my end since it started it doubled.