When do you think the Beta will start

Hey there, I saw some speculation for D2R to release in june but we are already in may

when do you think the Beta will start and will you be invited?

1 Like

According to the latest investor call D2R is not releasing until the second half of this year. But since D:I is releasing after D2R we know that we are getting it somewhere between July-Sept at the very latest. D2R + BC for Q3 and D:I + CoD for Q4.

So based on that and the fact that they immediately changed the button to Beta after a 4-day alpha, i’d be shocked if it started any later than the next few weeks to mid June. I think it’ll be an extremely large pool of invites and may even end up being a completely open Beta to anyone who wants to try it.

Blizz also mentioned in the call that the D2R Alpha had the “highest online viewership for any test ever”. So i think this is a clear sign of things to come. D2R is going to be a monster, like i’ve been saying.

6 Likes

im having a hard time translating this section, what does it mean?

2 Likes

Diablo: Immortal.

:face_vomiting:

6 Likes

oh :joy:

To tell you the truth, before they confirmed and showed D2R I was a bit excited about diablo immortal but now I couldn’t care less xD

Ya exactly. Who cares about the dumb pay 2 win mobile game thats a D3 clone.

(im probably going to play it when i poo. shhhh)

Blizzard and their corporate greed. how dare they even announce D:I prior to D2:R. the nerve

(genuinely didn’t care. thought the mobile game was cool and the backlash moronic)

Giving me a free diablo game for my phone are you!? You son of a…
:clown_face:

2 Likes

i almost flew to that blizzcon because i thought they will announce diablo 4 or D2 remaster, i was so upset when i watched it live, but i still found it interesting and wanted to try it

the backlash was a bit too much, but i just imagine actually flying all the way over there compared to watching it at home, i probably would have freak a bit too haha

1 Like

I dont care if you mortgaged your house to get to blizzcon to see a possible announcement, still didn’t mean Blizzard owed anyone anything and still gave us a free mobile game. Absolutely laugh at anyone that upset over ANY video game related news. Especially when its not even bad news, its just not the exact news you expected and put false hope in. I say this as an extreme nerd whos entire life has revolved around mostly Diablo games.

I grew up with D2 and it was my entire life for 9 years straight. Literally my childhood. Yet i still don’t feel any of the backlash was justified despite also being disappointed it wasnt D4. It should have only been met with praise or at least not with anger. Don’t care who that triggers. We’re about to get 3 Diablo games back to back to back. Its literally NEVER been a better time to be a Diablo fan. I rarely see people ragging on D:I compared to before, I even see lots of praise on Reddit for it.

don’t get me wrong I didn’t react nearly close to how the backlash looked and from day 1 of the announcement it was clear they overreacted, it had to do mostly with people wanting to get back at blizzard and the entire political controversy that up at the time with Aisa trying to create a “riot”

and if not for D2R I probably would have still be excited about it, but as of right now, i would be able to use my switch if im not at home playing D2R, immortal doesn’t seem as attractive anymore, maybe it will get my sister to try it after all these years she didn’t play diablo who knows

thats true. I thought the game was mildly interesting before. But now that D2R is releasing and before it? probably not gonna touch it for awhiiiile. :laughing: D2R is going to consume at least the first 6 months of my life after launch. lol

Assuming the latest release is December, lets say December 1st for this.
They probably want to test multiplayer for around a month.
The time between announcement and alpha was almost three months.

So December 1st(Release) - 3 months(Internal work period) - 1 month(Duration of beta) = August 1st is my guess.

1 month in Alpha, 1 month in Beta, and 1 month in RC before it hits RTM.
or
3 months in Alpha, 3 months in Beta, and 3 months in RC before it hits RTM.

But, alpha, beta, and RC, rarely has rigid dates like that, and RC tends to be shorter than Alpha and Beta (a third). Only agile sprints need to be rigid, and a maximum of 1 month. It depends on the company, and on the project.

And no, I won’t be invited for testing.

I think the Beta will start… soon™ :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope it will be mid-May.
I would be disappointed if it would be later than end-May/early-June.

I can’t wait for the release !

3 Likes

YouTubers are talking about May beta. They usually know because they’re given a headstart to free their schedule. Though they won’t mention it as if it were fact.

I’m going to guess 2nd half of this month.

1 Like

I really hope beta starts in 1 or 2 weeks. And then have the release hopefully end of june, would be amazing

2 Likes

It was easy to predict that they want to unlock all classes in a 2nd alpha.
But still hope the game will be out in summer or early september/october.

Could you provide a link and the direct quote where someone at Blizzard said this?

Is it this

I hope it starts soon, cottage season is upon me!

i expect july or august for the first wave of invites

I was hoping beta would start this month and release soon™ after.

Apart from D:I release after D2:R we also have WoW TBC and patch 9.1.

TBC was originally planned to be released 3rd of July (leaked from battle.net app) but they figured it’s too soon i guess so it’s getting pushed later this year.

I’d very much prefer if D2:R was released in the first place :smiley: end of July was a good bet but now it seems little further away…

1 Like