As promised, a slim, easy to understand version of the multi hour stream test last night involving Valla’s Bequest and break points. If you want the long version, link is in the original thread below. Timestamps are in the video description.
Link to the original thread:
1. Valla’s Bequest does nothing for you on single targets. It triggers when multiple targets around at certain distances due to it’s pierce effect. It is inconsistent.
2. The important breakpoint is 1.50 to 1.666 (1.67 sheet). All of the other breakpoints essentially don’t matter. If you are at this break point, Valla’s bequest does nothing because you are already at maximum amount of allotted shots per frame. To reach this breakpoint for each weapon type, you need the following:
- 2H xbow: Full paragon attack speed, 19%+ quiver, and 1 attack speed roll on gear.
- 2H bow: No paragon points in attack speed, 19% quiver or below. No attack speed roll on gear. (primal quiver is BAD for this setup because 20% AS on quiver).
- 1H + shield: Move around paragon points based on quiver attack speed. No attack speed on gear.
- 1H + quiver and DW: You can’t reach this break point. This is when you use Valla’s Bequest because it essentially makes you “not” being at the optimal break point, “the” optimal break point.
3. Rocket storm rune for strafe has similar effects to Valla’s Bequest. You can slot both, but they both won’t work at the same time, however, they work in situations when the other one doesn’t, so it’s not a terrible idea to do both. Rocket storm is beneficial to all setups and is best in slot rune because of it’s interaction with GoD6. Does work on single targets.
4. Strafe weaving with Valla’s Bequest hurts your damage a little as it breaks up the flow. On the contrary, not strafe weaving won’t keep you at max momentum stacks. May be wise to strafe weave at a slightly slower pace.
5. Bug with using dual or triple generator setups while strafe weaving. When you switch generator, sometimes strafe itself won’t fire the generator you switched to, essentially firing the previous generator you were using. This happens roughly 15% to 20% of the time, meaning you’ll have to really pay attention if you’re running Odyssey’s end for audio and visual cues to “work around” this bug so you don’t lose all chain stacks in the middle of a battle. Unfortunate as the setup is already a handful to play.
This is NOT a one man effort! Many hours have been spent on Valla’s Bequest alone between a number of veterans.