Dh new set broke on xbox

I have ran multiple test runs with the new dh set and the numbers just are not adding up i can hit harder just using my primary ability than i can using strafe

2 Likes

(2) Set:
Gain 4 seconds of Momentum when attacking with a Primary skill, at a maximum duration of 20 seconds. Your Primary skills deal 10% increased damage per second of Momentum.
(4) Set:
Strafing against enemies will automatically shoot your last used primary skill, and also give 60% damage reduction while strafing and for 5 seconds after. While Strafing, you gain 8% increased movement speed for each second of Momentum.
(6) Set:
Your primary skills deal 10,000% increased damage.

from what I read now Strafe DO NOT GAIN ANY damage multiplier

your strafe only gain DR & movement speed, more importantly you fire yr last primary skill when strafing so your question & testing should be what you are expecting?

If I am going to test I would test this, again only IMO

when I strafe do my set 2 bonus apply/gain to my primary fire??? If it does next does it generate my hated??

Do my IAS affect "primary skill fire when strafing?? " again you have to know this YOU WILL always be faster when fire primary skills due to the belt that alone gives 30 or 40% IAS to primary (sorry I am lazy to know the name & dmg numbers)

next the basic stuff if I wear FNR does my strafe primary skill activate it & the bracers to give 50% DR

this is important IMO even when NO MOPS does my strafing still fire empty or do not, consoles are unlike PC we do not have a wider view in front so in a very fast pace game you dun even know what hit you if you are too fast, without buffs up you are charging in dead, example hammerdin as a console player :slight_smile:

there is really a lot if you would like to be tested or interested.

Again dun get me wrong once you have done those test I mention maybe you CAN BE RIGHT why??

Strafe primary DO NOT GAIN 2set bonus, DO NOT gain FNR only half which is pure 50% dmg, do not gain 10K% so obviously yr primary skills will rein supreme :slight_smile:

Again from my mate who test yesterday he did mention in my chat, the new DH set is slightly better than LOD RF because of movement speed & moreover he is testing on his grouping skills… he cap himself btw to give a better result Cap P800 Only Lgem 100 & no augments, I forget he did 110 I think 1 key than 115 in less than 30keys again that 115 clear is because he is learning grouping.

Strafe may not get any dmg multipliers but the primary skills it is supposed to shoot would. I was running p1200 with 8, 150 augments on gr110 building up my stacks then strafe and getting 500m crit dmg when i shoot primary skill without strafe it hits minimum 1B crit dmg so yes i have to say im not getting the dmg numbers i should be if strafe was in fact shooting my primary skill. And also not getting the 60% reduction in dmg while strafing. Took me 14 minutes 46 seconds to complete the 110

1 Like

DR is better to test with zombie in act 1

go out town in TXXXX see if zombie hit you for example zombie hit you 10 dmg with any armor next equip yr new set n strafe see if it hit you 4 or close numbers for a better read…

how does FNR reads? when you strafe yr primary reads FNR… did the generator icon FNR proc? than when you stop n fire did it proc because you are losing half of the dmg as said … might be the generator fire from strafe do not read FNR that is why you are losing half dmg

FNR is procing so it may just not be working for strafe correctly, but DR is not working went outside town with full armor on zombie did same amount of dmg to me when i was strafing and when i wasnt strafing

I felt you are really bug out first my mate confirm there is DR

next he sent me just 4 pcs of the set… I went outside town I wore just 3pcs & a random armor let a zombie hit me… next I switch my armor to 4 pc… numbers I got is indeed there is DR.

Next I realize this when I strafe my primary shoot out from strafe DO NOT PROC FNR only one of the icon from strafe… next when I stand n shoot primary BOTH FNR icon appear.

I do not know if this is intended but when I strafe… my wraps DO proc from strafe primary but just not one of the FNR.

I am just wearing/testing 4pc new set btw… I did this on ps4 if yours is bug you better sent a report on the bug consoles section

Some key elements with GOD:
You have to build the momentum stacks
When you strafe while you have momentum you fire your last fired primary skill
It’s your primary skill that gets the damage boost. You strafe for 2-4 secs and then again fire your primary skill to maintain 20 stacks of momentum

Also your primary attack choice make a difference as well. The overall best choice is HA with the devouring rune

Other factors to consider:
cubed depth diggers for boost on primary skills
cubed 9th satchel for boost on HA
Weapons of choice:
Dawn…for vengeance cooldown
Fortress Ballista…for shielding and defense
Valla’s Bequest (really effective with rocket storm on large mobs) roll off the strafe bonus for something like CDR, or Area Damage

There has been some extensive testing done that you can read about in the DH forum area.

I tested the new GOD build right after the 2.6.9 patch dropped on PS4 and to be brutally and bluntly honest, it is a HORRID build. Average rolls on the 6 piece set gear, p2700, lgems, tested on a GR100. Hardly touched normal mobs, did SFA against elites, instadeath - 7 deaths in under 30 seconds, despite strafing/building momentum etc.

I’ll stick to s6 impale thank you.

edit: I also tested the mundunugu WD build and had great performance, despite being new to the build. Similar quality gear, lgems and of course, paragon. Cleared a tentative GR90, and then GR95, 100, 105, 110 and 115. A single death over the course of the 5 GRs and that death was my fault and avoidable. GOD felt much, much, much, much weaker, horrible mechanics and was fragile as hell. Probably the most fragile build I’ve ever played.

WHile this is pc testing performance and explanation should still be applicable to console. Note the video is long but clearly shows how to use the new set using Valla’s Bequest and play style with GOD

YOu are more than double my plevel and I can clear GR90 without insta death…no ancient or augments on armor and still powering up simplicity (l43) stricken and taeguk are in the 80s. The trick to the build is maintaining momentum. In large mobs that can be a bit distracting as you want continuously strafe. YOu need to keep that primary firing every 2-4 secs. HA with devour and 9th satchel make it the overall best primary. Entangling shot and bolas are not nearly as effective, though if used as a secondary primary can help to group mobs to a higher density where HA will shine. I know I am seeing very similar performance with PC and Console with this set. Its also important to watch your hatred as when there is nothing to hit and you are strafing it eats it fast.

Some other considerations will be controller mapping. Its tempting to put that primary on that “x” button…the one also for opening chests, clicking pylons etc… I found better performance using companion boar on “X” and for the PS4 using the R!1 R2 buttons for HA/Strafe. I can hold R2 and just let up to fire the primary and have hardly a break in motion (much less than on the X button) I am sure xBox would have similar performance with its controllers

Ran GR115 in 11:30 with 950p with GoD HA - Valla Bequest Gems at 105ish. Mediocre maps.

It is actually really good with large groups.

Well duh, what did you think I did? Tickled my feet? That is exactly what I was doing and it was doing SFA. I was using HA (and 9th satchel too). Strafe, fire primary attack every 2-4 seconds. Dmg wasn’t ramping up and it was extremely fragile.

My simplicity gem was very low though - under rank 10. The other 2 gems (powerful and trapped) were both above rank 120.

I tried the same crap with WW rend barb and couldn’t get that to work either.

On PS4 here. The GoD set works superior. Even if macros for SS and Vengeance would help a bit. Stacks are easy to build up and be maintained. You don’t need to release strafe just press primary every 4 sec to keep FnR and stacks up. Pierce helps for both. Only release strafe when no enemies around you as your Hatred gets down really quick with Dark heart rune. GR120 should be possible without any augments and P1000. Trapped isn’t needed as you need Stricken anyway for GR100+. I run SS Taeguk Powerful until GR100. P700 8 min to spare

Define near you? Within 10 yards? I found that hatred management was horried, worse than s6 impale with cold rune on a GR45 lol (you get the drift).

So, simplicity, taeguk and powerful pre GR 100 and GR100 and higher swap out powerful for stricken? If the GOD build does as much dmg as people are saying, then wouldn’t stricken be a very bad choice, since at lower medium level GRs (say 100-105), you’ll be one shotting mobs and only getting a tiny dmg buff from stricken (it takes around 6 hits on a particular monster to ramp up dmg for stricken to 100% of its dmg value for the gem’s rank). I personally think stricken is a terrible gem, with terrible mechanics, but hey, that’s me.

I just couldn’t get the damn build to perform. As far as I can understand, I was doing everything right…

Hatred is no problem, if you hit enemies while strafing. Primaries are spread over the whole screen. If you really run out pretty often, run Blood Vengeance and/or Companion/Bat. With one RCR roll on shoulders and Paragon, i have no issues.
For T16 you run Seethe anyway.

Yes! GoD is very good for density, because of Pierce and Devouring Arrow’s mechanic. It’s no sniper build. It’s pretty fluent and clears maps pretty easy.

Single Target it’s bad, so Stricken is the best choice. For low content GR<100 and speeds, you can use Trapped with Thrill of the hunt.

This set is really fun, as you can use 3 out of 4 primaries to run speeds. For absolute pushing you will need dual generators anyway. But HA is working pretty solid. It’s much more challenging then Whirlrend. And you have no animation cancelling when casting WotB or Rend.

You really have free weapon choice, you can run Dual-wield with quiver cubed, bow and quiver or crossbow and quiver.

so, it’s poor vs elites and RG…mmm…I’m gonna give it another go, but I am doubtful that I’ll get it working. I’m not a fan of the build to be honest or its play style. edit: if it’s 10 GRs stronger than s6 impale, then it kills seasonal play for me as I simply won’t have a chance of ranking on the LBs if I dislike the build and continue to play with s6 impale. If that happens, I’ll just do the season journey every season for the portraits/pets/xmogs and leave it at that.

It’s working until GR110, until that you need the same strategy as for the most builds. Drag elites into density and best RG need to have adds. Area damage also works with GoD 4pc procced primaries. I like the builds, because it has so much variety. Little reminds me of the static charge monk. With Oddyssey’s and 2 generators you get a very strong but hard to play build. But you also have the 1 generator version which already cleared GR120+. But at the end of the season GoD Build with ES and HA will be in top spot.

Thanks for the tips, have rolled a new char up to clvl 70, will test and see if I can get it satisfactorily working.