Amazing God DH speed rift Build for doing HIGH G Rifts

In this video i explain the gear,paragon points, gems , passive skills and skills needed to do high Greater Rifts

I hate to bash your videos again but there is something going on, you just showed up out of nowhere and started posting random DH guides?

These guides aren’t very helpful since they are well documented builds and there are some misconceptions in the video as well. Here I will mention several of these:

1. Timestamp 0:53 You don’t need Rocket Storm, this is to help with a very subtle issue that was explained in other threads (along with the Valla’s Bequest). In short, Rocket Storm helps fill in the gaps between the internal cooldown periods of the Strafe-generated primaries but it isn’t significant when Valla’s Bequest is used as well.
  2. Timestamp 1:15 You don’t need Archery since it provides a very weak bonus and a different passive would be better there. Even Perfectionist, Awareness, or Steady Aim would be better.
  3. Timestamp 1:41 You don’t want Bane of the Stricken for speed runs. The boss won’t live long enough to get even 10-15 stacks. Bane of the Trapped, Zei’s Stone of Vengeance, or even Bane of the Powerful would be stronger here.
  4. Timestamp 1:58 You need shoulders twice!? I know this was a slip of the tongue but one might want to review videos before publishing!
  5. Timestamp 2:10 The amulet slot is debatable between: Squirt’s Necklace, Ess of Johan, and Flavor of Time. For speed runs, Squirt’s might actually be the best if you can avoid getting hit.
  6. Timestamp 2:43 Do you know why you need Valla’s Bequest? The strafe damage is minuscule so it’s not for directly buffing damage or piercing. Just stating you need it without an explanation leads to confusion. See these threads for more information: Valla's Bequest Interaction *SOLVED*, Valla's Bequest, important break points, optimizations and more w/video!
  7. Timestamp 4:06 This isn’t a “lag spike”. Your character’s position is controlled client side but needs to be updated with the server several times per second. This means there is a slight discrepancy between where you see you are and where the server sees you are. No amount of internet bandwidth will remove this issue. You died because your Shadow Power ran out and you wanted to go melee versus Mallet Lords lol!
  8. Gear comments: as I mentioned in your Shadow Impale guide thread, you have questionable rolls on many pieces of armor. Your Dawn has 54% which is considered very bad since you will have a significant downtime between Vengeance casts. Also, follower items do not need any damage since the follower’s damage is negligible (followers have 0% base critical hit chance)!
  9. Playstyle comments: you don’t build up your momentum for quite some time. You want to stay near 20 stacks at all times for maximum damage. You also burn all your discipline very early for no reason. Save Shadow Power for tough situations. As mentioned before, Bane of the Stricken was useless here since the boss didn’t even last 5 seconds.

I hope these comments help illustrate the issues with your video. If you have questions about the build please be sure to ask on these forums and we can help you out. Blindly making guides without thorough research leads to an information glut that very often leads to misconceptions being spread.

14 Likes

look dude this build im using is the same exact build as the top 1000 people on the leader boards so i dont understand what u mean… plus i dont know what your talking about i dont have any problems with this build it works great for me and the top 1000 people on the leader boards what u talkin bout son!!!

Exactly. You don’t understand.

4 Likes

i understand the build thats why im doing speed 115s right now with this same exact build noob. :slight_smile:

Maybe if you listened to some constructive criticism you could join those 1000 people on the leaderboard.

1 Like

Nice try… speed 115s in 8min and 5 deaths ? No AD on gear, really lacking all res, CoE cubed when at that paragon elusive should be used, squirt without FB… Great.
Speeds are done in 2-3 min, good luck with that.
Under 2k paragon this would be 100-105 territory, with correctly rolled pieces, and yours are not by a mile.

the point is that if you are doing a cookie cutter build, and admitting it, then this video is not only entirely superfluous, but is also detrimental because you are stating incorrect things as fact.

the point of a video is to teach people new things or show off, this is neither.

great attitude btw.

3 Likes

so just for the record i was a bit drunk when i made that video.;… but ill fix it up and make a new video

I think you might have needed to place the alcohol down before you even hit record my dude.

Do you guys think my character can handle 95 speeds? Kind of new to this forum thing!

Don’t worry man. I don’t talk in my videos because of mean people like Iria. Nothing is better for your self esteem than receiving 9 bashing, ahem, friendly… bullet points.

I wonder what Siskel and Ebert would have said about this masterpiece? Oh, nevermind – you ran over them at timestamp: 4:20 in that GR95.

Keep making stuff, and don’t be afraid if it’s wrong – you’ve got friends here.

1 Like

I know I’m mean but at least I try to be helpful lol.

2 Likes

Saving the world, one criticism at a time. =P

1 Like

I love your builds. Please keep doing all this Kappa.

You are knowledgeable and do your research,no argument.
Unfortunately the written word can read completely differently to when you see the expressions on someone’s face in-person. Such is the Internet for sensitivity in interpretation. If you did not try and contribute or help people which you do, then I’d say you are mean. Intolerant at times, perhaps, but mean, no.

With no offence while I can see you love to play the game and great that you achieved what you wanted, calling someone a noob when you have posted and contributed less than the person you are calling a noob will generally get a negative reply. Just enjoy the game. :slight_smile:

And Iria took time to point out what could be better and helping understand mechanism both for OP and for the rest of us. So thank you, mate. :+1: